Champion - Somelee

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
ChrisA and I went out to California Speedway this past Sunday to support fellow Forum member Somelee run in the Radical Challenge Cup.:driving:

I am happy to report that with significant technical support provided by ChrisA and myself (we stayed away from the tools), plus tactical support (we went up into the stands and cheered), Lee was able to eeck out a win....by about 11 seconds over his nearest competitor.

He F^<KIN' smoked 'em!!:mad

Since Lee already wrapped up the title at the last race, he brought out his West to run, and boy it's a hot lookin' ride.:cool

Let's hear it for Lee!!

Attachments

• Lee01.jpg
    Lee01.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 176
  • Lee02.jpg
    Lee02.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Lee03.jpg
    Lee03.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 177

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Excellent! Congrats to the Champ!:cheers

ps - nice finger shadows in the photo's

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Congrats Lee! You must be likin' the California dreamin'.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
We also ran into a few other GT owners running in other divisions. In all, there were 4 GT's there.

One gentlemen from Santa Barbara has his GT set up strickly for track use. He has made several interesting mods to his GT, with special attention to cooling. He pulled out the mock brake ducts, AC condenser, and had a shroud made for the fans to focus the drawing power of the fans.

We HOPE we convinced him to join the Forum.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
ps - nice finger shadows in the photo's

I thought critiquing photo technique was the sole domain of Frank's.:biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Congrats!!!!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great job !!

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice; thank you for sharing

BTW an awesome looking gal too

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
ChrisA and I went out to California Speedway this past Sunday to support fellow Forum member Somelee run in the Radical Challenge Cup.:driving:

I am happy to report that with significant technical support provided by ChrisA and myself (we stayed away from the tools), plus tactical support (we went up into the stands and cheered), Lee was able to eeck out a win....by about 11 seconds over his nearest competitor.

He F^<KIN' smoked 'em!!:mad

Since Lee already wrapped up the title at the last race, he brought out his West to run, and boy it's a hot lookin' ride.:cool

Let's hear it for Lee!!

:banana:banana:banana :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
We also ran into a few other GT owners running in other divisions. In all, there were 4 GT's there.

One gentlemen from Santa Barbara has his GT set up strickly for track use. He has made several interesting mods to his GT, with special attention to cooling. He pulled out the mock brake ducts, AC condenser, and had a shroud made for the fans to focus the drawing power of the fans.

We HOPE we convinced him to join the Forum.

I think I ran into the same guy at Willow Springs a few weeks ago. I also encouraged him to check out "The Forum".

CONGRATS TO LEE!!! That is one beautiful machine you have. Would have loved to watch it run.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
hey thanks guys....good seeing Herb and Chris....sure has been awhile. It reminded me how much I miss going to C&C.
I've got a long way to go in the West for sure but I was pretty happy with the first outing I just need seat time seat time seat time!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
yes, lee can definately drive the heck out of the radical, I know, he nearly made me throw up last year at rally III when he gave me a ride in his badass radical. that thing is quick, in my defense however, it did not help that I still had a blood alcohol level of well over 3.0, from the night before or at least thats what it felt like:biggrin

man I could never be a race car driver, dont have the stamina.

congrats, and great job buddy. the new car looks awsome too. :thumbsup

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
yeah you looked pretty pale when you showed up....you hung in there though. (pun intended)

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Congrats Lee, job well done.

Stu

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005