2016 Ford GT only for Ford Fans and Collectors making pricing interesting

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Just a thought and opinion:

I think the only people who would drop a deposit now on a 250K or even 400K Ford are "us" who love the Ford GT and are fortunate enough to have a 05-06 Model. I'm drooling over the car and afraid it will be WAY out of my price range. I think it may list at 250K but everyone is right....the superwealthy and die hard Ford fans with that kind of money will pay $400+ for the car. The question is, will that small subset of people purchase all the cars and there not be any at "list" price. Collectors are very aware at what's happened to the current model, so anyone could assume the new model would only appreciate over the next 10 years making it a car worthy of adding to a wealthy collector's stable. If the production run is as low as predicted, I think that will put most of us out from owing one.

I think if there are enough of them produced that those with deep pockets don't gobble up. there will be some out there that some "normal" folks can purchase. I have lurked on multiple boards and NSX people love the NSX and they have been dying for this car to come out. Ferrari guys will always want the latest Ferrari. Lambo guys want Lambos. I think only us die hard Ford GT fans would pay an exhorbant amount of money for this car and I think even 250K is a huge price for the non Ford GT lover. Who out there besides us is saying that "have to have one"?

I'm sure many of you have talked to many exotic car owners who still say "its just a Ford" no matter how cool it looks or how great the performance is. Honesly, how many people besides us would drop that much money for a Ford? Heck, I told my wife I would sell my house to get a new GT and we can move to a one bedroom appartement or get a house trailer (with a garage of course). But we are in a huge minority who would pay those prices for a Ford.

I think there are so many "great" car choices out there, Huracan V10, 650S TT V8, Ferrari 458 NA V8, etc that the Ford GT will just be a new Exotic that appeals to a very small market. Question is....will that market buy all the cars up?? Only time will tell!!! By 2018 we will probably know.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I think only us die hard Ford GT fans would pay an exhorbant amount of money for this car and I think even 250K is a huge price for the non Ford GT lover.

The serious collectors/extreme Ford guys might/probably will pay 400K for this car. After that, the real world comes into play; the street cars/standard production units on the normal market. I might be way off here, but after the frenzy over the first ~200 production units, I don't see the typical 3 year trendy exotic rotationist owner spending ~400K on a 600hp V6 Ford. Unless of course, this thing weighs in the McL F1 range and starts breaking down walls with its performance and track times.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I would gladly pay $400K for a car if it only dropped slightly the first few years, then grew in value later in its life. (That's why I never bought an Aston Martin, even though I love them.)

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
This car is north of $400K and I hope I am wrong. And in my humble opinion I suspect the biggest issue facing future owners is service after the sale. How many horror stories we have heard about Chevy/Ford dealers wrapping cars around poles and trees while performing a test drive after an oil change service call.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This car is north of $400K and I hope I am wrong. And in my humble opinion I suspect the biggest issue facing future owners is service after the sale. How many horror stories we have heard about Chevy/Ford dealers wrapping cars around poles and trees while performing a test drive after an oil change service call.

Ask carnut.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
And in my humble opinion I suspect the biggest issue facing future owners is service after the sale.

Sam!! That's where WE come in! Expansion plans underway (seriously).

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Kendall, find me a 50K mile car in 2022 for a "deal".

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005

Very true. The new GT screams ADM.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
While I love the 650s, I wouldn't part with over $300k for one; however, I would seriously consider spending $350-450k for a new GT. Sadly, I suspect that willingness and financial ability alone will not secure me one. Sigh.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
While I love the 650s, I wouldn't part with over $300k for one; however, I would seriously consider spending $350-450k for a new GT. Sadly, I suspect that willingness and financial ability alone will not secure me one. Sigh.

Be patient Clint. Despite much gnashing of teeth, if the price and production number rumors are true, you'll get a car eventually. There have been exactly zero cars at the expected price point and production figures of the NFGT ("new Ford GT"-yes, you saw the acronym first in this post) which were unobtainable. Patience (not to be confused with imprudent delay) has never let me down when buying a car. Wait until the first and second round of buyers get bloodied in the Octagon, then make your move. That's my plan.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Be patient Clint. Despite much gnashing of teeth, if the price and production number rumors are true, you'll get a car eventually. There have been exactly zero cars at the expected price point and production figures of the NFGT ("new Ford GT"-yes, you saw the acronym first in this post) which were unobtainable. Patience (not to be confused with imprudent delay) has never let me down when buying a car. Wait until the first and second round of buyers get bloodied in the Octagon, then make your move. That's my plan.

Sounds reasonable to me. :cheers

NFGT. I like it. I wonder if I coined a new term yesterday, when my wife and I were discussing newer terms referring to sexual orientation (metrosexual, pansexual, etc.). I told her I was petrosexual. I wonder if that has been used before. Probably.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Solid advice, there are a few FGT owners here who paid less than sticker for a new GT in late 2006. :)

As everything seems to be speculation, I hate to contemplate production runs of 300-400 a year. That would make life challenging but Ford has proven that they know how to play the press (and public) like a fiddle. I suspect we are just humming the tune along with the rest of the car world.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Solid advice, there are a few FGT owners here who paid less than sticker for a new GT in late 2006. :)

As everything seems to be speculation, I hate to contemplate production runs of 300-400 a year. That would make life challenging but Ford has proven that they know how to play the press (and public) like a fiddle. I suspect we are just humming the tune along with the rest of the car world.

Sung by the Ford GT Forum choir for sure!

It is a2015 chart topper rendition of a nearly 50 year old song.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
It will all really depend on how many they end up producing. The early 05 GT also sold for 100 over sticker

i really want one but not for 100 over

wonder whats the max you can spray a v6 ?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It will all really depend on how many they end up producing. The early 05 GT also sold for 100 over sticker

i really want one but not for 100 over

wonder whats the max you can spray a v6 ?

I know we all have raging boners for this car, but think about it logically. One of two things is likely to happen with this car:

1. It will be a runaway success with extremely high demand. In this case, Ford is likely to extend production or continue the nameplate with a newer, improved car, which, in turn, will make the then old new Ford GT more widely available on the secondary market.
2. Not #1. In this case no one with the money will have a problem getting a car.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sounds reasonable to me. :cheers

NFGT. I like it. I wonder if I coined a new term yesterday, when my wife and I were discussing newer terms referring to sexual orientation (metrosexual, pansexual, etc.). I told her I was petrosexual. I wonder if that has been used before. Probably.

Just googled "petrosexual". Nothing new I guess. Even a logo for one:

Attachments

• petrol.jpg
    petrol.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 214

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

If the 300 per year world wide production is real, there won't be enough built to have any on the showroom floor, even dealers won't get a display model. Heck even at 500 or 1000 they will fly out before the wheels stop turning when the car comes off the delivery truck. So there won't be inventory to become stale. That is if it is really in the 300-350K range. Above 400K the story will be different.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

I've been thinking of a 650S or 12C spyder for quite a while. For equal price (or even within the noise level) the spyder would be a major factor in shifting alliances.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Remember, It's not only what you pay up front but how much value it keeps! Definitely gonna be $350-400k. But if it doesn't depreciate, I'm in!