Detailing the GT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
By the way, I got my CRSpotless from Costco online. Not sure if they still have them, but it was far and away the best pricing I'd seen.

They do. I just looked it up and it's $20 less at Costco. I have a major, major problem with water spots at my house so I'll have to give this a shot.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
$379 + $23 shipping to VA here.

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Yep, and Costco comes with extra resin and quick connects too. I've been VERY happy with mine, and the resin lasts a long time if you just rinse your car with it (although I must admit when I first got it, I washed with it too).

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^Thanks for pointing out the bonus resin and quick connects. That makes this the best price by far.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Holy cow, at $90 a bag, that's a hell of a difference in price buying from Costco.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I have one of those spotless water systems and it works great.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Holy cow, at $90 a bag, that's a hell of a difference in price buying from Costco.

I don't need that expense. I already pay more than that for the soft water living in NorCal.

Attachments

• P1020046.JPG
    P1020046.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 196

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't need that expense. I already pay more than that for the soft water living in NorCal.

Is that a particulate meter? That's pretty good, but anything above 20PPM will still cause spots. And water softeners are not the same as deionization systems (i.e. CR Spotless).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Is that a particulate meter? That's pretty good, but anything above 20PPM will still cause spots. And water softeners are not the same as deionization systems (i.e. CR Spotless).

36 ppm out of the tap, no treatment whatsoever. If you just hose the car off with the water and let it sit, so minor spotting can be seen. If you dry off most of the water no spotting at all.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
36 ppm out of the tap, no treatment whatsoever. If you just hose the car off with the water and let it sit, so minor spotting can be seen. If you dry off most of the water no spotting at all.

Yeah, that's darn good. When I lived in Arizona, I got about 250+PPM out of the spigot on the side of my house!

And yes, if you dry your car before the water evaporates, you shouldn't have an issue (even if your PPM were higher). That's a tough thing to do though when you live in either Phoenix or Central CA where the summers typically top 110-115 degrees. But you wouldn't know anything about that living in SF! (yes, that IS jealousy in my tone;) )

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Yeah, but you get to wash it in fog all winter instead of all summer.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
^^^ Yeah, but you get to wash it in fog all winter instead of all summer.

So you're familiar with our Tule Fog?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Fresno State grad.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Fresno State grad.

Ha! So you're well aware of the climate and 'interesting' agricultural scents of the area:) Aside from the cold, Alexandria is a much better place. I lived in the District for 9 years.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nothing like trying to nose through an intersection when the fog is so thick you can't even see what color the traffic light is! After a few weeks of unrelenting fog, we would drive east up to about 2,000' elevation and bust out of the freezing fog into glorious sunshine. I enjoyed my time there. Worked seasonally in Yosemite. There was a time when I thought I might move back, but somewhere in the foothills above the tule fog level. :biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
For those considering the CRSpotless system, The lifespan of the resin is determined by the water quality going in. Hooked up to my well, I can wash the boat and truck one time. Hooked up to the municipal water, I may be able to get 6 washes. Boat and truck equivalent to about 5 FGTs.

I buy the Resin in the drum for the best value, $215 shipping included. Lasts a couple years;

http://www.crspotless.com/replacement-parts/replacement-resin-drum.html

Dr. Frank. I agree, sprinklers are the worst, but even our copious amounts of rain will leave spots. Maybe Zaino is not so great?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
For those considering the CRSpotless system, The lifespan of the resin is determined by the water quality going in. Hooked up to my well, I can wash the boat and truck one time. Hooked up to the municipal water, I may be able to get 6 washes. Boat and truck equivalent to about 5 FGTs.

I buy the Resin in the drum for the best value, $215 shipping included. Lasts a couple years;

http://www.crspotless.com/replacement-parts/replacement-resin-drum.html

Dr. Frank. I agree, sprinklers are the worst, but even our copious amounts of rain will leave spots. Maybe Zaino is not so great?

Boat and truck one time?? Holy crap. That well water must be solid rocks!:) Sent you a PM.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Worse than rocks, Salt water intrusion from Puget sound. The resin clears it, but it is taxed to it's fullest potential to do so. Ironically, You cannot taste the salt, but it is there.

Hooked up to the Municipal water Couple years before the FGT came home.

Thanks for the recommendation!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Ha! So you're well aware of the climate and 'interesting' agricultural scents of the area:) Aside from the cold, Alexandria is a much better place. I lived in the District for 9 years.

Fresno doesn't smell too bad, but Coalinga...

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Fresno doesn't smell too bad, but Coalinga...

True. I actually live closer to Coalinga than Fresno.....Has two things it has going for it: Steak and a side-by-side airstrip race at the Coalinga Municipal Airport