Comments about your GT

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I went to a local car hang out a couple of weeks ago after putting in the clutch in my car I wanted to put some miles on it and so when I got there I parked my car opened up the clam and just stayed out of the way and quietly listened to people that were walking by and making comments about the car,
so this guy, this 'know it all' walks by (there is always one in every car gathering) and he started blabbering about how much he knows about the cars and how they were built in ITALY:facepalm:. I swear I just about spit out my drink as he was explaining to his older friend, and this was not some teenager or punk kid. He was a 25 to 35 year old guy that seemed to know a lot about the Gt. I told him you realize this is a ford gt right. He said yes and he continued to say that these are great cars and they were built in Italy :) Needless to say I didn't hear a thing he said after that comment I just quietly walked away!:facepalm:

Probably the same guy who I heard that thought mine was an original. Sigh

Same place 2 older guys were near it and one called it a Pantera. Another sigh

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I couldn't have handled it, soroush! I would have had to have straighten the guy out if only for the benefit of his friend who may later have passed the bad info on to someone else! :lol

(I wish I had a dollar for every time somebody pointificated that the LS6 454 in my '62 Biscayne was a "409". :bored)

Likely the same guy I heard at an airshow tell someone the P47 Thunderbolt was used in Desert Storm.:facepalm:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Likely the same guy I heard at an airshow tell someone the P47 Thunderbolt was used in Desert Storm.:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Well, I may be a new owner, but now I can add one comment. I had the GT at an annual local car show last week, and some guy came by and told me it was "a nice kit" and asked who made it. I had real difficulty convincing him it wasn't a kit, and that it was built by Ford. It takes all kinds ...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, I may be a new owner, but now I can add one comment. I had the GT at an annual local car show last week, and some guy came by and told me it was "a nice kit" and asked who made it. I had real difficulty convincing him it wasn't a kit, and that it was built by Ford. It takes all kinds ...

'Been there too! :rofl

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Tell them value of $175,00

Money speaks all languages

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
'Been there too! :rofl
No way, you took the car out of the garage?

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Here in Mississippi I once had a guy who was working at the KFC located at the gas station where I was filling up, run out the door toward me with his hands waving and screaming "Id know'd that not a Ferrari!"