GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sounds stock.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I don't care what anyone says, the GT was responsible for a complete sea change in the supercar universe. I know people say the F430 was already on the drawing boards when the GT first appeared, but the GT so smoked the competition, that the other manufacturers were forced to step it up a few notches. The GT was the last analog supercar, in what was an increasingly digital world. But everything the GT did was SO much better than the doubters expected, that the other guys had to go back to the well for more power, better handling, and better brakes than the lowly Ford. The Ford out accelerated, out braked, and out handled everything within $100 grand of its price. I remember all of the contemporary reviews, and ALL of them were shocked at how complete the GT was. Only R&T made left handed compliments, but even they begrudgingly admitted the GT was the BOSS for any supercar @ $250,000 or under.
When I first brought my GT home, I went to the local Porsche dealer in Barrington, and they had two Carrera GTs that may as well have been glued to the showroom floor @ $400,000+ MSRPs. The salespeople went NUTS for my GT. Because the side stripes were removed (Shelby's idea) some didn't even know what the car was.
Nearly ten years later, the GT is still the same. No other recent supercar embodies what the GT has; performance, value, LOOKS. Name another car that stops people in their tracks like a GT. Even complete @$$holes can't criticize it. The GT truly is a once in a lifetime car.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Video was well done. Nice little article they did comparing in to the more 'modern' and highly digital GT-R.

http://www.crankandpiston.com/on-the-road/ford-gt-vs-nissan-gt-r-track-pack-opposites-attract/

Tomcat

GT Owner
The GT was the last analog supercar, in what was an increasingly digital world.
This says so eloquently what I have been trying to convey...Thanks.
What/Whose polished "coil covers" are on the engine in the video?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Nice video we are lucky caretakers. Next years rally will be a great birthday pary.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
What/Whose polished "coil covers" are on the engine in the video?

Those are from Ford Racing. They say they aren't available, but I'm sure some can be found elsewhere. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6756

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don't care what anyone says, the GT was responsible for a complete sea change in the supercar universe. I know people say the F430 was already on the drawing boards when the GT first appeared, but the GT so smoked the competition, that the other manufacturers were forced to step it up a few notches. The GT was the last analog supercar, in what was an increasingly digital world. But everything the GT did was SO much better than the doubters expected, that the other guys had to go back to the well for more power, better handling, and better brakes than the lowly Ford. The Ford out accelerated, out braked, and out handled everything within $100 grand of its price. I remember all of the contemporary reviews, and ALL of them were shocked at how complete the GT was. Only R&T made left handed compliments, but even they begrudgingly admitted the GT was the BOSS for any super car @ $250,000 or under.

When I first brought my GT home, I went to the local Porsche dealer in Barrington, and they had two Carrera GTs that may as well have been glued to the showroom floor @ $400,000+ MSRPs. The salespeople went NUTS for my GT. Because the side stripes were removed (Shelby's idea) some didn't even know what the car was.
Nearly ten years later, the GT is still the same. No other recent supercar embodies what the GT has; performance, value, LOOKS. Name another car that stops people in their tracks like a GT. Even complete @$$holes can't criticize it. The GT truly is a once in a lifetime car.
Nicely stated! I couldn’t agree more!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those are from Ford Racing. They say they aren't available, but I'm sure some can be found elsewhere. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6756

They are still available under a different part number:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11948

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I still get goosebumps watching videos like this and "The One" which Ford used at the 2002 Detroit Auto Show.
To know I have one of these iconic vehicles in my garage is priceless.

Well said djs! My thoughts as well.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I parked at a popular spot in Sarasota today. St. Armand's Circle. Wealthy area and big tourist attraction. Restaurants and shops and people watching. I sat and watched for about 20 min. Everybody...everybody who walked by stopped and looked. Most did photos. I got a little concerned when a car pulled in fast and stopped. An Asian child of about six or seven gets out and starts yelling and jumping up and down. A woman, I assume his mother gets out. He gestures and says something I don't understand. She stands by the GT and this small child takes a photo.

Meanwhile, the Lambos, Ferraris and other usual exotics didn't get much more than a glance as people strolled by. So common.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
WOW!
All the gauges work?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I parked at a popular spot in Sarasota today. St. Armand's Circle. Wealthy area and big tourist attraction. Restaurants and shops and people watching. I sat and watched for about 20 min. Everybody...everybody who walked by stopped and looked. Most did photos. I got a little concerned when a car pulled in fast and stopped. An Asian child of about six or seven gets out and starts yelling and jumping up and down. A woman, I assume his mother gets out. He gestures and says something I don't understand. She stands by the GT and this small child takes a photo.

Meanwhile, the Lambos, Ferraris and other usual exotics didn't get much more than a glance as people strolled by. So common.

Fun Day wasn't it. I've had many similar experiences.

I'm pretty sure that 3rd grade and 4th grade boys know more about the Ford GT than any non-owner on the planet.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Video was well done. Nice little article they did comparing in to the more 'modern' and highly digital GT-R.

http://www.crankandpiston.com/on-the-road/ford-gt-vs-nissan-gt-r-track-pack-opposites-attract/

I like the part at the end of the article. In regards to the GTR: "...despite it's rise in price, it's not a supercar."

"The Ford demonstrates just what a supercar should be."

Ed

PS I noticed that Roketman wrote a comment on the article on that website. In it he tells them he owns both & if he had a choice of only one, he would choose...? Interesting choice.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Ferrari makes 20-25,000 of each V8 model. There are a lot of them out there - not rare at all, but it seems so since their owners never drive them.

Ed

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
I like the part at the end of the article. In regards to the GTR: "...despite it's rise in price, it's not a supercar."

"The Ford demonstrates just what a supercar should be."

Ed

PS I noticed that Roketman wrote a comment on the article on that website. In it he tells them he owns both & if he had a choice of only one, he would choose...? Interesting choice.

I also own both, my GTR is a 2014 replacing my 2009. If I had to part with one it would be the GTR. If I could only own one car it would be the GTR.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I also own both, my GTR is a 2014 replacing my 2009. If I had to part with one it would be the GTR. If I could only own one car it would be the GTR.

???

Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Took me a second but I think he means that if he had to part with either the GT or GT-R, he would ditch the GT-R (assuming he also had other cars he could use). If he could have one and only one car for everything, it would be the GT-R.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Took me a second but I think he means that if he had to part with either the GT or GT-R, he would ditch the GT-R (assuming he also had other cars he could use). If he could have one and only one car for everything, it would be the GT-R.

Yep that's what he said. I don't think many even on this forum would choose to have a FGT as they one and only car, EP excepted.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
That is correct Ed, you get an A lol