Clam Latch Update Kit

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
This is probably old news, but came across a clam shell latch update kit. Description of the kit infers that this was a late '06 update. Ordered a kit and will see if it solves the problem of the clam shell not holding against the first stop.

http://www.fordgtparts.com/servlet/Detail?no=34

EB13020.jpg

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Who is FordGTparts.com?

No info on the "About Us" link....

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
It will NOT help with the problem you described. The kit simply includes a pair of the spring posts (the item just to the left of the latch in your photo).

Prior to '06, the cars had an adjustable bump stop and, as such, the hatch would not "spring up" a little bit to help you get to the saftey latches.

We will routinely update the '05 cars that we service with these new posts - but it really isn't intended to solve any problems but it just adds to the convenience when opening the clamshell.

You may need a minor adjustment to the catches if they are not working correctly. Probably not a big deal at all.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Who is FordGTparts.com?

No info on the "About Us" link....

Hmmmm....I think it's Wally!

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
FordGTparts.com?????

I like what I see on line, but who is FordGYparts.com???They seem to include some GTforum sponsers. I'll buy some stuff, but tell me from who????? GO BLU

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
On whois it shows it as Wallace Rust (wally).

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I've picked up the seat belt bar and other items from Wally over the years!

Thanks Wally!

H

HHGT

Wally is aka Cobra1339 and a great guy to add.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Guy's Herb sent me a email about this thread today. He saw a couple items I had been working on. Boy do we have some great detectives around here.

Here is the story....

This Ford GT Parts site is something I have been playing with off and on for over a year. The site is NOT active and no payments will be processed through it at this time. So please do not order through it as it will go into a black hole.

Someone found a way to go in the backdoor as the servlet extension has been there for over a year now and has kept this off most every search engine I tried. And today, I guess we have our first hits. The idea behind the site was to link a lot of stuff together to make it easier for GT owners to find items from a variety of respected mfg, vendors.

It started as a better way to automate the sale for Harness bars and other items I have been working on rather than load up the forum with PM's etc. But it sure looked empty that way, so I started to take it another direction. But the real job demands have put it on the sidelines.

Some of the items I have agreements to sell that are someone elses creations, but they may not have a site, want more exposure, or have a fantastic item that maybe needs more exposure as it's just that cool. And, of course it is a way to sell my own items in a much more automated way. I have inventory on most of the items shown. But in general it is supposed to be more of a public service for the GT community and new GT owners. Think of it as a GT parts /acessories catalog categorized.

It could actually be live with a another few days of work, but I do not have the time at the moment to do it justice, and to be honest was not sure if this is how I wanted to do it so what you are seeing is one of 3 versions.

I have not worked on it for a couple months now as my father has taken ill, and the last 6 weeks have been very demanding on top of a demanding real job. He has a surgery scheduled for Tuesday Morning, so we will see how it goes , then he has another shortly after, but at 90 years old you can only take so much.

I am sorry if this started something it should not have, without being active. There are many more cool product links to activate, organize and I still need to write lots of files to get it where it should be. I can be a bit of a perfectionist, so it will take some more time. If you have suggestions, well now that the barn door is open, feel free to PM me with them.

And yes, I would enjoy being part of the forum at some time, but had no intentions of even approaching that until all 3 versions were done. It has been more of a hobby and a way to get away from the real job when on the road. I have gotten some help but also have been learning how to build a site/store front, etc. It has been quite and experience and I have a new found respect for the guys that do this.

Hoping for better days, I replaced what should have been my Hawaiian vacation this week doing home care for my dad and today was an especially bad day. He said he not felt this awful since being wounded in action in 1945.

If you need help finding one of the items I would be glad to help, refer, etc but for the next week or so the response will be slow, depending on the outcome of my dads surgery.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dear Wally,
Your dad will be in my prayers.
Merry Christmas.
daniel

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wally,
Your a good man !!
By the way the brake backing plates are awesome !!!
BESTS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Best wishes for your dad, Wally.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Wally, here's looking to better times. Thinking of you and yours....George

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Dear Wally,
Your dad will be in my prayers.
Merry Christmas.
daniel

Yeah that goes without saying good luck Wally !

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Thanks for the support guys,

Regarding orders placed on the Ford GT parts Website.

I checked the back office and there are some pending orders. If you had placed an order I will be in touch with each of you in the next couple days to let you know the status, etc. The other good news is that the shipping file used was generic and not actual, so all of the shipping costs will be significantly cheaper. No CC orders have been actually processed.:thumbsup

I have sent emails on a couple already and the orders will be filled this week.

Looks like a little Xmas shopping for the GT was done, we don't want the GT to have nothing under the tree.

But for now, I am trying to get the host to change the address and take the site down. He has not responded back this morning yet. Please don't place orders here at this time. If there is something you would really like before Xmas just drop me a PM and I will let you know an ETA by Wed Eve.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wally, prayers for your father. If you need medical advice, please let me know.

H

HHGT

Wally brought over his Dad to my house last summer when he was 89. A great guy and he obviously passed on his good genes to Wally. The funny part is I met Wally through this great forum not realizing that his Dad is a neighbor. Few people will give you the shirt of their backs and Wally ranks up there along with his Dad.

If you need anything Wally, just call. Our prayers are with you.

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Our very best wishes for your dad, Wally.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Wally, hang in there, my friend. All the best wishes for you and the family during these trying times. Don't know your dad to well but I know I would like him a lot.... he raised a damn fine son. Take care and I hope to see you soon.