Car lift

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
So I just installed an Atlas 4 post lift for thr GT's and wow I'm loving it - can't believe I waited so long !!! This thing is so nice to have for playing with the cars for cleaning and maintenance

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I agree with you Steve. Installed a 4 post at home and a 2 post and 4 post at the workshop this year. WOW can't believe how easy it makes detailing and working on the cars.

Currently got the 06 GT at home up on the lift sorting out drivers side front turn signal issue. Couldn't have done it without the lift. One thing I didn't think off is how to jack the 06 GT up once it is one the lift so I can get the tire off. My GT is lowered and I only have at max 6 1/2" between base of jack tray and lifting point. I might be able to find a shorty bottle jack that would fit under, but can't use any of my jack stands to support the car with the wheel off. Might need to place ramps on lift and then drive up on them to give me the needed height. My rolling hydraulic jack set is at the workshop so don't know if it would work or not. Too heavy to move back and forth.

Porsche Cayman R is currently up on my 2 post lift where I'm replacing a leaking high pressure steering hose. That's been over a month long project with many hours surfing the web and watching youtube videos. Finally convinced myself I could do it and bypass sending to the dealer for fixing.

The lifts are maybe giving me a false sense of I can fix anything which might not be the case. Time will tell!

Give me a holler next time you are in the 'Burg. I might need moral support and an extra set of hands!

Reactions: steved57

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Been thinking about something like this. Mounts between the runways of the 4 post lift. Anyone have one?

Reactions: DG1

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I have 2 of them. One is a hand hydraulic operated and one I converted over to air over hydraulic .
Work just fine.
Not sure of the lift rating.....but they lift the FGT, GT500 and 2014 explorer limited and f 150 crew cab with zero issues.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Anyone have one?

Yes. BendPak's. Wish I got two to get the whole car up.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I have a hand hydraulic one and it has seen limited use so far. My 4 posts are Rotary Revolution lifts.

I tied using it on my Caterham CSR and found the spacing of the pads/arms were too wide to work with the recommended jacking points. Used the supplied jack tray and small bottle jack to raise the rear up. It is a close fit between top of rolling jack and bottom of the car, but the rolling jack will roll under the car. Just barely like <1/8" clearance. The CSR has low ground clearance and I'm hoping the rolling jack will fit freely under my 06 GT.

All my other cars it should work fine.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
A few inches vertical clearance for a stock height GT. Remove the sliding extensions for a narrow track width car. It comes with a few pad height adapters. I just use hockey pucks to match up with the frame lift points.

20190819_085122.jpg

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
ya they are great get two of them so you can lift the whole car up.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Yes, I HIGHLY recommend them. Really beats using the sliding jack tray and bottle jack fiasco, and much lower profile than any bottle jack I've ever found. And safer. I have a hand-operated hydraulic unit and it works perfectly.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I h5706157062

Attachments

• 708F23AF-9384-4EBE-9BE3-115053A577B1.jpeg
    708F23AF-9384-4EBE-9BE3-115053A577B1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Sorry photos are in previous post. Boss S is on lift so could not better photos.

I have 2 jacks on my work 4 post lift. Like Gary said the lift points at to wide for the rear jack points on the 05-06 GT’s. I made two fabrications that set on top of the flat plate on top of the jack. I have 4, 2 short ones and 2 long ones, lift shafts and just found a piece of pipe the correct OD for them to fit in and welded to plate.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Just finished new GT garage. Purchased my third 4 post lift with 1 jack. Will keep 05 and 06 on lift, 2017 will be on floor. Here are a couple photos, with post other later. 570645706557066

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes, and I have that exact brand. Works great. You will have to take off their lift "feet". I have a stack of small pieces of wood, and hockey pucks that I use instead. The only fault of the Quality brand jack, is I wish it compacted lower. Have a couple low Mustangs where the jack hits the exhaust. I have work arounds. Have contemplated a second.

Been thinking about something like this. Mounts between the runways of the 4 post lift. Anyone have one?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Blake, niiiice! Well done on forcing the installers to angle the door tracks up, and great choice with the side drive lift motors.

Just finished new GT garage.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Still have to seal wood siding and assemble lift. Had electric outlets poured into floor for lift and charger power.

Reactions: steved57

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
At their lowest level my rolling jack pads are roughly 3 5/8" above the ramp. My lowered 06 GT and my Caterham are in the range of 3 1/2 to 3 3/4" ground clearance so need to do something different. I like Blake's work around so will need to do some thinking on mine. My 4 post lift is the Rotary Lift Revolution model with their rolling jack.

20190819_155356.jpg20190819_155554.jpg20190819_155717.jpg20190819_155730.jpg20190819_155744.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Sorry photos are in previous post. Boss S is on lift so could not better photos.

I have 2 jacks on my work 4 post lift. Like Gary said the lift points at to wide for the rear jack points on the 05-06 GT’s. I made two fabrications that set on top of the flat plate on top of the jack. I have 4, 2 short ones and 2 long ones, lift shafts and just found a piece of pipe the correct OD for them to fit in and welded to plate.
in the small attachment/picture you posted above does the jack hit the floor when you lower the lift all the way down?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I have two Bendpak RJ-45 bridge jacks (4500lbs each) that fit inside my 1965 Shelby Cobra tires. The Cobra is much narrower and sits lower than my GT. So, no problems for the FGT. They do not touch floor below my 4-post rails and come with various adapters to interface with the car frame, etc. It is an air actuated hydraulic system.

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
At their lowest level my rolling jack pads are roughly 3 5/8" above the ramp. My lowered 06 GT and my Caterham are in the range of 3 1/2 to 3 3/4" ground clearance so need to do something different. I like Blake's work around so will need to do some thinking on mine. My 4 post lift is the Rotary Lift Revolution model with their rolling jack.

View attachment 57072View attachment 57073View attachment 57074View attachment 57075View attachment 57076

Gary, Why not just place a couple of 2x12 boards on your rails/ramp to drive your car upon? That will raise the car another 1.5 inches.

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Yes, and I have that exact brand. Works great. You will have to take off their lift "feet". I have a stack of small pieces of wood, and hockey pucks that I use instead. The only fault of the Quality brand jack, is I wish it compacted lower. Have a couple low Mustangs where the jack hits the exhaust. I have work arounds. Have contemplated a second.

Agree. Much simpler to just cut a few 4x4 or 6x6 blocks of wood to various lengths. Very stable and the hockey pucks can be placed on top of the blocks if required. I'll bet the lower Bendpak jacks would fit on your lift as they are adjustable to fit between the rails.