"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Joey - you and Chris are having too much fun - I love it.
Look forward to seeing you guys in SLC - drive safe buddy.:thumbsup

:cheers
Trent

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Joey,

Did I tell you the United States of American (past Cold Spring Harbor) was awsome (especially in a GT) or what?!?!:banana
wAIT UNTIL YOU GUYS GET TO cALI! fRIKIN Out of Control! Mountains that end at the blue waters of the Pacific. :thumbsup:chill:

Then over to Lake Tahoe via Rt #50 with no guard rail! A quick night in Reno and off through the Great Nevada Basin....Blast that GT boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:driving::driving:

Love GTJIMMY

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Be safe, have fun and see you in Utah!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Something about guys named Rich and GTs...(you too Dennis). Rich & Dennis in MI and Rich in AZ tweaked this GT beyong belief. Has to be one of the best driving GTs out there. Not a squeak, rattle or vibration, no second gear crunch hot or cold,....stock muffler so no muffler drone on long trips, you can open and shut the doors with your pinkie, gas flap actually pops open by itself, the paint is so slick from claybarring that the girls slide right off (unless they are are naked & a bit sticky from body sweat....don't ask me how I know). Marcie is the best too....for a couple of computer illiterate guys with no GPS. You know, roadmaps still work.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
oh come on now I didn't do that much to the car in MI! (oh wait could you maybe mean Brooks)? ;)

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Where are you guys now?

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
"The Third Leg is Complete......."

How many legs are there ????????????? See you on Tuesday brother!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Just spoke to the Grand pooba, he and Chris are for hours outside of Monterey, the car is performing beautifully, they feel good, having a great time, which we'll could be there and spent the night at Rich's house in Arizona. Averaging over 1000 miles a day. That's the good life.

Enjoy my friends, I love you guys !!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
The Guys left here just after 7 AM this morning. While they slept, I went over the car, made a few adjustments here and there. At 5 AM, Joey and I cleaned a ton of bugs, and washed the car. Joey was awe struck by the view as the sun came up over the mountains.

Chris and Joey are like kids. I had to keep telling them to go to bed. I would like to have a tape recorder in that car for 3000 miles. They remind me of Clarkson and Mays.:ack

Working on posting pics. :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The Forth Leg...........
Its late and tomorrow "thurs" will be a day of total rest......
The last leg to Pebble was a day of over 600 miles and the last 2 hours up highway 1..
Unreal is an understatement..the road , views and hearst castle were great...
Hopefully after a great night sleep we can post some pics...
Once AGAIN THANK YOU GTJIMMY FOR THE ROUTE AND RICH "GTTECH" for the hospitality last nite.
Hopefully he can post BEAUTIFUL PICS FROM THE VALLEY....
So over 4,000 mile is in a 4 day span,2 dinner parties and highway 1.....
The FORD GT IS THE GREATEST SUPER CAR BAR NONE.........
We averaged 24 to 26 miles per gallon and an average speed well into the 100 range....Temps were always around 175 and oil between 50 and 75 lbs....
To all the bridgestone guys, Durability will be answered by next sunday as we put the new tires on saturday in detriot.
By next sunday they well have close to 8,000 miles in 2 weeks......:eek.......GoodYears in imo are useless,unless you want original for show.
ENJOY GTJOEY1314:thumbsup

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Joey!

Wake up and post some pictures already!!:sleep:
Your body clock from the east coast should have you up already:shrug

Drive on boys:driving:

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
I pulled into a gas station in Carmel yesterday because I saw a gray GT......who do I meet at the cash register giving the cashier a hard time about the high cost of a Snickers bar in California??? None other than GTJoey. I told him about my Heritage, i complimented him on his 3,000 mile journey, he showed me the autographs under his trunk lid, he munched his candy bar, and we went our separate ways. I hope to see him again during one of the auctions.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I pulled into a gas station in Carmel yesterday because I saw a gray GT......who do I meet at the cash register giving the cashier a hard time about the high cost of a Snickers bar in California??? None other than GTJoey. I told him about my Heritage, i complimented him on his 3,000 mile journey, he showed me the autographs under his trunk lid, he munched his candy bar, and we went our separate ways. I hope to see him again during one of the auctions.

Ya, that was him........was he wearing that swinging blue jump suit still?:lol

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
061.jpg053.jpg

H

HHGT

You're on the wrong side of the island Joey.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
067.jpg068.jpg

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Fishing in the Pacific. Kept one and threw one back.

080.jpg079.jpg

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
075.jpg074.jpg

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
What a day..........We checked out Pebble Beach then headed over to Laguna Seca.........
The late 50's , up to 67 open wheel race cars were on the track.......unreal.....the cork screw is nuts....
TAKE A PEEK AT THESE.............Nardo and I are having a great time.....
there are guys here from my Jag days, Rolls days and many more........
THE POLICE PICTURE IS A THREAD ALL ON ITS OWN........It will make the book....:biggrin
Enjoy gtjoey1314

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_6405.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

We are having the time of our lives....thanks chris, for coming along, lets get some dinner.........gtjoey1314

I think Chris is on another page but, im still going with the car theme........Jimmy, you were right the track was great.....gtjoey1314

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Yahh I know where Chris' head is at!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.