Ford GT National Rally 9 *REGISTRATION* Who's in?

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Thanks for the email reminder ! Great Venue ! Registered +booked the trip and hotel ! Looking forward to see you all - Alex & Mimo

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Viva Las Vegas!!! We are in... can't wait!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Last rally in Vegas I won $8k playing blackjack. Funded the whole trip and the neon signs I bought at the auction.

Dave, do you have a daily schedule? I get back from Europe 2 days before R9. I think I'm going to pull a "Aggie 427" and fly out for the social events Fri. night and Sat. night. If there's a rally Sat. I will try to mooch a ride with someone or drive a rental tool.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Last rally in Vegas I won $8k playing blackjack. Funded the whole trip and the neon signs I bought at the auction.

On the average, craps will do better than blackhack :) One night would usually pay for our trip. Didn't do so good in March, did great in September. Still ahead overall. There is a strategy (of course, there are a thousand) but this one has worked for me since we went to the "class" at the Monte Carlo almost 20 years ago. Bottom line, do the first roll, then do three come bets and stay pat. Don't do the goofy crap like boxes etc.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
On the average, craps will do better than blackhack :) One night would usually pay for our trip. Didn't do so good in March, did great in September. Still ahead overall. There is a strategy (of course, there are a thousand) but this one has worked for me since we went to the "class" at the Monte Carlo almost 20 years ago. Bottom line, do the first roll, then do three come bets and stay pat. Don't do the goofy crap like boxes etc.

Yup....craps can be a fast ride up or down. You play blackjack right and steadily gain or bleed to death slowly. I actually like the action of craps better. Stay away from the gimmick and field bets.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yup....craps can be a fast ride up or down. You play blackjack right and steadily gain or bleed to death slowly. I actually like the action of craps better. Stay away from the gimmick and field bets.

Overall I don't go to win (or lose) but to be entertained. I can milk a 5c poker machine for a couple of hours on $20. Usually leave even and get a 2 or 3 beers for a $1 tip.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Any update on who’s going?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Any update on who’s going?

Ron...see post #1.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Ron...see post #1.[/QUOTE
Hey Gary are you shipping your car or pulling you trailer out again?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ron...see post #1.[/QUOTE
Hey Gary are you shipping your car or pulling you trailer out again?

Gary, We will pull the trailer to wherever we find pre-rally festivities. :biggrin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I have a beach cabana reserved on Tuesday if anyone wants to stop by or hang out.

We did that at the last Vegas Rally & Bony sat in the middle smoking cigars & drinking Marker's Mark manhattans the whole day. For a while he had wet towel on his head to cool down - he looked like a sheik & we were his entourage (harem?). That was a fun day.

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'd love to hear you tell that story under a beach cabana. Where is the beach?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'd love to hear you tell that story under a beach cabana. Where is the beach?

Right outside the hotel. There all pools, a wave pool, moving water ways, sand, etc. It's a big fun party at the beach but you are on the Strip!

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Gary -

"THEhotel" is part of the Mandalay Bay resort complex -

http://www.mandalaybay.com/beach/

http://www.mandalaybay.com/accommodations/thehotel/

All facilities of Mandalay are available to THEhotel guests

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mand...+Las+Vegas+Blvd,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89119&t=h&z=18

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I hope you guys will be keeping your shirts on in public.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have a beach cabana reserved on Tuesday if anyone wants to stop by or hang out.

We did that at the last Vegas Rally & Bony sat in the middle smoking cigars & drinking Marker's Mark manhattans the whole day. For a while he had wet towel on his head to cool down - he looked like a sheik & we were his entourage (harem?). That was a fun day.

Ed

'Any photos of that episode, Ed, or were they destroyed to protect the guilty - I mean, were they............never mind.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gary -

"THEhotel" is part of the Mandalay Bay resort complex -

http://www.mandalaybay.com/beach/

http://www.mandalaybay.com/accommodations/thehotel/

All facilities of Mandalay are available to THEhotel guests

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mand...+Las+Vegas+Blvd,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89119&t=h&z=18

Will that arrangement persist after THEhotel changes ownership?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh yeah, Cobrar and I spent an entire afternoon at the bar at the "beach" at rally 3....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh yeah, Cobrar and I spent an entire afternoon at the bar at the "beach" at rally 3....

I was there for a while...

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sue and I are in as we just Registered and booked a room. Come on October.