Has a project ever really gotten away from you!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I just noticed how the other header ends terminates in the front of the engine. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me.

Transverse mounting. I've enclosed some pics below that might help explain.
John

Attachments

• Larini Exhaust 001r.jpg
    Larini Exhaust 001r.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 451
  • Larini Exhaust 004r.jpg
    Larini Exhaust 004r.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 448
H

HHGT

Are you sure about both those statements Sam? I guess if one can't make more money the gov't will take care of them anyway....and I think not all experiences require money, but some do (cars, hookers, parties, drinking, trips). Think about Charlie on Two an a Half Men.

You can definitely pay for experience, but you can not buy it.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Engine on life support dyno.
John

Attachments

• John's+Fuel+Injection+022.jpg
    John's+Fuel+Injection+022.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 423

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Got the dyno run sheet today and the goal was 350hp. Got 348hp so I am satisfied for now. :banana
Starting the redesign of the AC in the car. I purchase a new Vintage air unit and will install it in the next couple of weeks. As I noted in the beginning (I think), I am pulling all the wiring out and making a nail board for the new wiring harness layout. I am using the ISIS wiring network which allows me to program all the nodes for different functions.
John

Attachments

• L1000498.jpg
    L1000498.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 405
  • Latest+Dyno+run+50th+003.jpg
    Latest+Dyno+run+50th+003.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Awesome...thanks for the update.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Awesome...thanks for the update.

Sanjay,
The really cool part is the power/weight ratio makes it capable of taking on a Ferrari 360. Thats gotta hurt. :thumbsup I have a 3 page spread sheet and 6 pages of flow charts for completion of this project. :biggrin

John

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
That is gonna be an awesome sleeper!

Let me know when a good time is to come by with the white TR....

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
That is gonna be an awesome sleeper!

Let me know when a good time is to come by with the white TR....

Will do. I am having them crate it up this week and hopefully I'll see it next, but I still have months of work on all the other mods. But your always welcome to see the progress.

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Update

Haven't update for a while, but I have been busy. Finished a media room with all remote audio/video. Bought another car NSX and have started modifying it (SC, intercooler, AEM ECU, hidden radar, DD audio, etc.) I nearly have it finished just waiting on the intercooler parts. The Ferrari 358 (was a 308} is moving along. All the wiring has been removed along with the A/C and heater. The tanks are coming out next since all the tubing is being replaced with special poly tubing. The engine is now home and ready. I've got my wiring nails to make a full layout wiring nail board to re-wire the car. I will be plotting a full scale layout of all the components to attach to the board illlustrating the component position. I should be going on that later in the month. So, just some pics of the Ferrari and the NSX.
John

PS. Just remember it's darkest before the dawn. :lol

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 361
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 361
H

HHGT

The last picture makes me anxious

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Good luck with the projects! The NSX is a great car, the only complaint I and many others have is that it's "underpowered", and it looks like you're addressing that. As is the car just has such incredible balance and is a joy to own and drive. I have over 57,000 miles on mine and love driving the GT and NSX as they're so similar and so different. I tell everyone, the NSX is like a scapel, and the GT a machete!!!! Can't wait to see the finished products!!!!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The last picture makes me anxious

It should, but fortunately I have done this before. When my wife visited the garage I thought she was going to get sick. I have rewired 2 cars before, a 58 Corvette and a 51 Jaguar XK120. For me it is actually easier to rebuild a new harness than try and repair all the screw ups someone else did. I should also note that this is a completely different set up than the original. First the system is all solid state and allows me to program all the nodes. None of the switches carry power they merely go to the master cell module which then communicates to the power cell unit which then switches a SCR to the load (lights, motors, etc.). I have 3 power cell units which allows me to reduce 12v runs. Also all the connectors are water proof including all the modules. Because the car is going to be completely different than the original it would have been a real PITA to modify the existing harness, so out it goes.

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Good luck with the projects! The NSX is a great car, the only complaint I and many others have is that it's "underpowered", and it looks like you're addressing that. As is the car just has such incredible balance and is a joy to own and drive. I have over 57,000 miles on mine and love driving the GT and NSX as they're so similar and so different. I tell everyone, the NSX is like a scapel, and the GT a machete!!!! Can't wait to see the finished products!!!!

Thanks and I would have to agree with everything you said. I'll post some pics of the finished SC intall with the SOS intercooler. I am shooting for 400 rwp and might need to do a few other mods to get there, but we'll see. BTW, this is the second NSX I've owned the other was a 2002.

John

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Thanks and I would have to agree with everything you said. I'll post some pics of the finished SC intall with the SOS intercooler. I am shooting for 400 rwp and might need to do a few other mods to get there, but we'll see. BTW, this is the second NSX I've owned the other was a 2002.

John
I'm the owner of a 2002 since new, over at NSX Prime with the same user name as here. There are a few current and former NSX owners here. I can tell you that there are a few GT owners on prime, some who have kept both, and others that have replaced the NSX with the GT. I just can't bring myself to sell the NSX, I enjoy it too much!!!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Please update us on the ISIS system as it goes John. I might use that in an upcoming project but I'm on the fence.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Please update us on the ISIS system as it goes John. I might use that in an upcoming project but I'm on the fence.

Chris,
Will do.
John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thought I would drop this link to the engine being dyno'd.:thumbsup Picked up the remainder of the parts from the painter so next week I will get started with the wiring layout.

John

http://www.carobu.com/html/308_358_gtb_qv.html

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I got my reading in for the weekend.... went through this entire thread.... very captivating..... I can't wait to hear when the finish line is in sight. Spectacular job.....

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I got my reading in for the weekend.... went through this entire thread.... very captivating..... I can't wait to hear when the finish line is in sight. Spectacular job.....

Thanks, it is a very time consuming project (plus I've been working on my NSX build too). I have spent the last 2 weeks working on a full size wiring schematic overlayed on a full size mock up of the car. I should be finished with this in 2-3 weeks. It is giving me a blinding headache because of all the detailed work. You must remember that I am not using the original wiring harness or the schematic. This is due to the fact that everything is upgraded or changed. Plus, I am going from a traditional hot wired, fused, relay, and switched power set up to a programmable modules.

Not sure if I showed any of this before, but here is a picture of the air conditioner that came out of the Ferrari on the right and the new Vintage Air unit that will be going in. Since I am replacing the old unit with a servo controlled unit I am having to redo all the controls. The original unit was kinda bizarre because it had to small heater radiators in the front boot area. All that is gone now since the new a/c has a heater core in the unit.

The second picture was the mess I had to fix on the NSX.

John

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 325

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

Chris,
I spoke to Jay Harris at ISIS Friday about the difference in the (rear/mid) engine setup and the front engine setup. The cool part is there is really no diffence except that you re-program the module to direct output. I have the programming software and interface so at anytime I can re-configure the outputs (very cool thing). I am also going to do some things that were never possible with the original set up, such as one touch up/down windows, power ramping on lights, smart switching, fully integrated rf monitoring, etc. So, I'm taking my time cause I was told by the engine builder that Forza magazine wanted to do a write up on the project. We'll see if that works out or not, but I would do it this way anyway.

John