Ford GT 200MPH Speed Day with Vids and Ridiculous amounts of Photos

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:bored is he putting up more pics

That wheelie happened during the regular mile. He got his hand slapped followed by a BIG announcement that we had seen the last wheelie that would not be followed by an ejection. :lol

Attachments

• _MG_4025.jpg
    _MG_4025.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 195
  • _MG_4020.jpg
    _MG_4020.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 196
  • _MG_4022.jpg
    _MG_4022.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 195
  • _MG_4027.jpg
    _MG_4027.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 195
  • _MG_4026.jpg
    _MG_4026.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 197

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
:wink

Attachments

• _MG_3992.jpg
    _MG_3992.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 191
  • _MG_3989.jpg
    _MG_3989.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 193
  • _MG_3979.jpg
    _MG_3979.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 189
  • _MG_3980.jpg
    _MG_3980.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 190
  • _MG_3987.jpg
    _MG_3987.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 189

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
I have the whole wheelie on a vid, but it is upside down. I wish he would have told me before he did it and I would have stayed with him. Anyway, I got a program to fix that upside down thing in theory. If I work it out I will post it.

Attachments

• _MG_3975.jpg
    _MG_3975.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 188
  • _MG_3973.jpg
    _MG_3973.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 189
  • _MG_3974.jpg
    _MG_3974.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 191
  • _MG_3978.jpg
    _MG_3978.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 186
  • _MG_3977.jpg
    _MG_3977.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 187

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So who had the record LOW SPEED run at the Mojave GT event? (rhetorical question I think, may be when my open door light came on and front hood lifted up at 160 and I slowed to keep it just a few inches up- 93 I believe through the traps).

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Barry the results link is at the bottom of the first long post/group of pics. Click on that and it will show you every run made all day long by every driver. The slowest GT run was a 74.7mph.....and I don't know why. :shrug Driver was non-Forum member and later on posted a 213 plus. He had a Whipple car.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow Tom, great write up and pics. That shutter bug wife of yours got a lot of great shots. :lol
Great event! Great People! :club
Thanks again to everyone, especially Tom, Summer, and the MKM crew!:cheers

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi Tom

Thank you for posting, sorting and organizing all the data. It must have taken almost as much as it took for you to make this great event a reality! All participants owe you big!! I think when we do the next private event, the participants should do a group dinner the night before in your & Summer's honor!!

Speaking of the next private event, u just have to let me know when, and my deposit check will be on it's way!

Barry, my man!!!! Props have to go to you for doing 17 runs!!! I thought I was the one who couldn't or didn't know when to stop!!!! You and I have got to be there next time to touch that 200mph!!! Being a non-technical person, I don't know if it would make any difference for my outcome (no excuses here, but just wondering...), after the event, I realized that the track-tune I was running was for 91octane gas, but I was running 100 octane gas...... I wonder if I ran 91 octane gas with that tune, or run a 100 octane tune to match with the gas I had in the tank would it have gotten me the 1.3mph I needed to reach my goal?

No worries, as soon as it is confirmed that the next 1.3 mile private event is on, I'm upping the pulley& tune to "something" to make sure next time I'll join all u speed-demons, instead of my current 200mph-minus-1.3mph status, hahahaha. Too bad the install of a Whipple or TT could not be done on-site because I would love to give it one more crack at 200 with the pulley&tune, running the matching tune with the proper fuel... However, that's ok, why prolong my "itch"!! Up the power and be done!!!!! Yes, next event!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
GTED with a Whipple and 1.3 miles you can do 200+ easy and it is CARB approved!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Hey Ed, running the right tune to the right gas would definitely help. We (and by we I mean a bunch of us at dinner Saturday night) thought hard on your "issues". IF I remember correctly one of your best runs came after lunch. I like to drive alot of runs too (obviously) and I know that affects my times against the guys running higher than me. If I do not nail the run early or right after a lunch break I am not going to get it unless I drive less.

First put the right gas with the right tune, but if after 3 runs you don't hit the mark, we are going to sit you down for 45 minutes before we unleash the beast that is Ed on the runway again. Your friends were looking out for you and it pained us that you did not make it.....this time. Because you will definitely make it next time. :thumbsup :cheers

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Tom

I know u guys are pulling for me. I could feel it and that is one of many reasons I just love doing the event!! No pain dude because even though I was ever so slightly short of 200, I had a heck of a good time trying at each run. Yes, buddy, 200mph is mine the next event!! Can't wait.

Yes, Clinton, a lot could be said about CARB..., either way, Whipple or TT I'm getting more some more umph for the next private Party!

Ed

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Tom

I know u guys are pulling for me. I could feel it and that is one of many reasons I just love doing the event!! No pain dude because even though I was ever so slightly short of 200, I had a heck of a good time trying at each run. Yes, buddy, 200mph is mine the next event!! Can't wait.

Yes, Clinton, a lot could be said about CARB..., either way, Whipple or TT I'm getting more some more umph for the next private Party!

Ed

Ed

If you have the right "friends" or address a TT will get you into the elite 220+ club. I already don't like the hassles of smog test, so for me CARB approved is the only way to go.

One thing I like about a Prius, is they don't need a smog test. :lol

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Tom

Ed

Ed

Ed, fantastic, sure wish you got it this time but I love your spirit! I have no doubt it is yours next time!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Thx, Terry! It was great that u were cheering for me (i really appreciate it, buddy) and sharing your " secret sauce"!! Next time, right off the bet, the front will be taped up (with any luck, I'll have matching color tape!) and wipers removed ;). Thx for helping on the tape job!!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
GTED, the third time's the charm!

It took me three events to get past 200, one TX mile, and two Mojave miles. You will surely do it the next time out. I have to give you an A+ for effort!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
GTED, the third time's the charm!

It took me three events to get past 200, one TX mile, and two Mojave miles. You will surely do it the next time out. I have to give you an A+ for effort!

+1.
It took three for me too.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for the encouragement of my perserverance (or sympathy for "doesn't he know any better!) I had a great time, and I can personally run faster than the difference that my car ran below 200. Still a new high speed record for me (other than Mach 2, but that wasn't on the ground). Next time, yes sign me up please, my Ford tune will be gone, my speed limiter will be gone (if my speedometer error was linear it would have been easily reading ten over at my indicated 204), and I'll be going for the most OVER 200 runs!
Barry
And I got home with a minimum of the white stuff.
snowhome.JPG

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thx, Terry! It was great that u were cheering for me (i really appreciate it, buddy) and sharing your " secret sauce"!! Next time, right off the bet, the front will be taped up (with any luck, I'll have matching color tape!) and wipers removed ;). Thx for helping on the tape job!!

Ed

Ed - next time take off your mirrors & think about skipping breakfast!

Special Ed

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Ed - next time take off your mirrors & think about skipping breakfast!

Special Ed

air tires up to 45+ lbs.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Not just skipping breakfast...., I've purchased a package deal for lipo-suction...... ;)

I upped the psi to 40, i'll do 45psi next time.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great vids, pics, looked like a lot of fun :)