Detailing the GT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Has anyone tried one of these? Heated air drying. (large model pictured) Recommended to me by a detail shop;

http://motorcycledryer.com/air-force-master-blaster-model-mb3-cd

Attachments

• new master blaster shot with attachments_0.jpg
    new master blaster shot with attachments_0.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 121

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Has anyone tried one of these? Heated air drying. (large model pictured) Recommended to me by a detail shop;

http://motorcycledryer.com/air-force-master-blaster-model-mb3-cd

Michael, I have one of the 4 hp MetroVac's (not that version). Use it primarily as a vacuum. Used to use it to dry the car but it's just too damn small to be efficient. Note the description of ^^ product: "Motorcycle Dryer". Took me forever to dry the car. Bought a cheapy cordless leaf blower from Home Depot which works better.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
My buddy has one after our friend's detail shop used it on his car. It's awesome. Even has a heater built in to provide warm air. Settings are pretty much loud and REALLY loud. But it's pretty sweet, and I'm seriously tempted to get one. Be nice to not have to use a Chamois.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX

Use a similar one, great results, especially with a good wax job in place. After use, i just need a single towel to get the few areas that are missed. Basically it is a pet hair dryer that heats the air by using it to cool the large motor. As mentioned in another post ,very loud.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Michael, I have one of the 4 hp MetroVac's (not that version). Use it primarily as a vacuum. Used to use it to dry the car but it's just too damn small to be efficient. Note the description of ^^ product: "Motorcycle Dryer". Took me forever to dry the car. Bought a cheapy cordless leaf blower from Home Depot which works better.

Ed, That is exactly what I use too. A Toro to be exact. But it's drying (H2O displacing) ability in temps lower than 70 F is dramatically diminished.

The detail shop stressed I consider the 8hp unit vs. the smaller units for the reason you mentioned. Best Online price so far is on the bay for $327 shipped.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Pet hair dryers. lmao! (not a pet owner)

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Pet hair dryers. lmao! (not a pet owner)

I have 2 dogs and it never even occurred to me to use it on them, when they get their "bath" it is an air-dry affair. I may need to give them an straight treat tonight considering their position in the hierarchy of our household where "dog" products don't get used on them.