Ford Carlisle Event Gt Style!!!!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
FORD GTs at Carlisle

GT JOEY - you're the MAN, my friend! What a GREAT show! One-off GTs, race-car GTs, the GT Guys at work, right there on site....it was a wonderful event!

IMG_3379_Large_.JPG

Great to see some of my "old" GT friends, and meet some new ones. Very well done, my friend! I'll definately plan to be back next year!

IMG_3286_Large_.JPG

(there are a few more images in my Gallery: Carlsile 2009)

regards,

Jeff

Last edited:

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Roket-

No doubt... I watched it first hand... wait until you see some of the better pics that come out later. :)

Lance

Mike's GT

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2008
Toms River NJ
hi Guys , Back from Carlisle, It was a pleasure meeting Camillo, GT Joey, Pete Stu, and so many others, and talking with Lance again, nice to put faces to the screenames on the forum, sending a few of the pictures. Thats Lance's car being worked on by the GT Guys.
enjoy !!,
Mike
Pete, thanks for introducing me to lots of the guys,
hope you finally got your car out!!!!

Attachments

• Carlisle Ford Nationals09 002.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 002.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Carlisle Ford Nationals09 003.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 003.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Carlisle Ford Nationals09 007.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 007.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Carlisle Ford Nationals09 008.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 008.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Carlisle Ford Nationals09 009.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 009.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 236

Mike's GT

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2008
Toms River NJ
Sending a few more pics, Thanks for the corner spot Joey !!!
MIke

Attachments

• Carlisle Ford Nationals09 001.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 001.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Carlisle Ford Nationals09 005.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 005.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 257
  • Carlisle Ford Nationals09 006.jpg
    Carlisle Ford Nationals09 006.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 227

Jazz76

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 9, 2006
Harleysville, PA
GT Joey
Thanks for the hospitality a great event, will plan ahead to be there next year. I had to skip out early as I found a mint 1965 mustang which I bought on the spot. Identical to my very first car in 1976, Black with red interior. Which I totaled by taking out a traffic signal at Main and Broad in my hometown. This was a must have. I had the owner follow me home 140 miles away so we left around 4:30 Saturday

Hubert

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Congrats on your new purchase Hubert!!! That's great!

Lance

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
WOW!!! Just got home, after the Carlisle trip. Everyone involved should be very proud of this top notch event.

Thanks Joey and everyone involved, see you at Joey's house!!!

John

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Having one of the shorter rides home, it was an easy Sunday tow back home. I made certain everyone save the Quick Silver got out of the parking lot and we finally got Lance's ride off the lift. It is always great learning from other FGT owners, and having a bit of food and drinks with them. Meeting DBK and Camillo, hanging around the "real Ford GT Race car" and their representatives Pete and Glen, watching GT JOEY doing his endless interviews and walk arounds, trying to chip in a bit with the GT Guys Rich and Denis (they allowed me to swap 3 Accufab inlet tube stiffeners out while they did the real work), trying to spend a bit of time with all the 35 or so owners on hand, and trying to honestly answer the questions of onlookers positively promoting these fine cars. Many other highlights, to be addressed in the future.

Thanks to GT Joey, Lance, Rich, Jim, Stu, Doug, Gino the Carlisle staff including the night security, for providing this venue.

Pete S.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
GTJoey....Looks like you produced a great event. Hopefully 1 of these years i will be able to get away from work to join you all enjoying these fine autos.

Supercharged

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2008
Upstate NY
GT JOEY - you're the MAN, my friend! :banana

Lance - You have a great place and What a GREAT show! :thumbsup

GT JOEY'S Gang - thanks for bringing out the CP and Sonic Blue GT's :willy

Peter - thanks for displaying the ALM's GT2 Ford GT :driving:

Rich and Dennis- the GT Guys at work, ....it was a wonderful watching a couple of real professionals! (Thanks for looking at my car, see you in Aug at Joey's Barn) :slap

Chris, Camillo, and Ron - The stories at Ford was real educational and kept us on the edge of our seat. Thanks! :pop

For you guy's that could not make it, YOU MISSED A GREAT SHOW/REUNION :party well your lost! :ack

THANKS TO YOU ALL AGAIN THANKS

Super Charged and GT Girl

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
GTJoey - fantastic event - as always no detail is overlooked and everyone has a great time. Thanks to you and Doug for saving me a spot in the garage.

Rich and Dennis - thank you for squeezing me in to your very busy schedule - the GT community is fortunate to have people as talented as you available to work on our cars.

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Thanks GT JOEY!!! The event was so much fun and great to meet the owners of THE best SUPERCAR ever built. It was especiallly great to see SONIC BLUE again (my car someday). I had a Excellent time talking to each owner about the Saleen assembly team and the history. I will definitly be there next year also.

Ron Renaud
Saleen FORD GT Assembly Supervisor / Manager

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Joey my friend. You did a fantastic job organizing this event. The time and effort you must have put in arranging showed and was appreciated and enjoyed by all including the FGT community.

To organize an event and bring some of the key people involved in the FGT development was awesome such as Camillo Pardo, Chris Theodore, Ron Renaud from Saleen. Wow. :eek:thumbsup. Plus to get all those FGTs in one place at one time!!! and at the same time coordinate with the GT Guys!

Thanks for dinner. Its not every day you get to eat dinner with Camilo Pardo and Chris Theodore!. Thanks bubby!!!!:banana

Finally thanks for my induction to the official "FGT Pussy Association". I am proud of my membership and would in fact like to nominate myself for 1st President of the Association. :biggrin:cheers

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Well done GTJoey!

Joey- Thanks for a very well done event. I cannot wait to see the final product of your filming and interviews. Great to finally meet so many of the GT community. Lance, you are a brave man....new GT owner and all those Dyno runs. I wish I could have recorded the sound for a cell phone ring tone! Kevin O.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Carlisle

Wow, what another great GT event. We didn't get home until 11pm last night and now it is back to work. Thanks to Joey for setting this up and special Thanks to Lance for allowing us to do a little work at the event. We are already looking forward to next years event as it sounds like it will be a little bigger. It was nice to actually have some time to chat with everyone that came by, old friends and new. It was really nice having a car in the show too, and thanks for all of the comments on my new ride. Since we worked this weekend I will be taking next weekend off for a roadtrip with the wife and the new (to me) car.

Look for some youtube videos soon.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for sharing all the pictures/info and congratulations to gtjoey and everyone who created and made this such a special event :cheers

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
Congratulations!

GT Joey,
That was an amazing event. I can't wait to see more pictures and some of the videos.

What were some of the outstanding moments in your view.
I bet it went by too quickly to have nejoyed it to the degree of time you spent putting things together.

Did Chris Theodore enjoy it!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
It was an fantastic event and it was great to see familiar and new faces. Special thanks to the man, the myth, the legend GT Joey for aranging everything...outstanding. Great to see so many GT owners in one place...what did we get to 35 or 36 GT's. Great seeing our forum leader DBK and Camilo who hauled their way from Detroit. Jeff all the way from Seattle(sans car for a change). Too may people to thank for attending and making it the great experience it was. Will post pics when I get them onto my computer.

Stu

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Here's another...

Cick me! Peter - thanks for attending the event, it was a true pleasure getting to know you and many other forum members. Life is good!

Lance

PS here's another one too... click me.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Outstanding moments

I received 2 very special E-mails today from Christopher Csensits 's parents.

It was a pleasure to meet you and Chris and you are always welcome at our GT events "FRIENDS FOR LIFE" :thumbsup
AGAIN ............
"THANKS TO ALL THAT MADE Christopher Csensits VISIT SO SPECIAL"

From Paul Csensits/
Subject Saturday

Joe,
You have no idea how much Chris enjoyed everything you did for him.As soon as we left Carlisle he was on the phone to everyone he knowto tell them all about the day. I heard the story so many times on theway home! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Chris kept sayingSaturday was the best day of his life!!
Thank you again!

FromMichelle
Subject my son

Good morning - Paul brought Christopher home yesterday evening and I can't tell you howexcited he was to tell me everything about the car show and everything youdid for him. I can't say "Thank You" enough for making the car show a great experiencefor him. I know you make an extra effort and I appreciate it more than Ican express. I can't believe he is going to be 21 on Thursday. It seems like justyesterday that he was my baby. I don't know how much you know about him (Paul doesn't tell people much)but Christopher has many mental disabilities (autism, OCD, ADHD, Bi-PolarDisorder, Tourette's Syndrome and some other less known). In addition, hehas a neurological disease (mitochondrial encephelomyopathy). This diseaseis progressive and attacks all the muscles of the body (ie, heart, lungs,bowels, kidneys, etc). It has also done quite a bit of damage already tohis legs and back (you probably didn't see him walk, but it is verydifficult for him and quite painful). He is such a trooper though andtakes it all in stride. Rich and I protect him as much as we can and have problably spoiled himvery much, I just hate to see him hurting. Anyway, thank you soooo much for making his day brighter. With sincere thanks -

Michelle

Thank you Chris...................You're a wonderful young man.

Your friend gtjoey 1314