GT...40

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Any plans for the Atlanta race this year?I just booked my tickets!

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
All it takes on on bad seed to ruin it for everybody. Too bad I never had the chance to run in the previous rallies as they all sounds fun.

DBK - always loved how you spec'd out H040. I was surprised to see it on the RM auction email I got the other day, which is what lead me to see the updates on this thread. I wish I followed the "GT World" closer to be in the know of private sales, because the H040 would of been a nice one to add to the stable and keep it within the "family"....kinda of :)

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Who was that courteous driver in the white car giving a point by?
Well, that would be none other than the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Kenneth Clay himself... 😂

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Have been in Carmel all week, just catching up on forum. So sorry to here about DBKs treatment by "car guys"! I guess there are a..holes everywhere. Keep the faith Dave, most of us truly appreciate what you have done for us over the years. Look at the big picture and step over the turd on the ground! Missed you out here during "car week" you would have enjoyed it.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Dave, rest assured that you can sleep well every night knowing that YOU have always done the right thing.

Reactions: Ed Sims

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unlike Cantwell

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
These cars make a lot of noise, so there is a giant NVH hush panel located behind the seats. I don’t care about noise, I want to see all of that carbon, so I already took that shit right out. :biggrin Looks sick. Noisier, hotter; do not care. The bit between the seats, and behind the seats as you look through the seat back is visible carbon. Gorgeous.

This Ford GT is believed to be the only road car released from the factory without the NVH panel affixed to the rear bulkhead, exposing the carbon-fiber finish. This was a competition-grade tweak to which Ford’s subsequent revised manufacturing processes spelled an end.....RM Sothebys

Interesting

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Peace out.

Delivery day. I actually asked some people to leave so I could have this moment of zen by myself. I think it was just me, Bernardo and Lynsey. It was the culmination of a long, nearly 4 year wait.

Giving random kids rides on Day 1.

St. John's Concourse

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Demos

Popular on the internet...

Celebrity demo

Jet Center

With Marino Franchitti

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome Speedhunters article shot by Paddy McGrath

Probably the most insane car show I'll ever be at. Drove in together with Chris Svensson behind me in the company car. So many cell phones.

On the way to Big Sur running into a friend with his Singer.

Quail with a cousin I would buy shortly.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Rolex 24 at Daytona - the only Ford GT, and honestly, practically the only Ford that showed up in the parking lot. Drove across the state with Multimatic Head of Design Garen Nicoghosian as my passenger. Every time we looked outside there were people around the car. I did manage to get a parade lap around the track, which was quite awesome. It was at night, and I've never seen a pic, which sucks.

Mid-Ohio with NJS and Chris Svensson. Chris was having a rough time by this point, but he badly wanted to caravan to a race in the GTs. We drove down and got nailed with some hellacious weather on the way back but I was super thankful we got the opportunity to do this before Chris died.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Utah

Volunteered to be on display for Michelin at Petit Le Mans.

That's all she wrote. Garen was around to say goodbye. Car was in Michigan, Ohio, Florida, California, Utah, Georgia. Dozens of people have had rides in it. People I knew and people I didn't. Was displayed at a bunch of pretty big events, and in the parking lots of lots of races. Only ever got to track it one time, but it was worth it. I would guess that the cumulative interactions on social media with this particular car was in the millions, given that in the beginning some of the bigger social media accounts would post it and it would get 40,000 likes.

Did my part.

Bye

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
TheStradman

EddieX

Sppedhunters

GT Rally 12

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Good job DBK. You did more than all of us combined! A lot of stuff done in a short time.

Ed

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
A well documented 2 years. I was fortunate to have been a part of it. You and H040 were the flagship of GT community. Thank you for all that you have done for us, the cars, and the fans.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Will miss seeing it around town. I'm sure it's a tough day for you Dave. Thanks for all you do!

Reactions: 07XL0027

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Loved the video shoot in Utah a great day

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Loved the video shoot in Utah a great day
That was a fun day. DBK, you, Mitchell and me.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Nice summary Dave. After being around the vehicle on many occasions and at many events.... I hope the vehicle ultimately finds a good home!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
What a journey! I was getting all wistful as I scrolled through today’s post—and it wasn’t even my car!

My father likes to say that good things are best shared, and all the pics from rallies, races, events, etc. remind me of how true that is. Thanks for having all of us along for the ride. It’s been great so far, with more to come!