Battery

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Any one had any luck matching up another battery other than the Optima or the Odyssey? Some one said the Odyssey part # is 25PC1400, but the Odyssey dealer here came up with an "A" or a "T" on the end of this part #, plus they were close to $300. Any one get the part # for the Sears Die Hard that is made by Odyssey that fits in our cars? I went to Sears and had no luck matching anything close to the dimensions of the Optima. I would prefer to go with a maintenance free lead acid battery other than the Optima just in case my two guages that failed are related to low voltage issues.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I did! I did this JUST LAST WEEK!. used the Sears Platinum Part # 22850080 Platinum 75/86dt CSA 290742

$200 with 4 yr free replacement, followed by an ADDITIONAL 5 yrs prorated! fits perfect, I will say it has 710 CCA vs 740 stock tho.

I'll make a separate thread since this seems to come up a lot.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I put in an Odyssey 25 PC 1400 T last week. My 06 has a 1230. The 1400 is 820 CCA and was $239

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for the help. I'll check with my Sears store. GTdrummer, that is a much better price than I was quoted on the Odyssey.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Thanks for the help. I'll check with my Sears store. GTdrummer, that is a much better price than I was quoted on the Odyssey.

go to www.batterymart.com $239 plus $0 shipping if you choose ground.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Does anyone have the Optima P/N that is a direct replacement for the stock battery? Thanks.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Does anyone have the Optima P/N that is a direct replacement for the stock battery? Thanks.

It was an optima "red top" , direct replacement...".group series #25."...............good luck
Now the official Ford part number is 5g7z10655AA but thats an internal Ford Number and dont have any stock left......enjoy gtjoey1314

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Thanks gtjoey!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Does anyone know what the original Optima battery (OEM) cold crank numbers are and what they should be?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I don't think you really need the part number at Sears, Just tell them you want Platinum P3 75/86DT, they will know. Fits just like the Optima without a hitch. Just replaced mine works great.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
The Diehard P3 75/86DT is on sale for $170 right now so I just ordered one for store pickup.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Ordered OEM replacement for just under $200. Dealer requested payment in advance, stating order is placed and then battery originated NEW, with GT sticker. Anticipated delivery in 10 days. Making the move prophylactically, after reading of the recent failures!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Yep, tachy, I did the same.
Went with the Sears unit. Slightly heavier than the OE battery but the warranty is pretty good and easy to execute at any Sears store.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Just ordered my Diehard #02850080000 Model #P-3 75/86DT for in-store pick up from Sears. $180 plus tax.

Thanks!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My stock battery is still going strong, but decided at $180, the peace of mind is worth it.

Any tips on the battery swap procedure? Have to do it within a certain amount of time to maintain vehicle systems memory? Perfect fitment between stock and Diehard?

Thanks in advance.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
My stock battery is still going strong, but decided at $180, the peace of mind is worth it.

Any tips on the battery swap procedure? Have to do it within a certain amount of time to maintain vehicle systems memory? Perfect fitment between stock and Diehard?

Thanks in advance.

When I had the JVC head unit and rear camera put in, the battery was disconnected for a long time and it didn't affect anything that I can remember.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Shelby is placing a Diehard in my which still has the OEM battery. Getting ready for Rally 6!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I almost forgot.......before you think your car is broken, drive the car for around 50 miles to RESET the monitor codes....I almost forgot , then the car wont pass emission inspection in new york......the tester will ready NOT READY and you wont pass..............gtjoey1314

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Picked it up today from Sears. Heavy little thing.