Extreme GT at PB SC Weekend

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
dbk kudos

It is your site to do with as you wish. You don't have to justify your actions to us. The fact that you wrote such an extensive post explaining your actions when you don't have to exudes class.:cool

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
your talking about pulleys but I think you mean boost:biggrin, this car is not supercharged hence no pulley, if they can jam 40 lbs of boost in that motor and have the motor live to tell about it, they might be able to make 1600 hp and youre right about the life of the motor, after some point there just is "No replacement for displacment", thats what I wonder about this build, to what extent is the motor built.

Fuel is the magic, have to run nitromethane! :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
It is your site to do with as you wish. You don't have to justify your actions to us. The fact that you wrote such an extensive post explaining your actions when you don't have to exudes class.:cool

not only that, dave runs a unique site, the fact that he also looks out for all the members is even more of a reason to support this forum, ofcourse this would not be possible without Bony

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Fuel is the magic, have to run nitromethane! :lol

nice!:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Guys,
I didn't intend to open a can of worms.. I have never been to his web site or his shop. He was at this show and it is obviously a very extreme GT So I was interested. He was busy with a lot of people so we really didn't get to talk about a lot of details.

He did tell me the motor is a totally built motor to handle the stress.. I would guess there is more $ in the motor and drivetrain than what's in most of our GT's He says he has time sheets for the 9 second Whipple car..so who knows..

I heard he went to the Super Car drags in Bradenton FL and they snapped an axle..so they couldn't run.. I can say this he is passionate about the GT and seems willing to spend vast amounts of his own money to make the car meet his goals. So I like the guys passion.. I cannot vouch for his claims. I guess we will need to see.. Some of what he's doing maybe of interest down the road.. In terms transmission durability?? We all have seen outrageous claims from various vendors so it will be intersting to see what happens down the road..

I am not going to bat for anyone.. I just think it's great we have people that want to push the envelope and see what happens.. I try to stay open minded about these things.. I'm from Iowa,, which is close go Missouri the " Show Me State "

Dave I understand and appreciate you explaining your rational.. You have been wise in your decisions and that's made this a great place..

Bony & DBK should thank me for providing some ineteresting content for tonights show,,,:biggrin

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
your talking about pulleys but I think you mean boost:biggrin, this car is not supercharged hence no pulley, if they can jam 40 lbs of boost in that motor and have the motor live to tell about it, they might be able to make 1600 hp and youre right about the life of the motor, after some point there just is "No replacement for displacment", thats what I wonder about this build, to what extent is the motor built.

Your correct, I was thinking boost and typing pulley.... me bad.:bored

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I thought it was cool to see a different approach.

I remember Joe's GT hitting some pretty high numbers....bet Torrie remembers old Joe.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We should all feel blessed to be able to enjoy such fine vehicles in these economic times !
Enjoy/appreciate !!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I heard he went to the Super Car drags in Bradenton FL and they snapped an axle..so they couldn't run..

Brian, this was another thing that was of major interest to me. I saw they had a $2k axle upgrade advertised up to 1300 hp. First off, I've never seen any Ford GT break an axle anywhere. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but there are literally dozens of twin turbo and Whipple cars making huge power on this site.

I knew they were going to this Bradenton deal and I saw people talking about it and they mentioned they never made it down the track from an axle breakage. Assuming the Whipple made 750-800rwhp, I had to make one of these faces :skep when I saw the $2k add-on axle broke from a power level that I have never seen a stock axle break from.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian, this was another thing that was of major interest to me. I saw they had a $2k axle upgrade advertised up to 1300 hp. First off, I've never seen any Ford GT break an axle anywhere. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but there are literally dozens of twin turbo and Whipple cars making huge power on this site.

I knew they were going to this Bradenton deal and I saw people talking about it and they mentioned they never made it down the track from an axle breakage. Assuming the Whipple made 750-800rwhp, I had to make one of these faces :skep when I saw the $2k add-on axle broke from a power level that I have never seen a stock axle break from.

Hey Dave,
The info I got from the owner was they are making some new stub shafts not sure about the axles? .. I think that's what broke at the drags was a stub shaft? The Stub shaft is the short drive shaft that comes out of the tranny. It's what are famous axle bolts screw in to.. I was under the impression the new Stub shafts came about after they broke the stock ones?

I do know they lock up the tranny and the motor.. They have solid Derlin motor mounts and a solid Tranny mount .. I'm not a drag racer but locking up these areas that absorb some of the torque may be why they broke..??

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hope they did some engineering studies, it has already been reviewed and agreed that the frame can not handle solid mounts. Real damage can be done.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Always love to see people trying new stuff on these cars... that's how improvements in technology are made so I am definitely not hating here..

just looking at his claims on his site, and having the experience in reaching, and attempting to hit some of his numbers (mile numbers, dyno numbers etc..) they do seem slightly... exaggerated..

the small turbo set up and different components just make me wonder...

would love to see some track vids to prove me wrong...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hope they did some engineering studies, it has already been reviewed and agreed that the frame can not handle solid mounts. Real damage can be done.

Hey D,
can you let me know who studied this..? A friend of mine is running this set up .. I advised against it. He's already cracked a CAT .:frown a PM is fine if it's top secret ..:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey D,
can you let me know who studied this..? A friend of mine is running this set up .. I advised against it. He's already cracked a CAT .:frown a PM is fine if it's top secret ..:biggrin

Hello Brian,

It was a forum topic some time ago. No secret, do a search. Perhaps Alex, Indy GT or some of our experts can comment further.

My concern is that when a vendor fails to deliver, it winds up becoming a problem for me and DBK. You would be shocked at how many dealer, vendor issues we have resolved QUIETLY.

It is easy to take everyone's sponsorship $$ and let them proceed as they see fit and do on so many other boards.

Cheers,
daniel

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I hate/love to bring this thread back up, but dude, validation has a name, and it is youtube. :lol

In this video:

He clearly says the white Ford GT, which should hit "250 in the standing mile no problem", "should hit 300 mph because the horsepower is there", "when done being dialed in will make 2100 hp", is "running 9.1 now" at "probably 163 mph" in the quarter, that cost about $750,000 to build...well, I'll let the video speak for itself.

712 rwhp.

That's why I'm a huge skeptic. 10 psi or any other number, that rwhp number shows how silly it is to claim stuff before it is done. Raise your hand if you think that motor has another 1400 rwhp in it.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
The secret is it’s a hybrid.
The turbo's turn turbine generators to power the front wheels with new GE super conductor electric motors.
They really need to work out the bugs in the fuel for the flux capacitor but once its done I can see 400MPH and down force is not a problem as the turbo intakes are centered under the car causing a vacumm:wink

silly David you just need to think out side the box.:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
shameful exhibition of speed on public roads.... tisk-tisk :-(

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mr. Nuetron and the picture below will let you hit 300MPH+

Attachments

• 175px-Flux1.jpg
    175px-Flux1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 154

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Only at 1.21 gigawatts.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
In this video about 4 mins into it, he said he could built another car like this one for much less, only 300 to 400K and is just "looking for some dumb redneck to do it." Anyone stepping up to the plate? Come on someone on this board must fit that description! :rofl

I hate/love to bring this thread back up, but dude, validation has a name, and it is youtube. :lol

In this video:

Last edited: