GTGuy At Bob Ida's

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
GTJoey and I just want to let everyone know, espcially DBK, that we are having a blast.

The bagels and schmeer, thanks GTJoey, were great.

10 GTs many people everyone enjoying.

Much thsnkd to Bob and Rob Ida for their hospitality

More info to follow in later posts

Dave

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GTJoey and I just want to let everyone know, espcially DBK, that we are hasving ablast.

The bagels and schmeer, thanks GTJoey, were great.

10 GTs many people everyone enjoying.

Much thsnkd to Bob and Rob Ida for their hositality

More info to follow in later posts

Dave

DAVE, BABY, BOOBALAH:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup WHEN YOU REPRESENT GT JOEY:thumbsup :thumbsup :banana :banana :thumbsup :thumbsup YOU MUST TYPE IN CAPS ONLY!! IT IS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY:cheers :lol :cheers :cheers BUT YOUR UP TO THE JOB..!!
THANKS,
BONY
GT JOEY'S PRESS AGENT

Get those GT's ready for the fast laps at Indy, any suggestions on the track suspension settings would be much appreciated.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
BONY

I AM SORRY!!!!!!! WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol :lol :lol :cheers :frown :bored :confused :eek :willy :thumbsup :thumbsdow :bs :banana

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Today , was a great day, dennis and rich working morning to nite, yesterday ,today into tomorrow, gt's all over the place, pulleys,chips, mufflers,short shifters, you name it. The whole group at idas set up the space and the guys did the rest. IF ANY OF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO BE AT THE NEXT GT GUYS WORK SHOP, WETHER CALIFORNIA, FLORIDA ECT. JUST OBSERVING, EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE A CAR THERE, IS PRICELESS, PRICELESS INFO AND KNOWLEDGE...NO REPAIR MANUAL CAN TEACH :thumbsup . YOUR GETTING IT FROM THE PEOPLE WHO PRODUCED YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!:thumbsup . The bagels and all hit the spot, gino,peter, and all the rest made the day fly bye. Much talk about indy and future events really made today nice... WE REALLY HAVE A GREAT GROUP. :thumbsup ENJOY GTJOEY 1314. P.S. BONY CALL ME I HAVE GREAT PICTURES , HOW DO I POST THEM. GTJOEY:thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Joey

As to dowload isn't that what DBK was going to help you with???
Dave

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
Ditto Joey, what a day!! What a great time! It was a rare opportunity to spend some quality time with fellow GT owners along with the guys who were there when the new generation GT was created!! The GT Guy's, Rich and Dennis, were not only incredibly nice but it was clear that they know the GT like the back of their hand. It was also great to meet Gino (TV show "Shooting Cars") and see some of his toys. Finally, thanks to our host, Bob and Rob Ida, two incredibly talented automotive craftsmen, who allowed us to use their shop to accommadate this event. It was their genorosity that made this weekend possible. To Dave, Dave, Don, Dennis, Joey, John and Peter, I hope to see you at Indy .... PD

Last edited:

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Thank you GT GUYS

Great day at Bob Ida's shop - GT GUYS installed Accufab exhaust, short shifter, Trans Cooler, and half shaft bolts. Thank you Rich and Dennis for a job well done - looking forward to your next east coast visit.

With GT Joey, Preston, Peter, and Dave (and Dave) it was an east coast version of a GT Rally reunion. Thanks for the bagels and schmeer GTJoey.

Got to see Bob and Rob Ida's beautiful Tucker in person - for those of you who could not make it see the March issue of Hot Rod which showcases this unique ride.

NJGT

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
GTGuy just left. Wish to thank Rich, Dennis and Bob Ida. Also thanks to all who came over for some fun and shop talk over the three days.

Dave

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
man you guys are killing me
i had all this work done on my gt by bob ida back in jan--brought it home(pissing and farting) and put it away for the winter months, was to bring it back to bob in the spring when all the salt is off the ground, to have it checked out and adjusted ????
saturday morning took it out, warmed it up, left for ida, got about 6 miles, she stalled on me a few times and then the engine lamp came on.
i nursed it back home and put it back into the garage, while you guys ate all the bagels and schmeer that joe had brought there for me=--lol
anyway, sorry i missed you all, i was really looking forward to being with the east coast gang.
maybe it will happen again in the near future.
in the mean time, have to wait till the new applied ground salt is gone and i will try to figure out how to get my very sick gt back up to ida !!!!!!!!

a very sad sam and #1451

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sam! What work did you have done that resulted in the car being wacko? :frown

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
ida exhaust---tune--pulley--plugs--k&n--dyno
first dyno run--655 rwhp
corrected 632 rwhp
10 miles after leaving his shop, started missing, got off my exit and it stalled
pulling into my garage--it stalled(idle seems to be low)
i called him right away after i put it in the garage--told him and he said it needed to be adjusted-with bad weather coming the next day, we decieded to bring it back in the spring for the needed adjustments--????
then this saturday and you know the rest

i'm not a happy camper at this point right now, especially knowing that as soon as this recent ice storm salting melts away, i have to attempt driving my car some 60 miles back up there with an engine lamp on and a stalling problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam
ps--thanks for your concern dave

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
ida exhaust---tune--pulley--plugs--k&n--dyno
first dyno run--655 rwhp
corrected 632 rwhp
10 miles after leaving his shop, started missing, got off my exit and it stalled
pulling into my garage--it stalled(idle seems to be low)
i called him right away after i put it in the garage--told him and he said it needed to be adjusted-with bad weather coming the next day, we decieded to bring it back in the spring for the needed adjustments--????
then this saturday and you know the rest

i'm not a happy camper at this point right now, especially knowing that as soon as this recent ice storm salting melts away, i have to attempt driving my car some 60 miles back up there with an engine lamp on and a stalling problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam
ps--thanks for your concern dave

You might seriously considered flat bedding it there if it isn't running right, to prevent any possibility of engine or cat damage..

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
What is required is a minor adjustment to the mass air voltage.

Dave

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
there should not be the need for any adjustments
it should have left there tested and good shape !!!!!!
instead, now i have all this un-needed aggravation.

sam
#1451----------red/white
ps--thx black ice--if push comes to shove i will stand the embarrasment and have it towed from my house, past all my neighbors, and back to ida's shop.
but hopefully this guy will do the right thing and come here and repair it, especially after seeing what my car looked like after being at his facility and having gone through ravines of mud through his driveways

Last edited:

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Why don't you just re-install the stock tune for the drive back?

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
all good and caring suggestions and i appreciate all the input
i'm waiting to here from ida, apparently he is at a funeral today
i'm sure he will call me as soon as he can.

sam #1451-------red/white

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

I agree with Jason. Put the stock tune in (worst case is that they can send you the programmer for you to do this and you can send it back to them when you are done). You can drive on the stock tune without any risk as long as you stay out of boost.

Before you change anything, however, you should get the codes out of the engine to see what it is mad about. (This can help them to get it right.) There's any number of inexpensive code reader devices that you can get to do this.

Finally, just in case it is not something silly easy, check the electrical plug connector that's on the top throat of the airbox. Make sure it is firmly seated.

Don't worry too much... for sure it is an inconvenience but I'm sure the fix will be quick/easy once you get the travel logistics worked out.

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
GT Guys & Bob Ida Thanks !!!!

Dear Bob, Dennis and Rich,
Thanks for making the GT weekend a complete success.

Dennis and Rich, What can I say the short shift kit works like a dream. It was a pleasure to see you guys again and watch the two of you working in unison.

Bob, you are one of a kind, just amazing! Your tune is fantastic. To think I’ve got just about as much power as those running a smaller pulley, race headers, race mufflers, open pipes and still have a civilized daily driver to take to work or the track. Thanks for setting up the data logger functions too. Next time at the track we’ll be able to find other ways to tweak the beast.

Special thanks to barondw (Dave) for helping pull this thing together.

Joey and all the others that came out, always great to see you.
See you on the track.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

If you have the programmer that would be my suggestion. I assume they gave it to you Sam? Either way, it sounds minor and I'm sure they'll take care of it quick!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
TrackDay said:
Hi Sam,
I did not intend to get involved with this but here is my recommendation.
Bob Ida and Ford know well about the stalling issues on the GT.
None of this has been published anywhere.
Trust!
The check engine light is almost certinatlly result of the stalling when you approach a stop, not a lean issue or something that could cause any damage.
I’ve experienced the Ford stalling issue myself first hand, and the check engine litght, talked with the Ford / Roush folks. Bob is the only one that has found a cure without the performance reductions.
Bob is the only one that has designed an exhaust system with Ford’s help to reduce engine temperatures. If you look closely at the exhaust competion they lack that insight.
Don’t stress.
Bob has the kind of contacts within Ford and Roush that many have difficulty imagining. He is a very understated person. One of a kind.
Take a deep breath, relax. He has solutions for you.
Other things are much more important in life.
I’m not trying to minimize your situation but give you my suppoort and offer some relief.
Hang in there he will resolve your isues and you will find others that have claimed their tune is best ever only to find out when pressed it’s more fulff and doesn’t deliver the goods.
Sorry we missed each other this past weekend.

i appreciate your insight in this matter
i to am aware of the stalling problems that some of the gt's have experienced, but that is not the case here.
my gt was brought to the ida pig sty in perfect showroom condition, and in perfect running condition.
when i got it back, it was filthy and wiped down(windshield included) with an oily/greasy rag. my under carraige was covered with mud and i had sand in my rims and rotors.
within 10 miles of his establisment, my car started farting and missing. within 40 miles, it started.
stalling. all this is a direct result of whatever was or was not done to my car while it was at his shop.
and now he want ME to drive it all the way back up there in its present condition.
i appreciate you sticking up for him, but you are way out in left field with this one.
put yourself in my place, how would you feel, had this happened to you ????????

sam
#1451--------red/white