Comments about your GT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A middle aged lady looked long at my GT & then asked "Is that some kind of Ferrari?" I told her "Yes!" it's "A Ferrari beater."

Ed

PS Does it cost as much as a Ferrari F430 or is more like a a Ferrari Enzo? I don't don't know but I do know it's a Ferrari beater!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A middle aged lady looked long at my GT & then asked "Is that some kind of Ferrari?" I told her "Yes!" it's "A Ferrari beater."

Ed

PS Does it cost as much as a Ferrari F430 or is more like a a Ferrari Enzo? I don't don't know but I do know it's a Ferrari beater!

They used to cost less then a F430 and now they cost more :biggrin

An Enzo has always cost more unless it is a badly crashed or damaged one, like the one crashed on PCH in SoCal.

JimmyK

GT Owner
May 27, 2008
Lafayette, California
Unsolicited comment

Best I had was from a teenage boy who said "these are just like Unicorns - you hear about them and can read about them - but you never see a real one!!" WOW! he then said.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Best I had was from a teenage boy who said "these are just like Unicorns - you hear about them and can read about them - but you never see a real one!!" WOW! he then said.

Great comment! And so true. Except for those of us that live with one. Maybe I'll get a double whammie and a Unicorn will move into the garage tonight.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Great comment! And so true. Except for those of us that live with one. Maybe I'll get a double whammie and a Unicorn will move into the garage tonight.
You have about as much of chance as a virgin moving in to your garage!

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I always have a cover on my GT in my garage

A friend was visiting and he was checking out my Katech Z06 when I took the cover off the GT he almost fell over :lol

We went out for a ride, he said he loves what the GT stands for as in American kicking butt

We agreed the GT40 & GT are like "The Right Stuff" for autos

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Someone yelled "Nice Ass" once when i was at a car show. Im reasonably sure he has refering to the GT.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
A few Quotes:

1. My Brother: after driving the GT, "my daily driver is ruined."
2. California Highway Patrol: Pulled alongside when I was doing 80mph, rolled his window down and yelled "Let it go, let it go" I hit 145 mph in 4th in a hurry....
3. Various people "What is that thing?"

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
Three days ago from a guy that pulled into the gas station while I was filling up,"That is the best looking car I've seen in my entire life."
I laughed. He said, "I'm not kidding."

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I drove to KC this weekend to see my daughter. On the way back, I stopped in a St. Louis suburb for gas (much cheaper). A young kid pulls up in an older Nissan something and says "That's a great looking car. I love it. My father sold one to Brett Favre in 2002." I laughed and said good for him.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow learn something every day.... didn't know that Ford sold the NIAS prototype car......

My father sold one to Brett Favre in 2002."

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
On several occasions when, I was refueling the car, I have had people approach me with their cameras or camera phones and ask if it was OK if they took a photo of my red FGT. This was usually followed by a Q&A where I would give them a short history of the Ford GT program. The car gives one almost instant celebrity status. RB

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Wow learn something every day.... didn't know that Ford sold the NIAS prototype car......

And for you my friend, I have a 'barn find' 1963 Mustang prototype, one of only 2 built, the other is in the Henry Ford.
My agent will call you with details of where to wire the money. :biggrin

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
A somewhat darker perspective!

On a very recent Saturday afternoon after working in the shop all day and cleaning on the cars and what not, I decided it was time to take a much deserved cruise. I have a really super long driveway and walked down to open the gate and this little dog came running in the yard followed by every kid in our neighborhood in hot pursuit trying to catch this little pooch that did not want to get caught. There where kids running in every direction in my yard and before I could get back to the shop they had all converged at the front door and some had entered inside. I could hear a lot of wow's and whoa's and when I walked in it was like a Q&A press conference and a complete history lesson about the Ford/Ferrari wars with a classroom full of elementary and middle school students.

Some of the kids had smart phones with them and I let them sit in the cars and take pictures that latter would be posted on Facebook so they could blow there friends away that would have never believed it. One kid said wait till my dad see's this, this car blows away his Corvette:lol

The dark comment was made by this 12 to 13 year old girl who asked if you get a lot of attention when driving around. I explained that yes, instant celebrity status, rock star attention, however sometimes unwanted attention because people forget what there doing by being so focused on the car it gets an element of danger to it.
She replied, "you mean like cause an accident" or "make someone crash into something",
I was like errrr, Hmmm, well I guess so but.... She shrugged her shoulders and hugged herself and looked as if getting goose bumps and stated

"OMG, I want a car that could kill people for just looking at it" :eek:eek:eek

This comment was really creepy, especially considering who made it, just goes to show with all the crap kids watch on TV and in the movies no wonder.:frown

I don't think they ever caught that little dog, remember the dog?

WhiteGT16

GT Owner & White Exotics
Mar 29, 2011
Northern California
I enjoyed your post and story..... well written, thought provoking, and the last line made me laugh out loud.... :)

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
great post/reply Stef, good stuff....since I have a stripe delete most of the public has no idea what the car is (maybe with most don't know either)....I don't have that many miles on/in the car but I'm an accident catalyst waiting to happen when I'm driving around for sure...I see people speed up that I pass, get behind, with the GTG bumper delete and the x-pipe they are trying to figure out what all that stuff is :) plus the rear diffuser and width of the car give it a menacing look as many have told me, then they pull up along side, then they pass to look at the front...I swear I've seen people's face have that WTF look when they see the blue oval on the front :) Even where I store my car (Club Auto Sport) where there are plenty of interesting cars the interest in the car is amazing...I was working on one of my cars and my garage is open, all the cars are backed in so the Ford blue oval is obvious, and a few people walked by and there are talking about the car, and one says, "there's no way that's a ford, why did he put that on his car?" :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I see people speed up that I pass, get behind, with the GTG bumper delete and the x-pipe they are trying to figure out what all that stuff is :) plus the rear diffuser and width of the car give it a menacing look as many have told me, then they pull up along side, then they pass to look at the front... :)

Have you ever had a driver, cell camera in hand, do a complete '360' around your GT on the freeway snapping photos as he went (follow behind & click...pull up beside & click...pull in front & click with his hand out the window ['frame' THAT shot!]!...drop off to the pass. side & click...then pull back in behind)?????

'S-C-A-R-Y...:willy:willy:willy

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Last week on the way home, sitting at a traffic light, first car in left of 3 lanes of traffic. Cross traffic gets a green light and the first vehicle is a Toyota Tundra pickup which slows down when it approaches my car (they are making a left I think) Then the windows go down, the cell phones come out the windows and the truck STOPS. In traffic. Then as I sit there and do my best 'queen of england' wave I watch as the Camry behind them opens the windows as well. Also full of teens and cell phones out the window......Driver did not see Tundra in front of him STOP.

Camry is now UNDER the rear bumper of the pickup and kids piling out of the two vehicles. My light turns green and I am stuck while traffic to my right proceeds around them. The drivers are yelling at each other and pointing at me and then.....the tailgate of the pickup falls and crunches the windshield of the camry. I am dumbfounded and trying to contain myself, but luck strikes and the traffic to my right cleared and I decided it was time to move on.

Yes, the GT does attact attention at the wrong time, one has to be continually aware of other drivers looking at the car rather than driving.

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Hello

Just went for a 4 minuet drive got gas and filled tires with air at a very clean HWY truck stop. I had over 10 cars and trucks stop, city workers, truck drivers, an electrician, business people, I could hardly fill up and talk, 6-7 people taking pictures, questions, people waving, cars letting me in front of them, honking, considering I live in a kinda rural area,it was unexpected and intense.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The dark comment was made by this 12 to 13 year old girl who asked if you get a lot of attention when driving around. I explained that yes, instant celebrity status, rock star attention, however sometimes unwanted attention because people forget what there doing by being so focused on the car it gets an element of danger to it.
She replied, "you mean like cause an accident" or "make someone crash into something",
I was like errrr, Hmmm, well I guess so but.... She shrugged her shoulders and hugged herself and looked as if getting goose bumps and stated

"OMG, I want a car that could kill people for just looking at it" :eek:eek:eek

This comment was really creepy, especially considering who made it, just goes to show with all the crap kids watch on TV and in the movies no wonder.:frown

Wow, don't let that little girl get away. That is amazing independent thought and insight. Maybe she actually doesn't sit in front of a TV or video game or computer all day long.