93 cobra

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
My new daily driver!

Just picked it up, one of my all time favorites, I always wanted another fox body!

ported trick flow heads, s trim sc, headers, ignition, and a few other mods, but now will go through a complete transmformation in the next few years.

newgarage93cobrakitchenfamilyroomledgestone047.jpg

newgarage93cobrakitchenfamilyroomledgestone058.jpg

newgarage93cobrakitchenfamilyroomledgestone067.jpg

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
nice clean car ,i always wanted one .

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Love it! What was the last year for the Fox body?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
You are gonna have to borrow Mullets hair-do to drive that thing around!!

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Love it! What was the last year for the Fox body?

Jason,
1993 was the last year for the Fox body and the first year for the SVT Cobra. Most people would say that the 93 cobras were the high-water mark for the beloved Fox; although some say the 84-86 SVO's held their own.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
thanks guys, ya 93 was the last year of the fox, this car actually has all original sheet metal, I cant believe were talking about a 93 having all original sheet metal, like its a 69 or a 70, god I feel old :))))

Shelby, jason is very particular about his mullet, he doesnt lend it out. maybe you can broker the deal?:lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I hate you, I want one now.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
wow, beautiful

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I sold my father-in-law's all original 33k mile 1993 Cobra within the last year and I deeply regret it. It is a fun car. I would like to get a 1993 Cobra R but I'm not in the mood to pay $45-55k for a fox body.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
MK2-gt, thanks

torrie, you should get one, its like a time machine we were talking about! I felt like I was 17 when I sat in it :)

sinovac, wow 33k, it must have been cleeeeeeeeeeean. I know what you mean I really wanted a 93 saleen with factory supercharger, they are almost impossible to find, I think they only made 25 in 93 with factory sc. and the price would be over 30k easy,

however I had no idea a 93 cobra R would go as much as 55K?? what were they new?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yeah makes me wish I didn't sell my 351w black on black 1993 notchback a few years ago.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Yeah makes me wish I didn't sell my 351w black on black 1993 notchback a few years ago.

dont give me Ideas, you know I got the Gt motor sitting in my garage:eek the first fox body with a gt motor?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
dont give me Ideas, you know I got the Gt motor sitting in my garage:eek the first fox body with a gt motor?

I can't compete with the crazy sh*t going on in your head man I'll gladly just sit here and try to manage my own insanity :lol:lol:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I can't compete with the crazy sh*t going on in your head man I'll gladly just sit here and try to manage my own insanity :lol:lol:lol

its starting to make perfect sense, then I can take the 93 motor and put it in the 70 clone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I don't ever want to try to understand what makes sense to you.:cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I don't ever want to try to understand what makes sense to you.:cheers

haha:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Talk like that gets me to thinkin' about that '60 Starliner with the FGT mill under the hood down at SEMA a year ago... :bang:willy:willy:willy

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
sinovac, wow 33k, it must have been cleeeeeeeeeeean. I know what you mean I really wanted a 93 saleen with factory supercharger, they are almost impossible to find, I think they only made 25 in 93 with factory sc. and the price would be over 30k easy

The car was very nice. Absolutely stock except for new tires and battery. The R was $25,XXX. I was only a couple years out of law school and didn't have 2 nickels to rub together but I wanted an R badly. People forget the 5.0 Fox bodies were the first of the new muscle cars and made a huge impact on the car scene. They were manna from heaven after the 1972-1981 dark ages.
DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes 93r's are in that range, there are 107 of them. Was great to talk to Neil ressler at the rally about these cars. He said 107' was because of course they were over promised by dealers, BUT, he bought the front brakes basically at retail, and he bought 107 sets. So when gone..... Gone..... Could not build any more with out brakes. There is one listed on a trader now for 75k. There is a dealer in VA with 2 that I talked to, 50's were the number. I hope someday to have all 3 r's, I started with the 2000.

And your car looks awesome !!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
yes, your car is one clean 93:thumbsup and these cars(fox bodies) were instrumental in starting the hp scene and muscle era in the late 80's after the government had all but killed the car hobby in the 70' and early 80's. its great to see these cars looked after, I grew up in fox bodies, had one right after high school and all through college and grad school and even a little after and finally now again :)