GT Sightings....the modern day Unicorn?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Gentlemen,

These cars are as common as dirt clods in a farm field. It's not even noon and I've already had six of them show up at my house!! :biggrin :thumbsup :banana :cheers There's a hotel in downtown Scottsdale that expects to have 45 of them in their underground parking garage tonight.

Chip

The report for the southwest is that GT squall you are experiencing in Scottsdale is strengthening and should turn into a full scale GT blizzard in Vegas!! :biggrin

Stay :cool and try not to have too much fun while :driving: into Vegas.

I hear there are some serious :party:club:party:club:party events going on there this week. Can't seem to remember exactly what it is though. :lol

Last edited:

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
I have never seen one on the road other than mine when my Brother-in law drove it away for a detail job. He loves to wax and I don't so we have a deal where I lend him my fun cars for a week or two and he brings em back all shiny and clean.:eek

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have never seen one on the road other than mine when my Brother-in law drove it away for a detail job. He loves to wax and I don't so we have a deal where I lend him my fun cars for a week or two and he brings em back all shiny and clean.:eek

...'ever checked the tread depth of the rear tires upon the GT's return?

'Just askin'... 'not assumin' nuthin' ya understand... :frown

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I believe I'm the only one here in LA

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Saw 25 at Don & Charlies last night and didn't even have one Makers Manhattan.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Saw 25 at Don & Charlies last night and didn't even have one Makers Manhattan.

You must have been looking through a kaleidoscope.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Lived in Houston and never saw one on the road, saw 5 at Lone Star Ford the day I bought mine. While I was there a transporter pulled up to deliver two to Seattle area folks who had bought them.

Now in Springfield/Branson area and have not seen one on the road, but two parked on different occasions but could not find the owners (I was not in my GT at the time)

If DPGT and I can ever connect, perhaps I will see another one on the road.

GT-350 KID

Jan 23, 2008
Denver, Colorado
There is something special about randomly spotting a GT. I was getting gas this morning when a Red striped GT pulled in. The gentleman purchased the car 2 weeks ago and was very nice to speak with. He hadn't heard of the Forum, so I gave him the info and hopefully he will become a member.

The GT that is in my family is 500 miles away, so any chance to see one makes my day. I have seen several GT's in the Denver metro, A yellow one, a silver, a tungsten, three driving down the mountain on I-70, and a GTX1 (all last summer). Now, if I can just get one in my garage...:driving:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The GT that is in my family is 500 miles away, so any chance to see one makes my day.

Now, if I can just get one in my garage...:driving:

Just keep treating your family right, and maybe you will have your wish! :wink

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
Every once in a while I see one cruisin' Woodward in the Birmingham, MI area. I have only seen 1 while I was in mine. We stopped and chatted for about 20 minutes. I get the same "need for speed" feeling when I see one, and then the hair starts to stand on the back of my neck. It's a thrill even though I've had mine for over 3 years.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Several months ago I was returning home from the grocery store in my (now sold) Camry. I looked in the rear view mirror and behind me was a red/white stripe GT. I was on a residential street near my house - never seen it before. I watched it as it turned into a subdivision. I made a quick U-turn and followed it. It pulled into a driveway, then into the garage. The garage door was closing as I was parking in front of the house. I got out, walked up the driveway - THEN I started thinking - heck - I'm a stalker :willy What the heck am I going to say to this guy? Anyway, he saw me walking up his drive and came out of the garage. I introduced myself, told him about our GTs (I ran into him right when we were expecting devlery of our 2 new ones). And we happened to be having a party at Larry's (AZGT) that weekend. His name is Randall. He came up to Larry's for our "stork" party. I don't believe he's a Forum member; not too interested in socializing with us fun-atics:biggrin I guess.
Lady Blue Moose

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Several months ago I was returning home from the grocery store in my (now sold) Camry.

Don't tell me, you replaced the grocery getter Camry with the Heritage GT, or Camilo's old car. Of course you don't take any passengers and don't have a large shopping list.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I do have to agree with Lady Blue. There is something about seeing someone who has a GT that makes you want to talk to them. It is like having a kindred spirit around that just draws you in....and you want to assume that they are as nuts as you are about the car.

I have only met three other owners in person, two who are local and not on the Forum, but you can tell that each is moved by the car. :thumbsup The comment that made me smile the most thus far was an owner I saw at a local C&C recently. We talked about our GT's for 20 minutes and I showed him some mods I had done, then just as he was getting ready to leave he leaned closer, put his hand on my shoulder (relax....not that kind of post :lol) and quietly said "I wish I would have known they were going to make your color....I would have waited and got an '06 instead of an '05. It's my favorite color I have seen on the GT." :biggrin

Just my little contribution to the never ending color debate. :cheers