Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
1.5-2" pushing what you can get into a standard frame out of 8' garage doors

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
That's why I installed 10' wide garage doors, so I'll have room to easily park my new FGT. Now I need to replace my trailer axles with wider ones and eliminate the wheel wells inside the trailer.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello.

Who knows the maximum width of its body, and the width at the mirrors.

Thank you in advance, and best regards.

Francis (Saint Ho).

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Is that much wider then the 05-06 GT?

Ed

my 2005 GT was no where near as wide as my lambos anytime they pick up my aventador it clears each side of the enclosed trailer by maybe 1 inch from watching the video when they pull in the gt looks very close to that which is for sure wider then the 2005 gt

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Jeff & I won't worry too much about how it fits in a trailer -

We will just drive ours wherever we want to go, and give the people of this nation (especially the children) chances to see and sit in the cars. We've driven (and continue to drive) our 2005 & 2006 cars on the backroads of the country stopping in many small towns and have given many people the joy of seeing our cars in person. Many of the comments I still receive (with a 10 year old car) go like this - "I never thought I would get to see my dream car." "I've seen many pictures if this car, but to see it in person - WOW." "Could I take a picture of my daughter (or son) next to it?" Answer - Of course, let them sit behind the wheel and then take the picture - and so on. The small town people (and large city folks, too) love seeing the cars. Even Ford dealers in small towns have never seen one in person.

I can't imagine what they will say or think when they see the new car in their towns...forget the damn trailers!!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Jeff & I won't worry too much about how it fits in a trailer -

We will just drive ours wherever we want to go, and give the people of this nation (especially the children) chances to see and sit in the cars. We've driven (and continue to drive) our 2005 & 2006 cars on the backroads of the country stopping in many small towns and have given many people the joy of seeing our cars in person. Many of the comments I still receive (with a 10 year old car) go like this - "I never thought I would get to see my dream car." "I've seen many pictures if this car, but to see it in person - WOW." "Could I take a picture of my daughter (or son) next to it?" Answer - Of course, let them sit behind the wheel and then take the picture - and so on. The small town people (and large city folks, too) love seeing the cars. Even Ford dealers in small towns have never seen one in person.

I can't imagine what they will say or think when they see the new car in their towns...forget the damn trailers!!

I know.
I drove mine probably 100 miles yesterday and people were "wigging out."
Took my boys for a ride.
Kids going for a jog (near a school) also freaking out.
I always get the comment "I would trade my 911 in a second for that."
I'm "like",..........."yeeeah,..no."
:)

I can say that pulling a GT in a trailer which I did once is certainly a bear and you have to be careful not just to make sure you don't damage anything but I can't imagine if you didn't pull in straight what might happen trying to get it out.
Brings to mind that Austin Powers scene.....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I already winch the GT in (drive mustangs), GT is pretty tight, wonder if NGT will even fit. Hope I get to find out....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not going to fit in my existing trailer. It might fit technically, but there would be less than 1 inch on each side of the wheels, and that is way too close for comfort. As mentioned above, unloading an Aventador is a nerve wracking experience. Unloaded one off a trailer with a lift gate and the tires were about 1 cm away on both sides. The new GT will be the same.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
It might fit technically, but there would be less than 1 inch on each side of the wheels, and that is way too close for comfort.

I totally agree if you were trying to drive the car in. Winching is a different story. It is very slow and precise and no problem to back up inches or feet to slightly reposition.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
By the time you trailer people finally get your GT inside and tied down---I'm already 100+ miles down the road.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
By the time you trailer people finally get your GT inside and tied down---I'm already 100+ miles down the road.

You are right Jeff, but some of us trailer folks look at that 3 to 4 hour (or more) clean up job ahead of you, when you get home - and we are just way too lazy!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
You are right Jeff, but some of us trailer folks look at that 3 to 4 hour (or more) clean up job ahead of you, when you get home - and we are just way too lazy!

Bossman - you know there's no way to compete with you on detailing. Not in my dna. Good to spend sometime with you and the family at the Rally!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We haven't figured out how to transport luggage and 4 of us in one GT.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
We haven't figured out how to transport luggage and 4 of us in one GT.

Shoulda ordered the trailer option

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Duh, blondness must be wearing off on you Spec - you need 2 GT's. Tell him Rex.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
He does not listen, except to the consigliere.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We know.

Duh, blondness must be wearing off on you Spec - you need 2 GT's. Tell him Rex.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I have plenty of room for the new FGT in my trailer. The lift section has 6" over the needed space for the 05-06 ones and that will be plenty for the new one. DR Frank knows this but is still trying to make others think he can take care of the car, not true. It will fit perfect in my trailer and I can take it to all the shows and track events with out re-tooling. LOL I win!!!!