Ford GT National Rally II! Details/Registration

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
Larry.... careful son.... we don't want to have to send you scuba diving without a tank:lol :rofl :lol you don't want to swim with the fishes:lol :eek , be fitted with cement gucci loafers??:ack :lol :ack

Thank you Bony - for reminding Empty which team he's on.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thank you Bony - for reminding Empty which team he's on.

Ah-Hummmmm. Uh, arn't "team members" usually paid to be on a team, Bruce??? :skep

You'll find my "salary" requirements very modest considering what could be demanded under the circumstances...:devil

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Clinton,
AtomicGT suggested Santa Barbara at the Fess Parker Double Tree. Leaving at 9:30 would give us plenty of time for a nice cruize along the coast and an early start on Wednesday will allow us to hook up with the GT's from that point and south. Canibl may have company from Italy and isn't sure if he can leave early. I haven't heard from Ed yet. I don't know if he can leave Tuesday.
Tom

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
Did you pick up the Tungsten in AZ and drive it back?

Yep! What a rush. When I first drove it I was not overly impressed with the power ... but I wrote it off. Later I realized it was down on power due to the AZ heat!

We should hook up sometime I am right behind CSM.

I am a stone's throw from you, on skyline. I usually gas up at the Hillsdale 76 (or whatever it is). On my way back and forth to Sears for tools. :)

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I think that's the best idea. If you guys end up getting on the 405 at 3pm having to go through all of metro L.A, you'll get to the hotel 4 hours later, tired, pissed off, and grumpy.

OK DBK.... Spill the beans, who are the special guests Friday at the Pertersen Museum? Will Caroll be there? What is the car count to date?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Yep! What a rush. When I first drove it I was not overly impressed with the power ... but I wrote it off. Later I realized it was down on power due to the AZ heat!

I am a stone's throw from you, on skyline. I usually gas up at the Hillsdale 76 (or whatever it is). On my way back and forth to Sears for tools. :)

Mousecatcher,
I'm close by too. Just had my GT GTX-1 ized. I'll keep an eye out for you. Can't make it to the Rally? You're missing a great event.
Tom

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK do we have any more specific times for the events? Trying to plan other things going on.

thanks

Rich,
Wednesday night registration and cocktail party: 6pm - whenever
Thursday at Saleen and El Toro: Starts ~10AM - (Saleen will have me an endtime tomorrow)
Friday Road Rally and Petersen Event: Leave when you want (highly recommended at 10AM or earlier) - Petersen event ends at 10 PM
Saturday: Cars and Coffee 7AM-9AM, Saleen Retail facility directly after (if you want a chance to win the table!), Yacht cruise 6PM-10PM

I'm working to get a time for everyone to go check out Stillen's shop and when to shuffle in our tech Q & A with the SVT guys. We will probably do the Q & A Saturday afternoon.

THE1GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 14, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
DBK:

Thanks for all your hard work in putting together the rally. Two quick questions.

1. Is it too late to sign up?
2. We can probably only make the Thursday and Friday events. Does that work?

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
kind of quiet...

Any of you Nor Cal boys closer to a route/itinerary decision? No pressure, just wondering.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Any of you Nor Cal boys closer to a route/itinerary decision? No pressure, just wondering.

I am considering your advice to shoot down the 99 to 5 and get there early. I don't want to get caught up in a traffic jam. Maybe another Fresno GT or 2 will do the same?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
There are a few driving from Fresno but it seems departure times are routes are not set yet. I know Bony is going through Phoenix (not the short route) I will not be driving due to a few problems but will have my car trucked there along with one other from Fresno. There are 2 others that I know of driving from here. I will try and find out what time and date they are leaving Fresno.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Piana and I are planning to leave one day early via CA 1 and stay the night in Santa Barbara and hook up with some others in Malibu. We have been trying to reach Ed Sims to see what his schedule is like.

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Black Ice,

Check with bony or Aswum GT, they are Fresno Boys and may offer a caravan

:thumbsup

opps, bony is taking the long way through Phoenix, guess he needed a little hotter tempurature to feel normal?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
There are a few driving from Fresno but it seems departure times are routes are not set yet. I know Bony is going through Phoenix (not the short route) I will not be driving due to a few problems but will have my car trucked there along with one other from Fresno. There are 2 others that I know of driving from here. I will try and find out what time and date they are leaving Fresno.

As far as I know, KIT & Love CHP are driving down from Fresno. I am going to try to caravan with them. I will be in touch with KIT on Monday.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
In the process of calling just about every transporter out there to have Awsum and my cars transported to the Rally, I heard that at least one other Fresno-area GT is also being transported there....

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
DBK - thanks for the itinerary update....

Dave..just returned from a trip to Pennsylvania with my new trailer...competed 700 miles loaded and unloaded.
We leave Wednesday July 25th for Scottsdale and plan to arrive on Saturday July 28... We will see you in Newport Beach on August 1st...or are you coming to Scottsdale too?
Thanks for the Itinerary update...it will be another great 4 days..!!
andy
AJB Blue/White 2006 #0541

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California

Bruce,
If BlackICE and I are in Santa Barbara the morning of Aug 1, where can we meet you and when? We'll probably arrive there Tues. early evening. What are the plans south of us? We're ready to have some fun! We're trying to reach Ed Simms with no luck. Canibl is picking up his girlfriend at an airport somewhere down your way on Aug1. So I'm not sure what to expect there. The Norcal boys need to get it together!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
My Brother Woboose!

See what you did!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290281,00.html

Tammy Fay died today,,,,,,,,,, :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Tammy Fay died today,,,,,,,,,, :frown

'Wouldn't wish going out that way on anybody. 'Really sad to see.

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
registration

This is a long shot...my wife and I have unexpectedly freed up some holiday time, is there any hope in registering for the rally at this late date (maybe someone has cancelled)?