Car lift

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Yes Soroush, the jack does hit the floor when the lift is lowered to the floor. It raises up a couple of inches, If I have a core on the jacks it will raise up as well.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I lift the GT off its wheels by raising it on the lift (as normal) and then putting jack stands on the garage floor below the lift points. I then lower the car on to the jack stands which "levitates" the car off the wheels/tires.
Full disclosure...my wife suggested this technique!

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Ya wouldn't have to go through this Kabuki dance if ya used a 2-post lift!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I agree that a 2-post makes life easier. My Porsche currently has the primary spot on my 2-post and I'll have to make do with working on my other cars on the 4-post lift till the Cayman is ready to come down.

20190617_122454.jpg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I love my 4 post Revolution lift (made by Rotary). Great for the oil change and storage etc.
I don’t mind using a regular jack with my hockey pucks to change wheels because it’s all about getting dirty.....

Reactions: steved57

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Gary, you have really small tires on the one under the tarp. Do they grip good on the track 😂.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Blake, I'm starting a new racing series running the car at the local indoor roller skating rink! Series will be called "Racing under the Disco Ball". 🏎

Car is under the tarp so my fellow competitors won't steal any of my racing prep secrets! 🤫

Reactions: steved57

Tomcat

GT Owner
Ya wouldn't have to go through this Kabuki dance if ya used a 2-post lift!
Agreed, but I stack cars and wanted some protection from drips/leaks...so 4-pole/drip trays was the answer. Additionally, my 4-pole came with casters and I move it to the area I need it in (long-term effort vs short-term stack).

F430spider

Oct 18, 2010
NyC!
American Lift also seems to have some great stuff

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Just a footnote. Not all lifts are created equally. Most mechanics trust Rotary and that’s who sells the Revolution lifts for non commercial and commercial applications.
Rotary is owned by Dover Corp which practically invented the space and is a Fortune 500 company.
I am not affiliated with DOV or a shareholder or anything like that. Just giving y’all the straight sh!t on lifts.
You get what you pay for,...all I’m sayin’.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Just a footnote. Not all lifts are created equally. Most mechanics trust Rotary and that’s who sells the Revolution lifts for non commercial and commercial applications.
Rotary is owned by Dover Corp which practically invented the space and is a Fortune 500 company.
I am not affiliated with DOV or a shareholder or anything like that. Just giving y’all the straight sh!t on lifts.
You get what you pay for,...all I’m sayin’.
Dover owns both Rotary and Direct Lift. They manufacture the same lifts under both brands despite offering them at different prices.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
OK People, new FGT owner is shopping for a lift. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, what is a good lift that is easy to use and is SAFE. In my mind I am thinking of something that would suspend the wheels off the ground for easy removal of them. On the other hand, a drive on ramp style seems safer? There are so many choices and makes, (or stick on labels), that I am lost. Not interested in a China version, but I do know that some conpanies will import them and stick a "Made in USA" label on them, as I have seen this happen with hospital equipment!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Get a Bendpak 4-post and 2 bridge jacks. Best of both worlds. It is bad to store a car on a 2-post lift as the suspension hangs and can damage the suspension if stored with tires hanging.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Good to know about storing a car, I do not plan on storing a car on it in the up position. Thanks for your response.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I have 8, 4 post lifts for storage 1 full mechanics 2 post lift up here in Canada. All made by direct lift
I would go with the 4 post as this is the easiest. They usually come with a jack tray and simply use a bottle jack to lift the wheels of the rails. Should also come with 4 castor bar to move it around. Make sure get the neoprene castors not metal
For sure get the drip trays (usually comes with 3) to catch any drips.

Reactions: soroush

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
I have 8, 4 post lifts for storage 1 full mechanics 2 post lift up here in Canada. All made by direct lift
I would go with the 4 post as this is the easiest. They usually come with a jack tray and simply use a bottle jack to lift the wheels of the rails. Should also come with 4 castor bar to move it around. Make sure get the neoprene castors not metal
For sure get the drip trays (usually comes with 3) to catch any drips.

With my 4 post lift I use a couple of air jacks with a jack stand or bottle jack backup for safety. The air jacks lift the GT off its wheels quickly and easily, store out of the way in the jack tray and are light/portable enough to take in the Jeep if we go off roading:)

Attachments

• F1BB2D34-AD72-43E5-A99D-95C4C172B6A4.jpeg
    F1BB2D34-AD72-43E5-A99D-95C4C172B6A4.jpeg
    558.7 KB · Views: 38

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Those air bag jacks are very cool.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Will the 4 3/4" Cyclone Air Bag lift fit under the new GT? What do they cost?

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Will the 4 3/4" Cyclone Air Bag lift fit under the new GT? What do they cost?

I use them in the jack tray on my 4 post lift so that tucks them in below the lift’s deck level. No issues driving my 05/06 directly onto the lift deck with the air jacks stored in the jack tray in the fully retracted position. Shouldn’t be a problem for the NFGT if used in the same way- I think the on-board lift in the NFGT actually gives you more clearance in the fully up position than we have under the 05/06.
I don’t think the air jack would slide under the 05/06 while they are sitting on the garage floor. But, I have never tried:) I will give it a go tonight when I get home and let you know!
Price for the air jack was around $500CDN.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
OK People, new FGT owner is shopping for a lift. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, what is a good lift that is easy to use and is SAFE. In my mind I am thinking of something that would suspend the wheels off the ground for easy removal of them. On the other hand, a drive on ramp style seems safer? There are so many choices and makes, (or stick on labels), that I am lost. Not interested in a China version, but I do know that some conpanies will import them and stick a "Made in USA" label on them, as I have seen this happen with hospital equipment!

You will be hard pressed finding a lift, "Built in the USA." Pretty sure Bendpak and Rotary lifts are built in China. American Lifts (aclifts.com) are built in the USA though.