best aftermarket exhaust for the money

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I own a GT with factory exhaust. I also have a customer who wants to change his exhaust. What is the best value on the market. I might add, he wants to change the exhaust to help get the heat out of the engine bay.

Thanks in advance

Mike Anderson

TCT

Apr 24, 2006
Why Heffner Performance of course. :biggrin

The Exhaust System is Constructed Completely Out of 304 Stainless Steel Increases Engine Output By As Much As 40 HP And 40 lb ft Torque
Reduces Weight By As Much As 50 lbs
Reduces Engine Air Inlet Temperatures due to less heat in engine area
Comes Ceramic Coated For Maximum Heat Retention And Power Increase

call 941-359-0900 for details.

Attachments

• fgt%20exhau.jpg
    fgt%20exhau.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,071
Last edited:

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Take a little while to think about it and only buy once. After due consideration I went with the Stainless system, headers and exhaust.

H

HHGT

Future/planned rear bumper removal may have a part in the decision making as well. Uncoated stainless will turn yellow over time which some find nostalgic - I know I do.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If you can find one, the Ford Racing M-9430-GTX:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have Heffner and Henessey. Can't go wrong with either .

Shoboat

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 23, 2005
Toledo Ohio
Factory Headers

I have this system and it's awesome. When I light it up, sounds like a freight train on steroids. It's also very streetable.:biggrin

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Good thread, Im shopping for exhaust as well. Talked to Ida the other day, his system sound nice but he said its a bit loud. Plus I have to decide if I wanna spend that much $$. LOL

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I just purchased an Accufab to go with my bumper delete kit. I have neither installed yet, but the Accufab is a beautiful looking pipe. Even the wife thought it looks great.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co

This was what I wanted and thought I'd ordered through ford racing. When it showed up it was the FRP with the box. I put it on anyway. I'm happy with it.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Hennessey

If you don't like this sound.........well. :biggrin

[video=youtube;Tgir6vRLaqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgir6vRLaqo[/video]

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sounds wonderful!

I had one, now on Stunts' car, when I went to a bumper delete. Stunts was one of the few with just a pulley and tune to do over 200 MPH at Mojave with the extended run length.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

I am installing those as we speak. Anxious to hear them.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hennessey

If you don't like this sound.........well. :biggrin

You are hard on tires. :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There arfe long threads here on this topic. Search can be your friend. Borla, Heffner, and the GTGuys system are all excellent with no drone. If you can't take the drone at 2K rpm make sure you buy something you can live with.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
GT Guys exhaust. Very reasonable in price and the sound is unique. Call Rich or Denis at gt guys.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Just had the GT Guys installed on mine and love the sound both accelerating and decelerating and the price was reasonable.

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
I just had the system from Stainless Works installed, opted for the small cats, and had the thermal coating applied. It is a great looking system on the car, very very loud though, on a par with the Ford Racing system. Sound is fantastic, engine bay is cool always. I think the price is great for a full manifold back kit.
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=481_391&products_id=1418
There is a sound video in this this thread of my car.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?21962-Stainless-Works-exhaust-video

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
As Frank correctly points out, this topic has been discussed many, many times. There is even a sticky on the topic with audio clips dating back to Rally I when we made some audio signatures.

Sound of our GT is a very personal and subjective topic. Ralph's long tube headers sound good if you like LOUD. At Texas World Speedway there was no mistaking when Ralph sped by. Too loud for my street use, but that is my opinion.

There are many makers of aftermarket exhaust systems for our cars. Come to a rally and hear each of your candidates in person is what I would suggest. I am very happy with my Borla, but that is just me.

Also I would be very leery about horsepower and torque benefit claims, unless possibly a cat-delete. The OE exhaust system as delivered might not "look" high performance, but it is a very good, free flowing system allowing very little (if any) performance gain. Credit the Ford design team (again).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I will say only buy the Ford Racing headers if you want loud. Really really loud.

I have the factory exhaust on my car because the turbo system is quite loud once you are at WOT, but it is quiet on regular driving. I drove my Dad's car which has the FRPP headers down to Rich and Dennis' last year and I felt like it would be very difficult to drive without acquiring a long procession of law enforcement officials that feel you must be about to do something illegal. :lol They do look awesome though.