Forum Update

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think the new look is terrible. I may be in the minority with this viewpoint, though the Forum appears to have significantly less traffic/postings since the update......which may be a proof point.

It is hard on the eyes with very little contrast.

I wouldn't call it "terrible", just "different". But, for my own part, I simply PREFER the old format...mainly kuz I could go to wherever I wanted automatically w/o even thinking about it. And you know me - "thinking" is not my strong suit. :biggrin ('Figgered I'd save a few of you the post and just say it myself!)

That said, I "prefer" a lotta the '50's-'60's cars to present offerings, too! :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Dave, its your baby and appreciate "ALL" the work to run this site....without piling on is there any way to change the white backround , my retnas are burning out...can i do it some how ? am I missing a button or field....to make the change....fUnY My OTHER kEys ARE ALL WO rKIng fine GTJOEY1314 going towards the white light.....wheres the smiley face button?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I may be in the minority with this viewpoint, though the Forum appears to have significantly less traffic/postings since the update......which may be a proof point.

That's all in your head. In fact, it's the opposite. On the 11th, there were 65 new posts, on the 18th (the day after) there were 88. On the 13th there were 100. On the 20th there were 116.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I wouldn't call it "terrible", just "different". But, for my own part, I simply PREFER the old format...mainly kuz I could go to wherever I wanted automatically w/o even thinking about it. And you know me - "thinking" is not my strong suit. :biggrin ('Figgered I'd save a few of you the post and just say it myself!)

That said, I "prefer" a lotta the '50's-'60's cars to present offerings, too! :lol

Just the typical old car - old driver ......along with the 5 mile uphill walk to and from school...tell it like it is Gramps.

H

HHGT

I wouldn't call it "terrible", just "different".

Are you talking about your friends at the Wynn? "Ridiculously Old Fashioned , BMW Loving Pockets":biggrin

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Looks great! Very Racey!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Background is now gray. Hopefully that's less terrible Herb :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
WOW...that was fast.....thank you. GTJOEY1314

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just the typical old car - old driver ......along with the 5 mile uphill walk to and from school...tell it like it is Gramps.

It was TEN miles both ways, Oh BALD One.

Are you talking about your friends at the Wynn? "Ridiculously Old Fashioned , BMW Loving Pockets":biggrin

I found out why you're so anti-Wynn. YOU & A COUPLE OF YOUR 'PALS' WERE TOSSED OUTTA THE PLACE for making a scene shortly after the place opened. Mgmt didn't go into detail about what KINDA scene 'twas...but, given the rumors regarding their clientele, I can pbly guess!!! :sleep:

And fer th' hundredth time - the Bimmer is wifey's car! No mine!:box:

(Edit: HEY! The grey IS 'more gooder', isn't it!)

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I feel like I got a new wife !

ya an albino one!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Soroush!

Nice to see the new little app icons on the Quick Reply. Haven't tried them yet, but they should make things easier.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, when you go the What's New tab, all the new, recent posts are brought up. Just like in the old system; however, the old system also listed how many posts there were as well as how many pages there were. I kind of miss that total number of new posts because it gives you an idea just how many new posts you have to review to catch up, not just the number of pages, and how much time it might require to review all the new stuff. Can we have this back along with RED?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There's a red style available. Not sure I understand the other point. It lists how many replies are in a thread and how many pages there in the What's New function. Pages appear just next to the thread title and replies in the middle of the page...?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, ha Dave, the joke is on you. The feature listing the total number of new posts IS there, at the bottom left corner. You can't see it with the Matech pattern cause it's printed in black. As soon as I turned on the RED, you can see it easily. thanks for the RED buddy.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Good one Soroush!

Ya Frank, this is my first official complaint on this forum....... this is how I feel about the new setup:bored
but like everything else I guess I'll get used to it. this forum is like cocaine, even if you cut it 100 times its better than alternative.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Background is now gray. Hopefully that's less terrible Herb :lol

That is much better (less terrible!). Thank you.

RE: things in my head..............well, I have lived with them so far. There are just so many voices though:willy

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I actually love the new look Dave and still learninng but dont let all the spoiled brats burst your bubble. I was already a tard trying to deal with the old so the fact that everyone is starting from scratch is good!!! :)

Thanks,
A

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Dave
great work,
I love the black,
and its now like having a new toy to play with,now I just have work out were all the tricks are
NZ05GT

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
"...........spoiled brats......."
:slap

H

HHGT

I'm still waiting for the Heritage colored option.

BTW, don't worry about Kingman, no matter the color, he will always have a $hitty outlook on life.:biggrin