Forum Update

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I'm still waiting for the Heritage colored option.

BTW, don't worry about Kingman, no matter the color, he will always have a $hitty outlook on life.:biggrin

Will get a chance to meet him this Sunday and give him a good spanking!!! Is Jay Leno on this forum? He is such a King. He always shows up to SuperCarSunday and is so down to earth and cool. I wish we could get a huge group of GTs here once. Perhaps one of the future rallys will be in LA or SoCal and we can coordinate with this event at the end of each month. Its bigtime now and very organized. Better than any carshow. Last weejend was Concourse de Eleance in Beverly Hils and there was one GT1000 Blue and all loneley.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California

BTW, don't worry about Kingman, no matter the color, he will always have a $hitty outlook on life.:biggrin

ARe you going to make thei SCS in Woodland Hills b any chance HHGT?

H

HHGT

I may be able to if I can get something off my plate. Will not know till thursday.

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
1) Did the forum lose a bunch of posts? I was checking around using the new format and wanted to see all of my old posts and there is a gap (in my posts) from 9/06 until ~1/10. Now I know I don't post much, but I know I posted in each year!

2) Also, what happened to the photo Gallery I used to have?

3) Also there is so much blank space in between the posts for some reason.. there is a little page icon (rollover it says "default") 2" of blank space then the quoted message.. (see #62 above as example)

Sorry if these problems are known, but I dind't see them in a quick read of this thread. I like the Matech view!

Maybe these are problems with my browser?
Edit: 3) I confirmed the spacing issue was due to IE6. When I use firefox the format is better.
2) I found the gallery by clicking "See Photos" in my sig, but how do you get there otherwise? Lots of coding alarm messages related to this link now.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Heritage is back. Let me know where you find bugs or color conflicts.

1) Did the forum lose a bunch of posts? I was checking around using the new format and wanted to see all of my old posts and there is a gap (in my posts) from 9/06 until ~1/10. Now I know I don't post much, but I know I posted in each year!

Nope. We're right around 230,000, which is about what we were. Your post count reflects way higher than your search result. Let me see what I can find out.

2) I found the gallery by clicking "See Photos" in my sig, but how do you get there otherwise? Lots of coding alarm messages related to this link now.

The old gallery software does not work with the current vB. I backed up all the old images and am looking for a way to integrate them with the new software. It's probably gonna be a while for that one.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Heritage is back.

Thanks, i needed that!!
:thumbsup

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I think there is some kind of problem with the search function as well. For example, I search for "optima" and get only 7 results. From
a google search I get this, but it didn't show up in my forum search.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?17015-Optima-Battery-Life-Survey

Search "odyssey" returns 3 hits but misses this:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?16927-Odyssey-battery&p=208609

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll empty and rebuild the search index tonight and see if that corrects the issue. There's been some reports of this with the update so I'll try the existing remedies to fix it.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
just for fjpikul?---Red is Back

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I'll empty and rebuild the search index tonight and see if that corrects the issue. There's been some reports of this with the update so I'll try the existing remedies to fix it.

Thank you sir. Your efforts are appreciated!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Space above posted quotes.

Dave,

I love the #60 Matech GT at the top of the page. Big suprise there 'eh. On my computer on posts that have quoted an earlier post, there is a 5 inch blank space above the quoted post. It looks odd. Is this a problem with my computer or is that the way it is?? Photo below of what it looks like on my old Dell/Intel/Microsoft computer.

Chip

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 96

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Re-indexed the search engine and lots of the posts are showing up, including the optima stuff. I don't know why the first required re-indexing upon update didn't see to get it done, but it appears to be much better now. Your blank spots in the posting history have been filled in Dan. I got 5 pages of results under your name.

Will investigate Chip. I suspect it's IE related though. It does not appear that way on Firefox or Safari.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My IE seems to work OK. Chip, perhaps you need a computer with a Pentium processor instead of the old 486.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Space above posted quotes. My computer displays exactly like Chips and I have about as new and powerful a computer as you can buy.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Space above posted quotes. My computer displays exactly like Chips and I have about as new and powerful a computer as you can buy.

See if it got any smaller. I shrank the padding width to nothing, but it was already pretty small...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The new forum format display poorly on my Windows mobile 5 phone. Most text is arranged in a vertical fashion.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Awsum,

Do you use AOL? I get that big space when I'm using AOL but when I use Internet Explorer everything looks fine. Try that. I think AOL is not real compatable with the new GT Forum setup.

Chip

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I am having the same spacing as in Chips picture regardless of AOL or IE........

Gino

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It appears that it's a bug with Internet Explorer. AOL's web browser runs as a variant of the Microsoft browser architecture.
In the mean time, there is a simple fix for IE 8 users that eliminates the problem.

1. While in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click on Compatibility View Settings.

2. Uncheck Display all Websites in Compatibility View, then click the Close button.

If you have IE 7, the code has been updated in way that should fix the problem.