Car lift

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes, and I have that exact brand. Works great. You will have to take off their lift "feet". I have a stack of small pieces of wood, and hockey pucks that I use instead. The only fault of the Quality brand jack, is I wish it compacted lower. Have a couple low Mustangs where the jack hits the exhaust. I have work arounds. Have contemplated a second.

Been thinking about something like this. Mounts between the runways of the 4 post lift. Anyone have one?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Blake, niiiice! Well done on forcing the installers to angle the door tracks up, and great choice with the side drive lift motors.

Just finished new GT garage.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Still have to seal wood siding and assemble lift. Had electric outlets poured into floor for lift and charger power.

Reactions: steved57

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
At their lowest level my rolling jack pads are roughly 3 5/8" above the ramp. My lowered 06 GT and my Caterham are in the range of 3 1/2 to 3 3/4" ground clearance so need to do something different. I like Blake's work around so will need to do some thinking on mine. My 4 post lift is the Rotary Lift Revolution model with their rolling jack.

20190819_155356.jpg20190819_155554.jpg20190819_155717.jpg20190819_155730.jpg20190819_155744.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Sorry photos are in previous post. Boss S is on lift so could not better photos.

I have 2 jacks on my work 4 post lift. Like Gary said the lift points at to wide for the rear jack points on the 05-06 GT’s. I made two fabrications that set on top of the flat plate on top of the jack. I have 4, 2 short ones and 2 long ones, lift shafts and just found a piece of pipe the correct OD for them to fit in and welded to plate.
in the small attachment/picture you posted above does the jack hit the floor when you lower the lift all the way down?

PeteK

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2014
Great Falls, VA
Ya wouldn't have to go through this Kabuki dance if ya used a 2-post lift!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I have two Bendpak RJ-45 bridge jacks (4500lbs each) that fit inside my 1965 Shelby Cobra tires. The Cobra is much narrower and sits lower than my GT. So, no problems for the FGT. They do not touch floor below my 4-post rails and come with various adapters to interface with the car frame, etc. It is an air actuated hydraulic system.

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
At their lowest level my rolling jack pads are roughly 3 5/8" above the ramp. My lowered 06 GT and my Caterham are in the range of 3 1/2 to 3 3/4" ground clearance so need to do something different. I like Blake's work around so will need to do some thinking on mine. My 4 post lift is the Rotary Lift Revolution model with their rolling jack.

View attachment 57072View attachment 57073View attachment 57074View attachment 57075View attachment 57076
Gary, Why not just place a couple of 2x12 boards on your rails/ramp to drive your car upon? That will raise the car another 1.5 inches.

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Yes, and I have that exact brand. Works great. You will have to take off their lift "feet". I have a stack of small pieces of wood, and hockey pucks that I use instead. The only fault of the Quality brand jack, is I wish it compacted lower. Have a couple low Mustangs where the jack hits the exhaust. I have work arounds. Have contemplated a second.
Agree. Much simpler to just cut a few 4x4 or 6x6 blocks of wood to various lengths. Very stable and the hockey pucks can be placed on top of the blocks if required. I'll bet the lower Bendpak jacks would fit on your lift as they are adjustable to fit between the rails.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I agree that a 2-post makes life easier. My Porsche currently has the primary spot on my 2-post and I'll have to make do with working on my other cars on the 4-post lift till the Cayman is ready to come down.

20190617_122454.jpg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I love my 4 post Revolution lift (made by Rotary). Great for the oil change and storage etc.
I don’t mind using a regular jack with my hockey pucks to change wheels because it’s all about getting dirty.....

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Gary, you have really small tires on the one under the tarp. Do they grip good on the track 😂.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Blake, I'm starting a new racing series running the car at the local indoor roller skating rink! Series will be called "Racing under the Disco Ball". 🏎

Car is under the tarp so my fellow competitors won't steal any of my racing prep secrets! 🤫

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Yes Soroush, the jack does hit the floor when the lift is lowered to the floor. It raises up a couple of inches, If I have a core on the jacks it will raise up as well.

Tomcat

GT Owner
May 23, 2013
North Carolina & Perdido Key
Ya wouldn't have to go through this Kabuki dance if ya used a 2-post lift!
Agreed, but I stack cars and wanted some protection from drips/leaks...so 4-pole/drip trays was the answer. Additionally, my 4-pole came with casters and I move it to the area I need it in (long-term effort vs short-term stack).

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
I have 8, 4 post lifts for storage 1 full mechanics 2 post lift up here in Canada. All made by direct lift
I would go with the 4 post as this is the easiest. They usually come with a jack tray and simply use a bottle jack to lift the wheels of the rails. Should also come with 4 castor bar to move it around. Make sure get the neoprene castors not metal
For sure get the drip trays (usually comes with 3) to catch any drips.
With my 4 post lift I use a couple of air jacks with a jack stand or bottle jack backup for safety. The air jacks lift the GT off its wheels quickly and easily, store out of the way in the jack tray and are light/portable enough to take in the Jeep if we go off roading:)

Attachments

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Those air bag jacks are very cool.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
Will the 4 3/4" Cyclone Air Bag lift fit under the new GT? What do they cost?

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Just a footnote. Not all lifts are created equally. Most mechanics trust Rotary and that’s who sells the Revolution lifts for non commercial and commercial applications.
Rotary is owned by Dover Corp which practically invented the space and is a Fortune 500 company.
I am not affiliated with DOV or a shareholder or anything like that. Just giving y’all the straight sh!t on lifts.
You get what you pay for,...all I’m sayin’.
Dover owns both Rotary and Direct Lift. They manufacture the same lifts under both brands despite offering them at different prices.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
OK People, new FGT owner is shopping for a lift. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, what is a good lift that is easy to use and is SAFE. In my mind I am thinking of something that would suspend the wheels off the ground for easy removal of them. On the other hand, a drive on ramp style seems safer? There are so many choices and makes, (or stick on labels), that I am lost. Not interested in a China version, but I do know that some conpanies will import them and stick a "Made in USA" label on them, as I have seen this happen with hospital equipment!