GT Sightings....the modern day Unicorn?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Went out for a little blow off steam cruise up to Pismo Beach today and had a great time with the car as usual. While I was dodging cars drifting into my lane for a closer look, opening the car up at the gas station for people to look, and eating lunch watching out the window as my car was surrounded like it was an ATM spitting out free cash I got to thinking. How often do you actually see a GT out/on the road?

Before I bought my GT I saw one once (blue/white stripes) and to be honest I was happy that I got to follow it for ten miles. Since I bought mine I have seen one on the road (a red one outside of Tehachapi on the way home from Vegas) and I met another owner at a local C&C near Pismo who has a blue/white and was probably the one I had seen before. My wife saw one in Vegas (and she better not have got a ride in it :lol)

Here on the central coast there are a lot of car cruises to Pismo Beach. I have seen Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette and classic car clubs going up and down the 101 highway in decent size groups many times. Is the Ford GT the rarest car to actually see out/on the road?

Now not counting Rally's and owner get togethers how often have you guys actually seen a GT on the road unplanned?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Once!

H

HHGT

There is 8 GTs in a 3 Mile Radius where I live. Outside here, a handful of times.

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
GT's in Vegas

I live here in Vegas and have never seen one out on the road. I have seen one at C and C, one at the Pahrump track and a few in friends garages.
Next week should change the vegas GT exposure "slightly" :biggrin

Looking forward to meeting a few more GT owners :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Unplanned? Never. Not once.:frown

OH!!!! Wait a minute! I did see ONE. In ARIDzona last June. It was headed south on the 101 and 'was taking an exit (just north of the 202 interchange for you locals) when I spotted it.

Speaking of ARIDzona, 'never seen a GT at the Pavilion 'show/cruise on a Saturday night either - and I KNOW there are several GT's in the 'Valley. :bored

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I have yet to see another GT on the road. Of course I do live in a small town in the middle of the desert.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
3 in my hometown: Scarsdale

I see myself in mirror too

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Unplanned about 10 times total, not including traveling to car shows.

But, it's tapered off in the past year. I see an Audi R8 more now or a Carrera GT more than I see a Ford GT.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
About 15-20 here in the Fresno area, should be three or four of us for coffee tomorrow.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
It's amazing how much attention this machine draws :thumbsup

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I had a fun experience a few months back. Was driving my Tungsten gal on one of our few quiet and scenic roads in NE Florida. It was a nice, not too hot day. Of course, I was obeying all local speed limits. Whilst driving down this quiet 2 lane road, I see another GT, in blue, coming the opposite direction. I think we were shocked when we saw each other. I slowed down and he U-turned and came up behind me. We both pulled over and had a nice chat comparing mods we had done. A very nice fellow - I saw him recently and found out he sold his GT. Perhaps to noones surprise, he was talking about getting another.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Your going to see alot of them together in about 1-2 days :)

Its funny we have 3 here in Murphy...3.6sq miles 6K population...and I would guess 30 or so in Dallas...Don't see them very often...

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Not yet.......of course this is Iowa. :bored But just ask me about pickup sightings !! :banana

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Couple of times...

It is amazing how these cars look when you stumble on them in traffic as well... so low, and wide looking they have a complete different presence surrounded by everything else :banana

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Couple of times...

It is amazing how these cars look when you stumble on them in traffic as well... so low, and wide looking they have a complete different presence surrounded by everything else :banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Not yet.......of course this is Iowa. :bored But just ask me about pickup sightings !! :banana

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The Unicorn analogy is a good one !
Where I live ,I know there is about 6-8 other owners . Can't seem to get them all together .The exception is Specracer,we have driven /instructed at some drivers ed's and done some car shows . The cars not us are the superstar !!

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
Three times although one was at the local Aston Martin dealership not on the road.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Once...and it was while i was test driving the Lambo 560-4!! :confused

Too bad as I would have loved to see another GT while driving mine.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Couple of times...

It is amazing how these cars look when you stumble on them in traffic as well... so low, and wide looking they have a complete different presence surrounded by everything else

This is very true....

In the UK you hardly ever see one. I saw one in late 2005 in central London (red with white stripe) and I happened to be in my GT driving on the motorway and actually overtook one! But he wasn't very playful, I sat behind him flashed my lights then overtook him, but he didn't want to play....

So that's two in 3 years of looking.