Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
THANKS Dave

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Ford will replace the bolts under warranty at no cost to the owner. In the alternative, Ford will provide the bolt kit to the owner for installation elsewhere at the owner's expense or by the owner himself. If you want Accufabs, you have to buy them and have them installed at your own expense or install them yourself. It just depends on what you want to do. I think that covers it! :cheers

Thanks for the info!! I am going to put in a call today. :thumbsup

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
Thanks everyone, I called the local dealer and the bolts were replaced with the new, Ford, ones last year.

Any Ford dealer should be able to pull up the records by your VIN number. If they were replaced by a Ford dealer, it will show up.

If the Accufab bolts were installed by the previous owner, only he will know. Try to locate and contact him.

Short of that, I believe the only way to find out for sure would be to remove the coupling and visually inspect the bolts themselves.

Whatever you have to do, it's worth it to know. The original bolts MUST be replaced.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yukon,
Was this done with the newest bolts based in the program 07b49, if so, you have no worries!
I first replaced mine with Ford bolts, but they proved to be defective and then went the Accufab route. Ford did reimburse me for the defective Ford bolts, Accufab bolts and all the labor to install. I am very happy with the way Ford treated me.
Again, welcome to the owners circle!
Cheers,
daniel

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
I called the dealer and they told me that the service bulletin was complied with the end of 2007, that it involved axle bolts and that there were no open service items on the car. I assume that I have the correct bolts but I will verify when I go in next week to get another key made.

So far I haven't driven the car much (got it last Sunday). I have an aircraft hanger located on private property adjacent to the airport and have had fun zooming around on the taxiways...I also have a 3/10 mile driveway with several turns but it is narrow enough to be more scary than fun...

I haven't had a sports car in a long time. Previously I had a Corvette that I ran in SCCA autocross and a Ferrari 512 before than. This GT is, by far, the best sports car I have ever had. I drove a F40 at Sears Point (called something else now) and it was probably a better *race car* (a lot more nimble) but the GT has amazing performance AND power windows, good climate control and can be serviced at my local Ford dealer. The nearest Ferrari dealer is at least 300 miles away in Seattle or Portland...

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks for the info on the bolts.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
I called the dealer and they told me that the service bulletin was complied with the end of 2007, that it involved axle bolts and that there were no open service items on the car. I assume that I have the correct bolts but I will verify when I go in next week to get another key made.

So far I haven't driven the car much (got it last Sunday). I have an aircraft hanger located on private property adjacent to the airport and have had fun zooming around on the taxiways...I also have a 3/10 mile driveway with several turns but it is narrow enough to be more scary than fun...

I haven't had a sports car in a long time. Previously I had a Corvette that I ran in SCCA autocross and a Ferrari 512 before than. This GT is, by far, the best sports car I have ever had. I drove a F40 at Sears Point (called something else now) and it was probably a better *race car* (a lot more nimble) but the GT has amazing performance AND power windows, good climate control and can be serviced at my local Ford dealer. The nearest Ferrari dealer is at least 300 miles away in Seattle or Portland...

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks for the info on the bolts.

I had some similiar reasons for deciding on the GT, service being more accesible and reasonable being chief among them (well that and the fact that the car looked and drove incredible). Keep Rambling that is what this site is for. :thumbsup

Congrats on your new GT. It just gets better the more you dive her. :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Anyone still on original axle-bolts?

Seemed to remember 10+K miles on at least 2 posts

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, 4100 miles. Want to get them done soon when my schedule hopefully lightens up a bit :ack.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know '05 #252 still runs the origionals. It only has 160 miles on it.

'New owner will be changing 'em himself when the car arrives.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I know '05 #252 still runs the origionals. It only has 160 miles on it.

'New owner will be changing 'em himself when the car arrives.

Wow, 160 miles. I guess the trip to and from the car transporter and round trip to the old high school was farther than I thought. Or maybe your driveway is much longer than Bill Gates.

:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wow, 160 miles. I guess the trip to and from the car transporter and round trip to the old high school was farther than I thought. Or maybe >YOUR< driveway is much longer than Bill Gates.

:lol

'Not MY car I be talkin' 'bout, Boobahlah! :tongue

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
I just had mine changed out at Packey Webb Ford in Downers Grove, IL. They let me work side by side with the mechanic (Mike) who was very thorough and knowledgable. We both learned a few things from each other.

My car has 2K miles and the old bolts and washers looked fine altho one side had a slight amount tranny oil in the hub. The other side was dry.

I brought my own Hockey pucks for the lift and got to set the lift points to my preference. All in all a very good experience at Packey Webb.:thumbsup