Been around GT's for 7 years and finally an owner!!!!!

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Well I know the rules about posting pics of wrecked cars, that it has to be your car. Well I didn't hurt it but, I picked it up this way. Since the stars have finally aligned correctly I am now the new owner of a White/blue (second favorite color combo) in need of some repair, 05' GT. Here it is in state of teardown. Special thanks to GT Joey for setting me up with the previous owner. Looks like he will have more parts for his museum, once this one is back on the road. Stay tuned as we have some new things that we plan on trying on this one to set it apart from the rest. I will have to ask GT Joey to save me a spot at Carlisle now. Now we just need to find the right deal for Denis too!! Way back in development days I asked to be part of the team only dreaming of getting the chance to get to drive one back then, now finally after 7 years I just need to put this one together and it shall be mine to drive whenever I want. Now I can officially ask to add owner to the forum name!!

Yes, we still have other cars to work on before I can put my time into this one. It will have to wait its turn in line. (Sounds like a midnight, after hours project)!!!

Rich

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Rich let me be the first to say CONGRATS and well deserved:cheers

You and Dennis are a key part of the family here...

See ya in Carlsile.

now for Dennis we need a "red" one

PS - aren't you glad you've been saving all those left over parts all these years:rofl

Last edited:

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
WAY TO GO RICH!!!!!!!!

John

vramani

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2009
Congrats on the car

and thank you for helping me get mine to Houston - HARD TO find someone as detailed and that cares the way you do. Look forward to working with you!:cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Rich let me be the first to say CONGRATS and well deserved:cheers

You wouldn't be the first punk. :bored :biggrin

Congratulations again Rich. Well deserved.

H

HHGT

Congrats Rich. No one is more deserving. Best of luck.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Congrats and lots of luck with her....I am sure she will be better than new when your done with her.

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Congrats Rich!

Yahooo!

One for the Team!

Way to go Rich!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats, like the color :)
Glad for you!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Rich that's great! Enjoy bringing her back to life. I know you will have some tweaks for the car making it better than when it left the factory.

Aug 25, 2006
Rich; you know my thoughts as we have discussed it many times.

I truly could not be happier for you and now like you look for the day that Denis has his gal too.

All the best my friend

Shadowman

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Target acquisition.

Way back in development days I asked to be part of the team only dreaming of getting the chance to get to drive one back then, now finally after 7 years I just need to put this one together and it shall be mine to drive whenever I want. Rich

Rich,

Outstanding!! :thumbsup :banana :cheers

I am very happy you have acquired that Ford GT. Your fans on this forum, like me, vicariously enjoy your purchase and we want to follow it's reconstruction. So could I burden you with a request that you post frequent and numerous photos of your GT rebuild? The vast majority of us cannot do what you do and we find it most entertaining to watch you perform a task in 30 minutes that would take us three days. Keep us in the loop Rich and again, congratulations!

Chip

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Way to go Rich!! You know that will buff right out don't you.... Next will be Dennis & Kip....

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Fantastic Rich !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So you guys lied to me when you said RED was your favorite color?

Congrats buddy.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:thumbsup:thumbsup 'WAY TO GO, RICH!!!!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

I'll be darned! Here all this time I thought you already OWNED one!:willy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Rich,
Great to hear.. I'd say welcome to the family .. But you're already here !! :banana

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Thrilled by this news Rich. Talk about the perfect GT owner. That car doesn't know how good she's got it.

CONGRATS!! :thumbsup

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I can´t believe all you guys above have forgotten to point out to this "newbie" how important it is to have a car thoroughly inspected by experienced owners before rushing out and buying a damaged FGT:wink:wink

Congratulations on your new car :biggrin

:cheers
Anders

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Congrats on the car.

Please do take lots of photos as your work continues.... :cheers