GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Unfortunatly I will not be at the rally. Maybe next time.

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
I was in the process of doing something similar with an extra factory one that I bought but haven't had time. Very interested in what you have done. PM sent.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Small status update for folks that ordered the wiper arm kits. Arms are due to ship to me by end of the month. I would have them modified, assembled and shipped a week or so after I get them. (IE will need a weekend to work on them). Just letting everyone know they are in process.

The Michelin hybrid suspension wiper assemblies have already arrived.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I am also interested. This is my first post, btw. My Ford GT arrives this weekend.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
I am also interested. This is my first post, btw. My Ford GT arrives this weekend.

Hey, that's great news! Buying mods before you get the car; good style. Congrats too by the way. You need another post that welcomes yourself so we can pile on the well wishing.

I bought these wipers this morning and can't wait to get 'em.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York

Hey, that's great news! Buying mods before you get the car; good style. Congrats too by the way. You need another post that welcomes yourself so we can pile on the well wishing.

I bought these wipers this morning and can't wait to get 'em.
I met Ken this weekend at the Scarsdale Concours. He's buying a car (fastest color) from Shelby, and I do remember that other than exhaust, you were keeping it stock. Gee, that didn't last long. I hope you took my advice and told Shelby to put the short shift kit on before shipping. One of the greatest feelings (other than the birth of my daughter), was watching the shipper open the doors to the truck, and laying my eyes on my GT for the first time. Make sure you take lots of pictures!!!! Give me a call, pm, or whatever, and we'll go for a ride before it gets too cold. Just remember, go easy on the go pedal until the tires are warm, and you get to know the car. If you're not careful, it will bite you!!!

PS, sorry for the thread-jack!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

:cheers

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
I would really like a set of these, also. Count me in.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Good news!, just got word that the first batch of arms shipped to me today. These are the ones ordered Oct 6. I think subsequent orders will be faster now but will keep the group posted.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Good news!, just got word that the first batch of arms shipped to me today. These are the ones ordered Oct 6. I think subsequent orders will be faster now but will keep the group posted.

Great to hear! I think of you every time I peer into the wiper arm, noticing something that looks like traffic just behind them! Thanks for doing this project.

JKR

GT Owner
Great project, I'm interested PM sent :thumbsup
Thanks

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
If your making enough sets I would like one to.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Good news update.

The first 8 sets are hitting UPS tomorrow. If you ordered prior to Oct 7, you should be getting a UPS shipment notification today or tomorrow. I should be getting more parts in this week. Please post when you get them.

To remove your current arms, lift the arm up to its verticle position, release the finger tab at the hub by catching the tab with your finger and pulling it away from the hub. It only moves about an eighth of an inch. Then lift the arm off. Install by just placing the new arm on the hub.

When installing, you need to be a bit careful to choose the correct spline position such that the wiper does not hit the hood or fender at the bottom of its stroke. If you install them in the park position where most of us have them all the time, just position them as low as possible without touching the body work.

The washer hose for the passenger side is very easy to access the connection right below the hub with the bonnet up. The driver side is under the edge of the fender. I have found it easier to see through the opening to the rear with the driver door all the way open and looking above the hinge. Even with my large hands, I had no trouble reaching the connection to push the hose on the barb fitting.

The longer of the two arms goes on the passenger side.

Please let me know if there are any questions. I hope everyone likes these as much as I have.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thank you for all your efforts. Excited to see them installed.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Looking forward to them, thanks for the effort

Kurt

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The next 6 sets are shipping today. This covers orders recieved up to and including Oct 26. More parts are on order and expected near year's end. Hope everyone has a great holiday!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I received mine but have not installed them yet but plan on doing so this weekend

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I hope I am on the list!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Yes, yours are ready. PM sent.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for doing this. Just installed mine. Weather is too crappy to drive but they look much cleaner and totally OEM. :thumbsup