Another GT totalled - Read how it occurred

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Here's another horror story of a service provider wrecking a GT. I heard this today from a friend who said he will email the pictures.

An owner of a White GT in Loganville, GA, negotiated the sale of his car to a buyer from Florida who flew to Atlanta last Tuesday to pick it up.

A respected performance shop in Loganville details cars so the owner took it to have it detailed for the buyer.

After the GT was detailed, while the buyer was enroute to Atlanta, the detailer when for a test ride and rolled it 2 or 3 times, so I was told.

Apparently the driver had his girlfriend with him, and neither were seriously hurt.

The moral of this story...Be careful who you toss your keys to.

If Shelby had sold it, this wouldn't have occurred. If Jason had detailed it, this wouldn't have occurred. :cheers

One more...If BJ Motors had sold it , this wouldn't have occurred

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Amazing. This is why no matter what the valet says, they don't get the keys. "Oh I park these all the time." That may be true, but you are NOT parking mine!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
amen...
and please, no pictures of wrecled fgt's unless you are the owner.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If Shelby had sold it, this wouldn't have occurred. If Jason had detailed it, this wouldn't have occurred. :cheers

Thanks for the kind words. I agree. Give the keys to the wrong person and its like putting candy in front of a baby..... They cant resist! I have read several stories like this. Out of 4 employees I have, only ONE is trusted to sit in the drivers seat of any of these cars. He was my friend way before he worked for me and he worked for me 6 months before HE was allowed. He only drives a car when I simply can not. I trust him with any of my personal cars and the cars I sell. I am lucky to have him. I guess when and if he ever leaves, I am gonna have a tough time trusting anyone else like this. :frown

Last edited by a moderator:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Investment idea folks

How about we take that guy's company public in Lufkin, Texas. It sure seems like a growing business!

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Thanks for the kind words Kirby, what a shame though. The thought "Should I take it for a spin?" Shouldn't have even crossed that person's mind in the first place. Some people have no respect for other people's property.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thanks for the kind words Kirby, what a shame though. The thought "Should I take it for a spin?" Shouldn't have even crossed that person's mind in the first place. Some people have no respect for other people's property.

Unfortunately true

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

I'd say it's his property now, (or his insurance companies).

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Speaking of the guy in Lufkin. I noticed that he is now asking for people to take and have a PPI done in his ebay ads. Has anyone ever or knows anyone who has ... had a PPI done on one of his cars to see how good a job they do?

He seems to have two - three new cars for sale a month .. which means there are a lot more on the streets now. I hope they are done right.

+2000000000000 on the never let any one drive the car. Just one stab of an undisicplined foot and the car is HISTORY. or headed to Lufkin. :frown

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Its unfortunate on many fronts. This will screw the kid and probably put the shop out of business...

I have very few friends I trust with my cars...2 of them have GT's and they were 2 of 3 that I let drive it...I don't let other drive the car..I don't let it out of my site...its just the rule.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
cant even imagine that.:frown dont want too eighter!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Its unfortunate on many fronts. This will screw the kid and probably put the shop out of business...

I have very few friends I trust with my cars...2 of them have GT's and they were 2 of 3 that I let drive it...I don't let other drive the car..I don't let it out of my site...its just the rule.

Dave doesn't count since you guys are married... or at least that's how his wife sees it. :lol

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
Dave doesn't count since you guys are married... or at least that's how his wife sees it. :lol

Are you ready to make that offer on "Brokeback Mountain Resort"? :lol

I changed the name from Evergreen Farms :thumbsup

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Like my papi told me once: Son, three things you don't lend to anyone:
Your car
your gun
and your wife :lol:lol

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
.....not in that order, anyway.

Howard

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"After the GT was detailed, while the buyer was enroute to Atlanta, the detailer when for a test ride and rolled it 2 or 3 times, so I was told."

Okay. Can someone explain to me WHY a DETAILER would need to "test drive" his work?????????????????????????:mad:mad:mad

Jason???

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
"After the GT was detailed, while the buyer was enroute to Atlanta, the detailer when for a test ride and rolled it 2 or 3 times, so I was told."

Okay. Can someone explain to me WHY a DETAILER would need to "test drive" his work?????????????????????????:mad:mad:mad

Jason???

EP......B chillin' like a villain What if his blow dryer was out of commission and he HAD to drive the car at 180MPH to dry it? Surely no one with an FGT would use a chamois or terry towel.....might mar the finish! I use dirty sponges and a chamois I've had for years. Works for me. But then RainDance wax once a year does too.:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Are you ready to make that offer on "Brokeback Mountain Resort"? :lol

I changed the name from Evergreen Farms :thumbsup

Well ... I'm ready for that ranch ... not sure if Matt would sell me his casa nor would I want to break you two up. :lol

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
State Inspection

Aggie and other Texas GT's,

How do you get around the "test drive" for a state inspection?:frown
You can PM me if it is a "secret".:thumbsup

Darin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A valet tune is what is needed and it would have saved the day. It should be used whenever the keys are given to someone you don't trust 100%, even if they are not supposed to drive the car.

Of course if the person has a SCT, or Diablo tuner, with an alternate tune for a Ford GT, it can be over ridden without your knowledge, but it does lower the risk tremendously.