"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Nafod, you are on too.....Lets get through 8,000 miles out west and back and go from there:biggrin
Well, hopefully my sons can down load the car pics, or video the progress..........
Looks like we will have a real busy schedule once we hit california........
Things are looking real great......I just cant wait.......gtjoey1314:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Monday, 360 was given a complete bath from engine bay to frame , wheels and all.......I always loved quick silver and today still think of it as the gentlemans color for the GT.
Hopefully I can get my sons to post some pics as I have a new compressor/tire plug kit and hook all fitting in the same spot as the can was!
Sirius was a larger project as the original Mac wont except the sirius" IN THE RADIO" ....so that means you would need the unit on the dash or the extension arm screwed to the console. EVERY 1/8 TH OF AN INCH is premium in the car so we are going to have to take a vote........will update you on that....
Guys the first leg is set for Detroit anyone else just pm, henmmings,autoblog,fast fords and mustangs and SVTOA will all be on hand for pictures and stories......
Also Nardo came up with a pair of plastic suction cup hooks that hold to the back glass...great idea as we can at least hang a shirt and pair of pants each.........:thumbsup
Im going to hopefully video how we are going to pack the front trunk:biggrin
This should be fun, but we have a stategy that might work......
The front hood will be a tablet for the entire drive, Ellie will print our names and the routes so it will look neat in the HENRY FORD MUSEUM:thumbsup
Im ready....Nardo's ready........lets ride baby.......GTJOEY1314:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Tuesday and I CLAY BARRED the entire car......all I can say is WOW!......if you have any car that hasnt been waxed regularly since new...the clay bar is a pure miracle worker, no need for compound,prep sol ,buffing wheels...it is unreal to say the least.......
Well with the clay bar the silver really looks sharp and reflective...tomorrow 2 coats of gliptone wax and this 360 will look like a jewel....
For all do it yourselfers.......the rear vent louvers are a weak spot on most but early GT's seem worse. The hold down bolts were half loose or striped as the heat does a number on them........ALWAYS check them as a flying screw under the hood is not good.......so tomorrow I will lock tight the bolts, they are tiny and you have to make sure you do not over tighten them or else....crack........
Next we move onto the wipers, theres a standard trick to aligning them....tough to vision, but follow...each wiper tip should just overlap the black line on the bottom of the windshield.......this way you have better vision, better air flow and even wipes.When some people take the arms off for that race look they put them back on in the wrong spot and kill the forward vision and airflow.....will post.P.S. to remove the wiper there is a small retaining clip , just pull it away from the base of the arm and pull up its real easy............well this is more fun than you can imagine.....enjoy gtjoey1314 6 weeks and counting gtjoey1314

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Joey, if you don't have new rubber on the windshield wipers, lightly sand the wiping edge with 400 grit sandpaper. Takes a couple of minutes, like brand new.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Will try it.......Another quirk on early cars....the vent grates on the rear clam shell are held with 4mm bolt, as they heat up they contract and expand.....will white tape them and re thread...tonite, so they dont come loose again or fall off...gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Okay now we are cooking with 6 weeks to go....we have Larry emailed and yes we are going through Nebraska on the way back on route 80 around the 26th 27th 28th of aug.......hop on board or give us an idea of where to go.......We are over 30 at the Henry for Ford GUYS......THIS WILL BE NEAT, Edsel's secretary left a message hopefully its good news....will report.....the GT looks sweet........will keep you in the loop.....gtjoey1314/nardo somewhere in europe mapping out the route......:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Soime pics of the chariot....and the tire pump set up....Enjoy!

Attachments

• SDC10957.jpg
    SDC10957.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 331
  • SDC10958.jpg
    SDC10958.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 336
  • SDC10952.jpg
    SDC10952.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 331

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
You're going to trust your precious GT to a "Slime" tire plug kit?
J/K, car looks great!!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
J/K, car looks great!!!!

I would trust a plug kit more than the OEM sealant kit.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
J/K, car looks great!!!!
It really is a mental pissing in the wind....BUT, at least if we hit a pot hole and drop air we have a pump that goes to 200lbs, plus a red and white light for emergency then Just incase a nail....we have a shot to repair it as we move through the arizona deserts......AND IT FITS IN THE SAME AREA...... RPM, I know your playing and yes it does look good...enjoy gtjoey1314

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Getting the important stuff done....The GTGUY STICKER...says we have the best insurance in town :thumbsup
Next comes the custom bags that will be stiched with our names...We can fit 5 pairs of underwear,socks shirts and our 3 jump suits.....that is it.....GTJOEY:thumbsup

Attachments

• SDC10969.jpg
    SDC10969.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 414
  • SDC10973.jpg
    SDC10973.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 422

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Getting the important stuff done....our 3 jump suits.....that is it.....GTJOEY:thumbsup

What the h*ll is a jump suit?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Remember when we were cutting the grass on that montana road:biggrin there alot more comfortable without the shackles on the leg and blue instead of orange that say property of montana:biggrin :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Jeff you will like the next pic as we are going to hang 2 shirts and 2 pants each behind each seat on these rubber suction cups that nardo picked up.......:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well here is how we each get 2 collared shirts and 2 pairs of pants ....A suction cup hook on the glass will hold around 5 lbs......remember we still need toiletries and chargers for phones and all......looks like its gonna be alright...:eek:thumbsup

Attachments

• SDC10981.jpg
    SDC10981.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 349
  • SDC10980.jpg
    SDC10980.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 349
  • SDC10979.jpg
    SDC10979.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 356
  • SDC10978.jpg
    SDC10978.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 348

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
What the h*ll is a jump suit?

Classy!

DynPicWaterMark_ImageViewer.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Im in Alaska right now ,if you are lets meet up!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Im in Alaska right now ,if you are lets meet up!
Are you on the love boat ,whale site seeing trip......? gtjoey1314

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Are you on the love boat ,whale site seeing trip......? gtjoey1314

Leave Ron alone........He is tending to Mrs. Rocketman.......:eek

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Leave Ron alone........He is tending to Mrs. Rocketman.......:eek

More details please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Don Carson called , he is in for driving to the Henry and getting the gtguys to do work, pete also, gino and dougie are up for the ride.......and a couple from..boston.....have a ways to go so more to come...gtjoey1314

Status
Not open for further replies.