Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Hey Ed... Just move to M_______!
andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hey Ed... Just move to M_______! ... (ajb)

Let me rephrase: I wish Milliken Ford was closer to me.

Ed

Reactions: otis and canibl

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Well, filling up a boat or jet ain’t cheap either.

Hope hyper-cars dont eve qualify for “two happiest days in owners life” or “if it flies, floats, ..., “ jokes

More reason to use that oil with miles!

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
After the 600 mile change, when is the next change due? Miles or time

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
After the 600 mile change, when is the next change due? Miles or time

It depends on how you drive the car.. Lots of track time Ford recommends @ 2500 miles. For normal service 5000 miles. I did my 2nd change at 3600 miles.. Has anyone bought this oil ??

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
From the phony web site from the original post? No way. Picked up 4 gallons and filter yesterday at the dealer (after they ordered it).

Has anyone bought this oil ??

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Well seems I'm at the front of the line for highest priced 600 mi oil change. Second attempt was done last week at my servicing dealer who picked it up and brought it back in their trailer (RT 152 mi). Invoice lists 4 units HG7Z*19M544*A engine oil at $246.85/4L = $987.40. 1 HG7Z*6731*A Filter Asy = $98.35 and labor of $175 for a total price of $1355.19.

My story started with the first attempt at my 600 mi oil change a couple of weeks ago. I contacted my servicing dealer about performing the oil change. At the time I setup the service I specially said to make sure they had the correct parts and oil before they came and got my car. They came picked up the car in their trailer, changed the oil and brought it back to me. Upon receiving the invoice I noticed that there was no Ford part number for the oil. Only stated 14 units of Edge 5-50 oil at $32.15 /unit for a total of $450.10 for the oil. It did have the correct Ford oil filter # shown and the same cost and labor cost as listed above. Total cost for this oil change was $791.71. No charge for the pickup and delivery on the initial 600 mi oil change.

I contacted the dealership and asked for confirmation that the correct Ford recommended motor oil, Castrol Edge Supercar 5W50 as stated in the owners manual was used. After discussions amongst the dealership staff they got back to me and said they couldn't verify that the Ford specified Castrol Edge Supercar oil was used. They did agree to secure the correct Ford recommended Castrol Edge Supercar 5W50 oil and would re-do the oil change. I had to wait a week before they could secure the correct oil.

Lesson I've learned from this is to not assume people know anything about the NFGT even if they have been listed as a servicing dealership and have sent people to Multimatic/Ford for training. Too many other people within the dealership that are part of your servicing process have no clue about the car. I would have thought the service technician would have looked at the oil and said - "Wait this isn't the right stuff".

I will be inquiring about did they put all 4 4L jugs of oil in (hopefully not) and if not where is my leftover extra oil?

Good thing I got my lifts installed so I can do oil changes myself!

Reactions: dbk

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
WOW Gary, that's not a great experience.

Has anyone bought oil recently? Has the price gone up (yes I understand the above price is retail vs "jobber")?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm at 600 miles and also cruise control won't set. Was going to send to dealer to check out Cruise and do oil change. Guess I'll ask for price as I do have access to a lift and use it for oil changes on 05.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Hi everyone, yes the price has just went up as of April 1st. It is the oil that went up considerably. We are at about $950 for an oil change with the new price increase.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gary, you should have a jug with a little over 3L left after the oil change! Mine was given me when the GT was returned. We cannot assume everyone in a dealership including the Parts dpt. are on the same page with these New GT’s. Always go behind and have a direct relationship with the mechanic whose working on your GT!!! VERY IMPORTANT!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I don't have a dog in this fight, but a quick google finds many sources of HG7Z*19M544*A for $125-$135. Many of the sources are Ford dealers (e.g., Tasca Ford). So...Ford dealers selling the oil online are able to make a profit at $125-$135, but a servicing dealer needs to make an extra $120-$130/gallon? And then have the nerve to charge you for more oil than the car needs, because the oil comes in gallon containers and there are 3 quarts left over? Do you have to apply and be approved to spend $60/qt for oil?

EDIT: Tasca Ford sells the oil filter for $32 (list price $61).

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also using "the google" list price is listed at $197

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Our dealer here in houston wanted 900 and change just for the oil and the filter, no labor. (not that I would ever let them touch my car) I think ford has recently increased the price of the oil but I still think the dealer is in line with what Xcentric said 250% mark up. I told them no thanks.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The hilarious thing about all this is that the owners manual states that if the super-expensive Edge GT isn’t available, then go ahead and use regular Motorcraft 5-50 ( page 207)

Reactions: Ed Sims

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
It's just Castrol Edge supercar 5w50 correct?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castrol-ED...mance-Engine-Oil-5W-50-8-Litres-/142392366147

Looks like $156 for 8 quarts, and shipping is about $80

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I’m no oil expert, but the price of this oil is bull****. Has anyone been able to determine exactly what is so special about the formulation of this oil?

Reactions: GTMD

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I’m no oil expert, but the price of this oil is bull****. Has anyone been able to determine exactly what is so special about the formulation of this oil?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I know we should try to stick with what the manual recommends but that seems excessive--almost as bad as some pharmaceuticals companies.

I also saw the better prices on eBay. Maybe that's an option!

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Hi everyone, yes the price has just went up as of April 1st. It is the oil that went up considerably. We are at about $950 for an oil change with the new price increase. You probable top off any fluids necessary also and check tire pressures!
That is not unreasonable for the whole service, oil change, filter and labor plus a little profit for the dealer!