Customer Satisfaction Program 07B49

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
.........I would'nt let the guy I bought the car from (his single allocation) wash the windows....

This appears to be the general consensus. :bored

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
GTeddy, several of us in North Jersey have given up on finding a qualified dealer for service. We host the "GT Guys" for oil changes and upgrades. Watch this space!

Howard

GTeddy

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2006
Thanks howard will do....Did they do the recall work? I have my cars in a barn with a lift at home if that does anything - not sure where you host these things...

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
So I just bought a used GT. How do I know if the previous owner had it done if I cannot contact him. Should I just take the car to the dealer nearby ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Grappa,
Any Ford Dealer can run you VIN number and tell you all the warranty work that has been done, which should include the bolts, or reimburse the cost of the Accufab kit. In my case, I had the GT GUYS replace the original bolts with another set from Ford, which early on, we thought the issue was with the washers. Then it proved that the second set was not better than the first and I replaced those with Accufab's kit. Ford reimbursed me for both sets and the labor. If you run my VIN you could see that that was accomplished.

Hopefully you did a PPI, register above, PM that you did and I will adjust your tittle to FD GT Owner, what state do you live in. I just pounded a Gaja Grappa, wasn't that hard :)

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
So I just bought a used GT. How do I know if the previous owner had it done if I cannot contact him. Should I just take the car to the dealer nearby ?

If the outer coupler (6 bolts) are 12-pt black ARP bolts, you have the Accufab kit. If they are TORX bolts, then it could either be the original bolts, the first (incomplete) Ford fix, or the "good" Ford fix.

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
Are these the original bolts ?

Did they come with paint marks like on these ? Or do these look like a tech marked them ?

Attachments

• halfshaft bolts.jpg
    halfshaft bolts.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 147

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
again.... check with any Ford dealer on the warranty work done.
who did you buy your FGT from?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Did they come with paint marks like on these ? Or do these look like a tech marked them ?

Paint marks like that were applied during vehicle assembly. If you look around in the engine bay you will see similar markings on suspension components as well. If the colour of those markings are the same then there is a good chance the recall has not been done yet.

:cheers
Trent

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
again.... it will be in Ford's computer if it as been done or paid for.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Just my $.02, but all the GT's I've looked at (including 1079) had YELLOW factory marks on the TTY bolts. :shrug

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
again.... it will be in Ford's computer if it as been done or paid for.
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your suggestions and the forum,but:
What if the work was not done by a Ford dealer? Some of us are wary of taking our cars to Ford dealerships,including myself. If I were to get the work done I would try not to use a Ford tech unless he had worked on these cars before and been trained for them. I may do it myself.
What are the chances any dealer would even bother to train a tech for a car they never sold more than one of,if that ?
If it was done by a dealer I will find out,but if it was not it could still have been done by a private shop.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Ford's Oasis computer report will show if the recall was performed by a Ford dealer, and also will show if the car owner chose to just receive the recall bolt kit and then have the installatin done elsewhere. So the Ford computer will definitely tell you if a recall kit has been issued for a specific ar.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The computer will tell if the bolts where taken care of under warranty. That may mean that a dealer installed it, or another shop. That is where I would start my research. If there is no warranty indication and you can't visually check them to see that they are accufabs, then have them replaced under the warranty.

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
Identifying Axel Bolts

I recently purchased a GT (06 Red), how can I determine if I have the old bolts, the new Ford bolts or the Accufab bolts? Thanks

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any Ford dealer should be able to pull up the records by your VIN number. If they were replaced by a Ford dealer, it will show up.

If the Accufab bolts were installed by the previous owner, only he will know. Try to locate and contact him.

Short of that, I believe the only way to find out for sure would be to remove the coupling and visually inspect the bolts themselves.

Whatever you have to do, it's worth it to know. The original bolts MUST be replaced.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yukon,
welcome to the site. by all means get those bolts checked. changed your status to owner.
cheers.
daniel

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
The bolts on mine have not been done. Do I have to get this service done at a dealer, or is it still reimbursed if you do it elsewhere? If done at dealer can I specify that I want the Accufab bolts of do I have to accept the Ford Bolts? Finally is one set of bolts that much better than the other?

Any input appreciated. :cheers

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Search

This topic has been discussed to death. Please use the search function of the Forum.

Both bolt options provide a suitable alternative. Entirely up to the individual owner.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ford will replace the bolts under warranty at no cost to the owner. In the alternative, Ford will provide the bolt kit to the owner for installation elsewhere at the owner's expense or by the owner himself. If you want Accufabs, you have to buy them and have them installed at your own expense or install them yourself. It just depends on what you want to do. I think that covers it! :cheers