Ford GT National Rally 9 *REGISTRATION* Who's in?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Now here's another. Can I leave the GT in the secure hotel parking area and still take the trip out to the track with the pack ? I mean, the boss will collect me from the hotel, and probably even bring me back :)

Not sure I understand. If you leave the GT in the hotel parking lot, how would you get to the track?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Not sure I understand. If you leave the GT in the hotel parking lot, how would you get to the track?

Are people not doing the round trip from the hotel to the track or do we leave them at the track? I guess I was just looking for the caravan to the track. Also figuring that driving after the evening at the hotel (whatever that might be) would be ill-advised.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Are people not doing the round trip from the hotel to the track or do we leave them at the track? I guess I was just looking for the caravan to the track. Also figuring that driving after the evening at the hotel (whatever that might be) would be ill-advised.
I’m trying to figure this out.
The track event is 1 day.So people will be driving round trip.Not leaving there cars at the track.
I am sure there will be a caravan to the track if you do not want to take your car.yYou could leave it at the hotel or home(since you live 5 min away) and bum a ride.Personally I would just take the GT and enjoy the drive with your fellow GT owners .

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
...driving after the evening at the hotel (whatever that might be) would be ill-advised.

Possibly. Especially while we are doing donuts on LV Blvd.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I’m trying to figure this out.
The track event is 1 day.So people will be driving round trip.Not leaving there cars at the track.
I am sure there will be a caravan to the track if you do not want to take your car.yYou could leave it at the hotel or home(since you live 5 min away) and bum a ride.Personally I would just take the GT and enjoy the drive with your fellow GT owners .

I'm a rally newbie. I'm definitely taking the car to the track. I was under the impression there were multiple track days. Is there a schedule or agenda yet. Maybe I wouldn't have so many questions. Even a day by day would help. I don't need an hourly just daily with major events

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tony,
No worries we have all been newbies at some point! After you experience your first rally, you will kick yourself for not coming to previous ones!Sit tight and as we get close everything will become apparent A schedule will get posted as we get closer. There may be an optional 2nd day. We are here to help and support our fellow GT brethren !
Go read up on past rallies to get psyched up!
Holly smokes you may even like Dr.Frank!
My best regards,Ron
AKA Roketman

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I asked some of the AZ experts to put some stuff together. There are some pretty sweet rides if you're willing to make it a bit longer trip.

What kind of distance are you looking for? We've done the trip down to Laughlin/Lake Havasu (London Bridge). Lots of cool restaurants and great views of the river/bridge.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What kind of distance are you looking for? We've done the trip down to Laughlin/Lake Havasu (London Bridge). Lots of cool restaurants and great views of the river/bridge.
Tony,
I will be coming out to the rally 2 or 3 days early .I would sign up for that trip pre rally!We normally get a bunch of people to do a pre and post rally trips

mrscape

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2011
san diego
I signed up and booked The HOTEL. Its my 1st rally and I'm a "rally newbie". I'm driving my GT from San Diego, but I've never driven it on track before. I would like to take a few laps, but my GT is stock. Do I need to purchase any safely equipment and or helmet? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Mark

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I signed up and booked The HOTEL. Its my 1st rally and I'm a "rally newbie". I'm driving my GT from San Diego, but I've never driven it on track before. I would like to take a few laps, but my GT is stock. Do I need to purchase any safely equipment and or helmet? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Mark

You will need a helmet if you are on the track for real. Parade laps usually don't need them.

It's another question for the organizers: Will the track have helmet rentals available? If not people need to start buying one. I got an Arai helmet. The fit a little lower so you get more headroom. Even then mine is almost too tall but I can lay the seat back into F1 position :).

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tony,
I will be coming out to the rally 2 or 3 days early .I would sign up for that trip pre rally!We normally get a bunch of people to do a pre and post rally trips

Absolutely!!!! Sounds like a hoot! I can probably convince the boss to come along on those drives.

The map shows that trip from Vegas to Havasu as about 180 miles, so it's a day trip. Another route would be to from Havasu to Kingman and back to Vegas on 93 but it's kind of a straight boring drive.

Someone suggested a few drives up north in the little stretch between Mesquite and St. George.

A trip to Valley of Fire is already probably on the agenda :)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tickets bought - Will make it to pre-rally and walk straight on to plane after final party in Vegas :biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tickets bought - Will make it to pre-rally and walk straight on to plane after final party in Vegas :biggrin
Why would you not post rally with us???
Scared that you might have to much fun???

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Why would you not post rally with us???
Scared that you might have to much fun???

I KNOW it would be a lot of fun .... but unfortunately I have to hurry home as my office is hosting the Stanton Chase International Global Partners Meeting in the following week in Copenhagen - but that´s fun too - just without the cars :wink

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok your off the hook!That means we have to get together pre rally!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I have to hurry home as my office is hosting the Stanton Chase International Global Partners Meeting in the following week in Copenhagen - but that´s fun too - just without the cars :wink
That does sound like fun! :biggrin

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
OK, so what's the trick here? I got a nice reminder message that I've not registered yet, but when I try to register and click 'add to cart' but nothing happens and there's no checkout box? Please clarify for us simple Texans!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
OK, so what's the trick here? I got a nice reminder message that I've not registered yet, but when I try to register and click 'add to cart' but nothing happens and there's no checkout box? Please clarify for us simple Texans!

It might be your browser filtering out active-x, scripts or something else. Try another browser.

Hgs911

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2012
Philadelphia Pa
Does any one from north east want to see if we can get a reasonable rate to ship our cars to vegas

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in. I'm planning to bring the red Camillo/Heffner GT that was auctioned at the last 'Vegas rally!