Another GT totalled - Read how it occurred

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Aggie and other Texas GT's,

How do you get around the "test drive" for a state inspection?:frown
You can PM me if it is a "secret".:thumbsup

Darin

I PM'd you about the Scottsdale run. extxdps......are you referring to the Mustang DPS cars or were you a former law enforcement provider?

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A valet tune is what is needed and it would have saved the day. It should be used whenever the keys are given to someone you don't trust 100%, even if they are not supposed to drive the car.

'BETTER solution is to just take the keys with you. I'm dead serious. And tell the detailer (or whomever) if the car needs to be moved - "CALL ME. I'll move it." (Impractical? Ask me if I care. Unreasonable? 'Same answer. The business will reject the job 'cause of that? FINE! Find one that WON'T.) Barring that, baby sit the car while the work is being done (either yourself or by someone you DO trust).

The small inconvenience involved doing it that way could save a LOT of hassels replacing the car later. Not to mention the hassels and reems of paperwork resulting from a shooting...:bored

Ya. This IS a real "hot button" of mine! :biggrin

'Course the REAL safe way ( in the case of a detailer) is to just have Jason do the job in the 1st place. Then you don't hafta sweat that stuff. 'Toss him the keys, give him your contact number, and forget about it. :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Recently had a detailer cut into paint with edge of bufffing wheel in 3 spots on another car.

Long time before I use another deatiler, maybe forever.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i guess the old saying still holds true, "If you want something done right do it yourself". after my little incedent with the stereo shop that was installing my jvc head unit, I decided to do everything on the car myself, and for detailing I pay someone to come to my house and do it there while I watch, I wouldnt dare wash that car myself I would ruin the finish, may be i can pick up some pointer from jason while in Vegas.:wink

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
i guess the old saying still holds true, "If you want something done right do it yourself". ......I wouldnt dare wash that car myself I would ruin the finish, may be i can pick up some pointer from jason while in Vegas.:wink

Get Jason's foam gun and wash mitts. I picked up micro fiber towels from Griot's Garage. Then get over to Costco while they are still selling the water de-ionizing units extremely cheap.

It's the best setup.

Then follow these instructions - http://www.jasonsautospa.com/wash/

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
"After the GT was detailed, while the buyer was enroute to Atlanta, the detailer when for a test ride and rolled it 2 or 3 times, so I was told."

Okay. Can someone explain to me WHY a DETAILER would need to "test drive" his work?????????????????????????:mad:mad:mad

Jason???
NO idea, the guy had no business being left in the presence of this GT with the keys to it after his job was done. I think his superior(s) should have known that this person would do a thing like that as this kind of careless attitude can be seen in various forms throughout his work and words. Hundreds of cars under my belt and not a single person accused me of driving their vehicle, and you can bet they checked. The kind of attitude this guy has/had just pizzes me off :thumbsdow "Grow up" comes to mind.

Kayvan - That's terrible, someone get the buffer out of his hands! http://jasonsautospa.com/ccrc5.html I can do HALF of those steps and still do more than what other people do when it comes to safety precautions. Wish you were closer.

Soroush - Feel free to bounce any detailing questions off of me, and that goes for everyone. Let's make sure your GTs get the best care...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
A valet tune is what is needed and it would have saved the day. It should be used whenever the keys are given to someone you don't trust 100%, even if they are not supposed to drive the car.

That would be so easy to accomplish. Set the N/D rev limiter to 1200rpm and speed limiter to 5mph

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That would be so easy to accomplish. Set the N/D rev limiter to 1200rpm and speed limiter to 5mph

+1 :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
amazing. This Is Why No Matter What The Valet Says, They Don't Get The Keys. "oh I Park These All The Time." That May Be True, But You Are Not Parking Mine!

Agreed!!!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Its sad when any of these beautiful and legendary cars is destroyed by stupidity.

:thumbsdow

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
5 Supercars totalled here

http://jalopnik.com/399670/five-sup...egedly-trashed-by-drunken-brit-wedding-guests

Will gurantee the rental shops insurance policy has a cap per day or incident

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Those people are just plain SICK. Way BEYOND sick actually...:frown

(In fact, I'd say they qualified as total MORONS.)

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Those people are just plain SICK. Way BEYOND sick actually...:frown

(In fact, I'd say they qualified as total MORONS.)

Lots of rich Kids doing it; see the Carrera GT on Prom night in same links