Has a project ever really gotten away from you!

H

HHGT

Yup. That'd sure match the valve covers & the 'box on top. It'd look DARN GOOD!

(Edit: 'Wouldn't even need to be finned...other than to aid in cooling. 'MIGHT even look better w/o fins. Just a thought...)

Pockets, you should help your stressed Forum members out and head out to Florida and give John a hand. John's car will be safe since you won't drive it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets, you should help your stressed Forum members out and head out to Florida and give John a hand. John's car will be safe since you won't drive it.

I believe there's a sign on the wall in John's shop that reads, "Shop rate - $100.00 per hour. If you watch - $200.00 per hour. If Pockets is with you - $500.00 per hour. If POCKETS HELPS - $250K per hour." :willy:willy:willy

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You mean like this. Custom 17" wheels from Carobu. Like I said no stone unturned.

John

Exactly. You are obviously on it. Will you increase the wheel width and tire width at all? IMHO super low profile tires don't look right on the 70's Pininfarina cars.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Exactly. You are obviously on it. Will you increase the wheel width and tire width at all? IMHO super low profile tires don't look right on the 70's Pininfarina cars.

225/45/17
255/40/17

They look perfect in the wheel wells. :thumbsup

Might go wider in the front and back next time since my speedo could care less what size tires you put on.

John

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
my speedo could care less what size tires you put on.

John

How is that? GPS?

What were the stock tire sizes 225/60R 15" on all 4 corners ?

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
How is that? GPS?

What were the stock tire sizes 225/60R 15" on all 4 corners ?

Yep GPS. Not sure I will have to wait till next week when the car gets back from the painters. Had a full set of gages made with blue letters and horse with white background. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

John

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yep GPS...John

How does that work in a tunnel?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Wow, John...I can't wait to check out that 308 in person!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
How does that work in a tunnel?

Last tunnel I was in was 45 years ago (I think). :rofl

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, John...I can't wait to check out that 308 in person!

It will be a while before it is complete, but your welcome whenever to see the progress. I am supposed to have the rolling body back next week (sans doors, hood, etc.) which is exactly what I want to do the wiring and A/C. By the way I finished the install on the power steering for the Testarossa. Well I still have to fabricate one more bracket, but it is working.

John

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
By the way I finished the install on the power steering for the Testarossa. Well I still have to fabricate one more bracket, but it is working.

Very cool. Sajeev and I will have to drop by in the white TR sometime soon...just got it out of the shop for a CIS adjustment/rich condition. Need to put a few miles on it...

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Very cool. Sajeev and I will have to drop by in the white TR sometime soon...just got it out of the shop for a CIS adjustment/rich condition. Need to put a few miles on it...

Sounds great! I would love to see it. :thumbsup

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So here are the pics of the custom gages. Dark blue letters and and horse to match exterior color.

John

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 433
Aug 25, 2006
Looking good

Shadowman

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You are nuts! :biggrin

Great job. Can you keep me in mind when you want to move her to a new home in a few years? :thumbsup

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
John,

Just always remember - sanity is highly overrated........

Richard Hille
The GT School

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thought I would show the crank that went in the engine. It was a custom build by Scat and it has the same dimensions as a 360 crank except the nose accepts the 308 balancer and pullies. Shown with a some of the other parts, Carillo rods, forged JE pistons, custom liners, and lightweight flywheel.

John

Attachments

• Parts+back+from+machine+shop+001+(2).jpg
    Parts+back+from+machine+shop+001+(2).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 388

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Das paint! It is a Scuro Blue which is a very, very, dark blue.
John

Attachments

• Photo167.jpg
    Photo167.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 370

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Love the color. Who's painting it?

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Love the color. Who's painting it?

Erics Auto Restoration (I think thats how he has it) in Lake Jackson. I got plenty of feedback from others and I questioned him pretty extensively about his aproach. I'm very pleased with him, but he takes forever to do a full restoration (6-7 months).

John