Headlights

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Im still waiting for a pair of headlights ordered by Vista Ford for me on waranty. Do any of you guys know if they will ever get them? I guess they are still very difficult to get.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
According to posts here on The 'Forum, the supplier is a casualty of the recession, and there hasn't been another set up to produce 'em as yet.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yep

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
to the guys on this site who need headlights......what exactly is wrong with your headlights? has the buld burned out or has your housing been cracked due to a bird or rock strike? there are many components that make a "headlight"

H

HHGT

I remember stress cracks, fogginess and discoloration mostly being reported.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My warranty order is also in the cue. Here is a photo of what they currently look like.

Not too noticeable until you look at certain angles, then it looks poor, like what is pictured below.

P1010049.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It seems that the headlight cracks are as common, or more so, than the fuel filler failures. I suspect, as with the fuel filler, the less one uses it the less chance of failure. Does anyone have cracks in there headlight in spite of little use? I wonder if Ford will make any changes to improve the lifespan of the headlights when the new vendor is brought online

You don't need to answer EP, Everyone knows that your fuel filler and headlights were perfect!
:rofl

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have a handful of sets on order and would be surprised to see them arrive.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You don't need to answer EP, Everyone knows that your fuel filler and headlights were perfect!
:rofl

Thank yeeeeeew...I'm startin' to get carpal tunnel...:bored

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My driver side is fogged on the inside. Warranty filed last November. Dealer checks every week. Called GT hotline and no response on this issue.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Did anyone check any salvage sites - for wrecked cars with useable headlamps.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't want one if it's covered under warranty.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

I think you mean:

I don't want one UNLESS it's covered under warranty.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

You mean you will live with the cracks if you had to shell out of pocket $1500/each+labor for the lights. Who knows what the new pricing will be!

If you don't drive at night you can always paint the headlights RED to hide the cracks and make your car even faster.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I have a spare brand new in the box set, Thank the lord:)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Have it your way Ralphie. You know what I meant. Mine is just fogged, not cracked.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Just think, most of us missed the investment opportunity of a lifetime. The Hunt brothers got it wrong, cornering the market for spare FGT parts would have had a great ROI.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Mine are both fogged or looks really dirty like an oily rag was:confused used to clean them in the inside. In the sun looks horrible. Although I hate to jig the car out but I was tempted to tint them for now in hope of the future when the lights are found or arrive. Do you think the ford waranty will want these back on replacement? will this somhow void the waranty deal if and when the lights arrive? What is your guys opinion on tinting them on a Tungsten?

H

HHGT

What is the federal law language with respect to warranty coverage or availability. Specifically on reasonable wait time?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
all of these responses here about the problems that you guys are having with your headlights are a result of a manufacturer defect from the supplier. if the supplier is not willing to warranty their product Ford has to step in and warranty these headlights......