Looking forward to the Next Generation.Normally, I would not warn people, but Ford GT Forum is being overhauled. vBulletin is old, and there are going to be at least 3 more years of production of this car. It's time. The missile has already been launched and there is no turning back.
The interface is going to change, though not radically.
Things that should improve:
- Mobile functionality (no more Tapatalk necessary). About 35% of all traffic here is from a mobile device
- Integration with popular social media (FB, IG, YouTube) that should make the site more useful
- Improved content discovery
- Personal account customization
- General slickness of appearance, including the ability to tailor the site to your display preferences
- Search (still not going to beat Google)
- Better image handling, since pretty much all 3rd party image hosting is going down the drain
- Improved load times
I'm not going to lie; some stuff is probably going to get broken. I will do my best to get everything sorted and functional before it goes live and overtakes the old site, and I promise to put together some tutorials on useful changes.
Good luck everyone. I would say that there's no worse than a 50/50 chance the site will be erased permanently!