A taste of the X1's at Rally III

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
A total of 8 X1's made it to Rally III. :thumbsup Here are some photo's of the owners and the man who made it happen! While it was a good turn out, we did miss our fellow owners who could not make it.
P9120090.jpg

Picky-picky-picky
P9120103.jpg

Almost ready
P9120104.jpg

O.K. I'm ready.:thumbsup
P9120105-1.jpg

Kip Ewing and Jim Lunz (Anya)
P9120100.jpg

The first X1 Twin Turbo tested at over 200 without the top!
P9110026.jpg

A big thumbs up!:thumbsup
P9110073.jpg

We did have a professional photographer friend of Bernard's there, so better photo's will be forthcoming.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great shots rick!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great pics!!! Looks like Tungsten was the dominant color of the GTX-1's. Love the topless :eek look. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was lucky enough to see Anya's X-1 in person. Y'all may not have noticed it in the photos, but look close - his X-1 runs CF wheel rims!

The car looks good in photos, but, photos really don't do it justice at all. It's just totally outrageous 'in person'. :thumbsup:thumbsup

(He has a White factory Mustang race car that's JUST as outrageous in it's own right! Man!!! What a 'Stang! Pocket's likey whole bunch! :willy:willy:willy)

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
It was great to put faces to the Forum Login names of GTX1 owners. Each of the GTX1s at Rally III had special touches that made it unique. I had a blast driving my GTX1 #2 on the track at LV Speedway, and apologize to everyone behind me who I held up because I was so bog slow.

A very special thanks to Forum member "Specracer" (Andy), who was an instructor for the track sessions and drove my car with me as a passenger for one session "LIKE HE STOLE IT!" Andy said he was "7-8 tenths," but let me tell you, it felt like 14 tenths to me. I HAD NO IDEA what this car could really do. WOW WOW! I don't know if it was from the speed Andy was making through the turns, the heat, or that I hadn't had anything to eat since dinner the night before, but in two laps I was getting queasy and had to ask Andy to pull off the track and into the pits. Unforgettable! Thanks again, Andy. And thanks to Dave for all the tremendous work that went into Rally III!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
That is awesome guys!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for the photos and info. Anxious to see more :cheers

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Don, the honor was mine to be able to pedal your car around the track! Glad you enjoyed it, and hope you will get her back out on the track again, some day!

Good stuff! Andy

It was great to put faces to the Forum Login names of GTX1 owners. Each of the GTX1s at Rally III had special touches that made it unique. I had a blast driving my GTX1 #2 on the track at LV Speedway, and apologize to everyone behind me who I held up because I was so bog slow.

A very special thanks to Forum member "Specracer" (Andy), who was an instructor for the track sessions and drove my car with me as a passenger for one session "LIKE HE STOLE IT!" Andy said he was "7-8 tenths," but let me tell you, it felt like 14 tenths to me. I HAD NO IDEA what this car could really do. WOW WOW! I don't know if it was from the speed Andy was making through the turns, the heat, or that I hadn't had anything to eat since dinner the night before, but in two laps I was getting queasy and had to ask Andy to pull off the track and into the pits. Unforgettable! Thanks again, Andy. And thanks to Dave for all the tremendous work that went into Rally III!

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Thanks for the kind words

:thumbsup
I was lucky enough to see Anya's X-1 in person. Y'all may not have noticed it in the photos, but look close - his X-1 runs CF wheel rims!

The car looks good in photos, but, photos really don't do it justice at all. It's just totally outrageous 'in person'. :thumbsup:thumbsup

(He has a White factory Mustang race car that's JUST as outrageous in it's own right! Man!!! What a 'Stang! Pocket's likey whole bunch! :willy:willy:willy)

we missed you in LV. Come to Seattle and I will give you a spin in the "stang" (it will spin if the tires are cold):biggrin

Jim

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
gtx1

Having now had some seat time driving a GTX1 through the moutians or what ever you call them out there . I can now say I have been ruined with the gtx1 experience ! Its all your fault cmoody32 !!! Hope your happy now !!!
Thanks for the ride it was the balls !!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the photos and info. Anxious to see more :cheers

GTX.jpg

H

HHGT

No disrespect intended to any of the GTX1 owners, but, the Gold on Black is awesome.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Randy, if you can email me a hi res pic, I would appreciate it.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
No disrespect intended to any of the GTX1 owners, but, the Gold on Black is awesome.:thumbsup:thumbsup

+1

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think it would look even better with gold on the inside part of the spokes to match the stripes

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida

Thanks to everyone who expressed the same compliment to me in Vegas during Rally III. I really appreciate the commendation coming from so many experienced owners. NEVERTHELESS, THE REAL CREDIT SHOULD GO TO BERNARD GUERIN, who is the engineer-creator of the reversed automated clamshell opening, the side-scoop cold air intake system, and the new trunk with an automated lid. Bernard also crafted the design for the B-Door hinges on my X1 while he worked at Genaddi Design; however, he has now developed an even better and stronger B-Door hinge. Best of all, every one of Bernard's innovations will work on the GT and the X1.

Lucky for me, Bernard now lives and operates his own company (Guerin Engineering) here in St. Petersburg.

Steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Steve!

Your car is great!!

Question, since your a lawyer, it should be an easy one...

Who owns the rights to these mods?? Bernard was on the payroll of Gennandi who is still in business.

As the moderator of this board, I am concerned about our owners getting involved in a gray area.

Please advise. Thanks!
Bony
Moderator-admin.

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Question, since your a lawyer, it should be an easy one..

Who owns the rights to these mods?? Bernard was on the payroll of Gennandi who is still in business.

Hi Bony:

Although Bernard Guerin designed them, it is true that Genaddi Design owns the market rights to the B-Door hinges installed on my GTX1. It's my understanding, however, that those particular hinges are no longer made, available, or sold by Genaddi Design.

Bernard is the sole owner of all of the modifications he is currently installing on GTs and GTX1s. Since leaving Genaddi Design and forming his own company, Bernard has designed and developed a totally new B-Door hinge for the GT and GTX1. The same is true regarding the automated hinge system design for the reversed opening chamshell, the side-scoop cold air ram system, and the new trunk with the automated lid. All are totally new in functionality and engineering design. With my assistance, Bernard will file for a U.S. Patents on all four modifications.

I hope this responds to your questions.

Steve

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Steve, really gorgeous X1!! Can you post some more pics of your mods (like the side-scoop cold air ram and the reverse clam with a trunk? What sort of exhaust do you have to accomodate this 'trunk'? (I MUST assume that those rolling coolers behind your car didn't fit in there?? LOL)

Interested in hearing more about the doors as such info becomes available.

Can you post up also when the patents are filed? I wouldn't mind taking a peek at them (in a car guy only completely non-litigous manner). Thanks.

Pro V

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Steve, really gorgeous X1!! Can you post some more pics of your mods (like the side-scoop cold air ram and the reverse clam with a trunk? What sort of exhaust do you have to accomodate this 'trunk'?

Thanks for the compliment.

As soon as it gets back from Vegas (probably late tomorrow), I will take some pictures of what I will refer to collectively as "Bernard's Creations." It's important to keep in mind that they are all still a "work-in-progress" in that none have been finalized. My guess is that Bernard will not have all of them finalized (and ready for filing for a U.S. Patent) until January 2009.

In answer to your question about the exhaust system, the system on my X1 was installed as an option by Genaddi Design, not by Bernard. Here again, however, it's my understanding that Bernard intends to design and market a totally new exhaust system to accommodate the new trunk. If you want more details, I suggest that you send Bernard an e-mail at guerinbernard@hotmail.com), call him at (727) 687-0981, or visit his website at www.guerinengineering.com. If I recall correctly, some of the pictures you requested are posted on Bernard's website.

Best regards,

Steve

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Steve.

Going to the Guerin website now.

EDIT- well, after going to the website, except for the actual trunk (which you've stated as Genaddi) and the side cold air scoop, I think he's already got most of the pictures up. Very cool. Thanks for the link

Last edited: