For you guys doing your own oil change at 600 miles/1000 km

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thats a good part number, I picked up 3 today. Do note, these have to be sold from a GT servicing dealer. Not just any dealer can get them, hence why the part number might not be found in the broad line ford catalog.

Could someone please help with the Ford part number for the oil filter? The manual says HG7Z-6731-A but the Tasca site is saying thats an obsolete part number. Other sites show that as a 2017-2019 part.

Reactions: BtwoG and Stef

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
It's just Castrol Edge supercar 5w50 correct?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castrol-ED...mance-Engine-Oil-5W-50-8-Litres-/142392366147

Looks like $156 for 8 quarts, and shipping is about $80
That's the only place I found to get it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Any GT servicing dealer can get it. And may be cheaper, especially factoring in the shipping? This oil change, Im switching to Motorcraft (it's in in the owners manual as an approved substitute, if you did not know)

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
That's the only place I found to get it.
I bought from these guys a few weeks ago. Package came in 3-4 days. Shipping from an authorized dealer was $60 and from the UK only $80. It was also much cheaper than from an authorized dealer. I ordered 3 bottles and probably saved $100+.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Our dealer here in Houston wanted 900 and change just for the oil and the filter, no labor. (not that I would ever let them touch my car) I think ford has recently increased the price of the oil but I still think the dealer is in line with what Xcentric said 250% mark up. I told them no thanks.
I took my NFGT to my selling dealer (Dave Sinclair Ford in St Louis) with 800 miles for an oil change and an alignment issue observed by the steering wheel not being centered when going straight. Need some shims to fix . Still waiting for those. Apparently, as a goodwill gesture from Ford, they did the first service for free.

Reactions: italianjoe and GTMD

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I am not scientist and I am sure I may take a beating with what I am about to say. I will not name the very large oil company that I took a private tour of from the owner's son, but here it goes: My jaw dropped when I actually witnessed this event. I don't remember the exact weight of the oil but it was a synthetic blend. Pallets and pallets of empty quarts of every named brand you can think of stacked high throughout the facility. Quarts of a very prominent brand were being filled from a very large vat of oil whizzing by as fast as beer bottles at the Anheuser Busch brewery. When they finished filling that particular brand, I heard a voice on the radio of nearby worker that said "We need gallons of Super Tech". Yes its true. Walmart brand is just as good as that much more expensive brand that many of you (and I used to be) are so loyal to. It is just as good because ITS THE SAME EXACT OIL. As was all the other oil brands that were being filled from the same exact source with no additional additives. I know most of you will think I am an Area 51 conspiracy theorist but what I say is true. Buy the cheapest oil you can in the weight you need because you are only paying for slick advertising and packaging when you buy the expensive ones. I am talking about the most popular oil brands and perhaps some of the "bougie" blends may or may not have some additional zinc or whatever I don't know. I bought a new Yamaha side by side last year and it called for exclusive use of Yamalube for the 20 hour service and beyond. I put Super Tech in that sucker and have no problem doing so.

Reactions: Special K