Customer Satisfaction Program 07B49

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
refund or kits?

How many of us that have installed the accufab bolts will be going for the refund from Ford or just picking up the kit? Not so sure what to do.:confused

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Got my box of bolts today, the dealership made me jump through a few more hoops and then said here's your $70 kit, sounded as though he wanted me to go to the cashier.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
+1

Reread above post!!

110% correct!!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Kendall, you're The Man! Most informative post. I'll keep the Accufab kit you installed for me and pick up the Ford upgrade for a spare that I hopefully will never take out of the package.

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Recall Post Mortem

My Car, which has 2500 miles, and easy ones at that, had the bolts fail last July....Ford replaced them under warranty....When the recall came out, I went back in for the Replacement, and TWO OF THE BOLTS WERE SHEARED, and had to be tapped for removal......I am sure Everyone has had this done, but if not, You are at risk....

Cheers,

Griffbl

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Rec'd my letter from Ford Canada. Interesting to note the letter only refers to 2006 cars not 2005 cars.
Didn't Ford only deliver 2006 cars to Canada?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Bony,
When Al Gore invented the internet, I thought he said it was free. :wink:biggrin

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
dealer said Dec as well

My dealer said the same thing that December is parts available target. He did not know if the new bolts were to be wired. If not, I will just keep the accufabs(wired) in the one car and let them change out the heritage with official FOMOCO parts. Thanks for the info though.
As for the Edsel, I had a guy at Carlisle tell me that the reason they sold poorly and ultimately became the proverbial goat car for Ford was that the original front grill center resembled a "fagina" (as Austin Powers would say). Supposedly not very marketable in the 50s or now. I know it is off subject but is certainly distracting away from the axle bolt issue.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good luck with the bolt fix Kingman. Looking forward to hearing about your clutch experiences, with the Stillen plate kit.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Freddy..
perhaps time to become a $upporting member??
Always glad to be here for fellow owners.
By the way PINKS was great :)
Cheers,
daniel
B O N Y - Mark II Lifetime :usa i can pay anyway except paypal :cool

email or PM me the details :thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Leaving in the accufabs .... get the FoMoCo bolts for the parts case.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why don'tcha just wait until Bill & Jay & the other "tech" types here on the 'Forum have had a chance to look at these new bolts, compair 'em to the Accufabs, and render their opinions on which way to go? :shrug

(My own guess is there won't be enough difference to warrant replacing the 'fabs, if they're already installed.)