Added wings - Still can't get off the ground!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Yeah, a Socal group buy and for less than $10,000 installed locally. Is Christmas still far away???

I'm for that ! :thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Guys if you are serious about a better deal on a group install I'll e-pxlore it. I have done alot of business with Genaddi and can get it going...

PM me if interested

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
I love it Jerry. Looks Awsum :thumbsup

Agreed, Looks great!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Do they lift pretty easy? How is the fit?

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
Im in Southern California, and I am definately interested in a group buy. I called them a few months back and they said they would install in So Cal if enough people were interested.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Rally Group buy? I'll call Mark tomorrow and see what we can get done August 1-5.

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
group buy ,i am definatley intrested,ford should have done this from factory

Last edited:

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I am interested. Will be in Cali for the rally.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Rally Group buy? I'll call Mark tomorrow and see what we can get done August 1-5.

HEY!!! If you get a Rally group buy... I should get a credit for being the one that started the butterfly door craze!!!!!!!!! :willy :willy :willy

Aug 25, 2006
HEY!!! If you get a Rally group buy... I should get a credit for being the one that started the butterfly door craze!!!!!!!!! :willy :willy :willy

Your new avatar is very nice

All the best

Shadomwan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
say butterfly boy:lol here is your triva question, on what TV show did the butterfy flick start? :lol :biggrin :lol

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
count me in for a groupe buy, i live in canada, i will ship the car where ever

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
did anyone find out about the butterfly doors. Update?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'm definitely in for a group buy and I'm even skinny and can do yoga but still like the gullwing doors. :willy

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Outstanding!!!! Beautifully done.

How do you like the functionality / practical aspect? Easier on all aspects to use?

I am in California and interested in the group buy.

Last edited:

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
Hello everyone, I spoke with MK2 and it is possible to do a group buy on the B-doors. We will set up a shop area for the work in a central location like LA and schedule around a date that works for most. Because of the cost involved in travel, hotels, rental cars and shop rental for the install crew I will need to have a list of people that really want it done to put it together. Here is your chance, start a tread of people that want it done and what dates work the best behind your name, I will look into the logistics after a list is developed.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Hey... wait... I didn't see the comment..."And Jerry... we will give you the same credit on the group buy for starting this post and getting the interest going on the doors!" :willy :willy :willy

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Awsum,

I looks like a bolt in install from the pics and slide show.

What happens at the door latch ?. any modifications needed there or to the sill. How about a few more details on what, if anything needs else needs modification.

Example: At the final stage of travel is seams the door would need to open
normally for at least a few inches to clear the top guides at the roof. Then it would have just a short amount of travel on closure to give the door some pressure to close it. It is hard to see this in the slide show. We need a slo-motion vid to really take it all in.

That strut lift, is is totally custom or does it fit something we might be able to replace it with down the road. My experience with them has been that they get slow in the cold and do not hold things up as well after a few years. The other concern I have is how well the guide will wear over time. Perhaps the ball end has a cover to take the abuse or a sleeve in the guide itself. Maybe there is not enough force for this to be a concern, but thought I would ask.

It truely looks like a great piece of engineering. Kudos to the folks at Genaddi

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Awsum,

I looks like a bolt in install from the pics and slide show.

What happens at the door latch ?. any modifications needed there or to the sill. How about a few more details on what, if anything needs else needs modification.

Example: At the final stage of travel is seams the door would need to open
normally for at least a few inches to clear the top guides at the roof. Then it would have just a short amount of travel on closure to give the door some pressure to close it. It is hard to see this in the slide show. We need a slo-motion vid to really take it all in.

That strut lift, is is totally custom or does it fit something we might be able to replace it with down the road. My experience with them has been that they get slow in the cold and do not hold things up as well after a few years. The other concern I have is how well the guide will wear over time. Perhaps the ball end has a cover to take the abuse or a sleeve in the guide itself. Maybe there is not enough force for this to be a concern, but thought I would ask.

It truely looks like a great piece of engineering. Kudos to the folks at Genaddi

The door hardware is swapped out with their parts. There is some modification to the OEM parts and a few things that need to be trimmed under the wheel well inner cover. The doors do open a few inches normally before they swing up. It's a pretty clean install. The question on the strut should go to Genaddi. I believe they said the strut they use is over kill as far how much weight it can hold. The guide wear is another question for Mr. Genaddi. I'm not sure about that.

Also, Bernard was a great guy to work with. He is a true gentleman. I am very happy with the new door hardware! :thumbsup

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
The hinge system is not something that can be sent out and installed in your driveway; it is a very involved process to achieve success by trained installers. As all of the factory assembled cars are slightly different from one another it takes time to shim and fit them properly. But, before all that there is a fair amount of parts that need to be removed carefully, like the front fenders and everything attached to them. On average it takes 3 to 4 days of work to put them on the GT, (the car they were specifically designed and made for).
The air springs are a German part that we can replace if needed. The air springs and hinging system is so well balanced that it can be push up or down with one finger. You could put the original hinges back on as they are a bolt on part by why would anyone want to is my point. I think the options that we have developed and continue to are necessity items not novelties and there for they are looked at by a potential buyer as a much needed improvement.
Thanks to Awsum GT, Shadowman, MK2 and others that have gone with the B-door system we were able to work through a few glitches and make a very world class product the looks and performs like a factory OEM part.
As to the group buy, depending on the number of people in the group buy we will determine how many installers to send, the hope would be to get them all installed in two weeks giving everyone a better price and our team a shorter time in CA. One more thought would be for us to open an installation facility in LA, anyone interested in some storefront fun?