Another Black GT down

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Shelby should be the one to help you out alot with this. Currenlty he knows the going rate to replace. In the viper world we have 3 that will help us get top dollare.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Shelby, do you find that the cars with billet a-arms go for more? Or is an item most buyers don't know about?.

Most buyers don't even know! You see that a semi educated buyer pop's up here every now and then on the forum and only asks about the recall of the first 500.....

Regarding the Insurance co. , they'll whine, squeal and do what ever they have to do to minimize the check, then raise your rates and keep you as a happy customer for the next 100 years. They also hope you'll drive your new car like Larry does.....

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Alright guys I need a little advise. I feel like my insurance company is trying to screw me on my car. It's a black/silver '05 with the billet A-Arms, 6,500 miles and all four options. Farmers Ins offered me $155,000

Aftermarket includes: Heffner pulley/tune, Borla Exhaust, Halon fire suppression, Ford Transmission cooler, Stillen Radiator springs, T&A lowering kit... and about a $1000 is other little extras.

Am I just being too proud? I know it had 6500 miles but honestly the only cars I've seen go for $155 are the reds ones (no offense) but they made a lot of those cars in that color. Should I take the money and run or hunker down and sue shit out of everybody?

Make them an offer they can't refuse $155,000 plus the old wreck. Explain to them how much trouble your saving them.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Make them an offer they can't refuse $155,000 plus the old wreck. Explain to them how much trouble your saving them.

I like that. A man that thinks outside the box and comes up with a win win solution for everyone...

You should at least suggest that and see what happens.

Of course, we all know the salvaged GT should be worth quite a bit.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal

Is this possible? Would they even go for something like that? I think its absolutely brilliant!!!

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

Is this possible? Would they even go for something like that? I think its absolutely brilliant!!!

I think that is a good idea, but you got to think the insurance company is smarter than that.

There's a lot of parts value left in Fubar's car.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I dunno, did you see the car?:frown

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
engine alone brings 25k to 30k ...

so I can only imagine what the unsurance companies would say. Yes I spelled that right.

S

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

Yes, I did see the car. Or at least I saw the pics he posted. I agree with Steve about the residual value of the engine.

I'd pay 30k for the engine and transaxle right now, I really would. These motors seems pretty bullit proof, but I intend to have my GT for a long time.
I'd find a place to store the eng/trans for the future of possible problems.

One of these days, hopefully later than sooner, GT parts are going to get had to find and expensive.

At least that's what I think, but who knows.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Alright guys I need a little advise. I feel like my insurance company is trying to screw me on my car. It's a black/silver '05 with the billet A-Arms, 6,500 miles and all four options. Farmers Ins offered me $155,000

Aftermarket includes: Heffner pulley/tune, Borla Exhaust, Halon fire suppression, Ford Transmission cooler, Stillen Radiator springs, T&A lowering kit... and about a $1000 is other little extras.

Am I just being too proud? I know it had 6500 miles but honestly the only cars I've seen go for $155 are the reds ones (no offense) but they made a lot of those cars in that color. Should I take the money and run or hunker down and sue shit out of everybody?

Mark, As many have suggested, comps are your best bet. ebay has a number of black FGT's for sale that generally start bidding at $165 or more. There is a black car like your dearly departed with 15k miles with a starting bid of $165,000. Auction # 220173472555. Another black FGT with 4,200 miles has a Buy It Now price of $169,980. That is auction # 120183127880

Good luck, usmcfred

Last edited:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
The performance add ons usually are not covered by insurance, unless you have it in your policy.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Not one person here has thought of an important detail

First work them for more than you actually would settle for, then have a settlement figure in mind. Shoot for $175K and take $170K IMO. But here's the kicker everyone is forgetting. After you have SQUEEZED them, then say....oh yes ....that is plus tax, title, documentary fee, and license. They owe you this too and should not even whimper. I always get it. Diminished value too if it isn't your fault and your car is being repaired folks (not applicable to Fubar). In Texas on your car Mark the TT&L plus doc. fee is a pretty penny in addition (about $10,800 based on $170K). Hope this helps. Chris.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
There are claims consultants you can hire for $1500-5000? that knows ammunition to fire away ( ie, claim counts, subrogation value, regulatory complaints). Homeowners of high end homes hire them for huge claims.

They basically are are hard nose ex claims heads that know how to run a case up the flag, and create heat/headache....so both sides settle quicker and higher.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
Mark, As many have suggested, comps are your best bet. ebay has a number of black FGT's for sale that generally start bidding at $165 or more. There is a black car like your dearly departed with 15k miles with a starting bid of $165,000. Auction # 220173472555. Another black FGT with 4,200 miles has a Buy It Now price of $169,980. That is auction # 120183127880

Good luck, usmcfred
Looks like the 15k mile one is actually 1,500 miles, and the 4,200 mile car is Blue.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I looked up the value of my tungston on the kelly blue book online. If it is in excellent shape it should be over 175K. Mine came in at 175 with 14,000 miles on it.

Greg

May 21, 2007
So sorry to see.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
While I can't dispute that red GTs are selling for a little less then some of the other colors I have seen reds advertised for $169K to $175K.

This is a good reason why agreed value is the way to go as long as you keep up with the change in values. Mine is red and I have an agreed value at $165K.

Last edited:

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
There are claims consultants you can hire for $1500-5000? that knows ammunition to fire away ( ie, claim counts, subrogation value, regulatory complaints). Homeowners of high end homes hire them for huge claims.

They basically are are hard nose ex claims heads that know how to run a case up the flag, and create heat/headache....so both sides settle quicker and higher.

You may be speaking of public adjusters. I've retained them on several occasions and have been pleased with the result.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Farmers Insurance has been difficult to deal with. They believe the "cash value" of a GT with roughly 6500 miles is $161,000. I presented themtwith several examples of GT's that sold for $175,000 plus. Kelly Blue Book even rates it at $165,000 w/14k miles. But They want to go to arbitration. I think they will regret that decision.

On a happier note... Shelby at Elite Automotive was kind enough to cut me a good deal on his blue 2005. As soon as my leg heals, I will be back in the saddle.

I still need to present evidence that my car was worth over $161,000. If anyone has an appraisal they would be willing to share, I would be very grateful.

It's nice to be back.
Fubar

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Good to hear. Would have really sucked to have you without a GT!

:cheers