2016 Ford GT only for Ford Fans and Collectors making pricing interesting

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
It will be interesting to read this in 2018. I was searching a while back on lambotalk forum and there was a guy trading his Ford GT for a Gallardo. This was in 06 or 07. If he would have only known.

I hope it depreciates like an Aventador, 458, etc to a baseline level.

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Let me just throw this out there….for most people who are willing to spend 250-300k on a car, spending another 100-200k will not be a limiting factor in their decision making. What will affect their decision is:

1) Just how much do they love the car
2) Do they expect it to depreciate significantly.

The answer to the first question seems pretty clear. People really really love this car. Barring any major catastrophic mechanical failures in the first few months of production, this will not change. Second, depreciation will be directly related to the number produced. Keep in mind that many "non-ford" people who missed out on the 05-06 GT are now sensitized to this car, and will be interested in purchasing it. They are aware of the appreciation that our cars have enjoyed, and this has turned them on to the GT even more. In addition, wealth has increased tremendously around the world in the past ten years. The number of billionaires in the US has increased by a factor of greater than 10! The number of people around the world who would pay north of 400K is way way more than 200 as suggested earlier. If Ford limits production on this car, and especially if they announce that there will not be an immediate successor after the two to three year run, I think the car will settle out at around 500-600k (that's assuming only 300-400 units per year). The thing with this car is that it just looks so incredible! You don't get tired of looking at it. I can't say that about too many modern cars although I may be a bit biased.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
$400-500K is lunacy

Ford is a world class company with scale economies available to like 1-3 auto OEM

They will figure out how to get price low, whether it's explorer handles, focus switches, aston-bin columns, or ruber matts. They are bumping out Eco-boost blocks like donuts in one massive factory (see F racing website).

They will not led dealers run amok either with ADMs; dealers have long term customers too, to please.

Billionaires buy planes / yachts, rarely cars, they can't bend to sit in.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I

I know we all have raging boners for this car, but think about it logically. One of two things is likely to happen with this car:

1. It will be a runaway success with extremely high demand. In this case, Ford is likely to extend production or continue the nameplate with a newer, improved car, which, in turn, will make the then old new Ford GT more widely available on the secondary market.
2. Not #1. In this case no one with the money will have a problem getting a car.

Great chance for this happening! One of the Ford performance executives has already stated they are bringing forth 13 exciting new performance vehicles by 2020. Thats 3 down and 10 to go. :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
lol you guys act like there are 10000 people with 500k in hand ready to put down a deposit and buy this car the minute in hits the market, this car is probably not on a lot of peoples radar, especially the ones that could write a 500K check, or the lambo guys or the ferrari guys etc. if the msrp is more than 300k then its simply just not worth the money to me. we are talking about 300 thousand dollars... i think people have become numb when it comes to money spend on some exotics. or maybe perhaps im doing something wrong, Ed we need a new profession...

same thing happend with the 05 gt first came out dealers were getting 250K for them then the craziness slowed down and they went back to msrp, I suspect a similar thing will happen here perhaps the first 2 to 300 cars will go for a nice premium but after that the price will adjust itself to close to msrp.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
+1

No matter how awesome the new FGT is - anything costing above 200K is still a lot of money to the majority of car guys .... and in a very competitive market with lots of great exotics to choose from ....

:cheers
Anders

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I told her I was petrosexual. I wonder if that has been used before. Probably.

petrol.JPG

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Agree with above: car will be below 300!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Anyone know what a 2015 Ford DP costs?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ed we need a new profession....

.......the worst is yet to come, keep your powder dry. :frown

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Anyone know what a 2015 Ford DP costs?

About $450k + customer supplied engine, data and fuel management system, but that's not a useful comparison because that product and the new GT share nothing in common save the powerplant (if you outfit it with the EB 3.5L).

I don't know what the EB 3.5L race motor costs, but my guess based on the 5.0L race motor is probably around $45k-50k.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Um, yes Gary- if you look back a page or two, you'll see that I already posted this.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
.......the worst is yet to come, keep your powder dry. :frown

for all of our sakes I hope youre wrong, I think there there will always be a market for craftsmen who provide quality service and product, even in the worst conditions. but I feel sorry for the kids getting out now a days.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
In your location, you may be more insulated to the larger forces that are redefining our profession. That is good. I wish I were there with you for that reason.

Up here, a complete over haul is taking place. Only thing we can do, as you say, is keep doing our very best . Hopefully there are enough out there who want that.

Contemplating Rally 10. It would be my first. Hopefully, if I go, we'll hoist a few to Centric Relation and good Anterior disclusion. :wink :lol

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks David. looking ahead to Lemans 24. LMGTE PRO would be a slaughter. LMP2 may be challenging with weight and cost controls. Ford wants to go racing would they build a "Ford Performance" part # GT-R?
Do we know if FIA/WEC had guidance or blessing this week?

Best, Bret.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
In your location, you may be more insulated to the larger forces that are redefining our profession. That is good. I wish I were there with you for that reason.

Up here, a complete over haul is taking place. Only thing we can do, as you say, is keep doing our very best . Hopefully there are enough out there who want that.

Contemplating Rally 10. It would be my first. Hopefully, if I go, we'll hoist a few to Centric Relation and good Anterior disclusion. :wink :lol

I missed the last rally cause DBK never sent me my ford gt shirt :) but I'll make the detroit rally if he promises to get me new gt at sticker...
Im sure Ed will have a few things to say about centric relation.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I missed the last rally cause DBK never sent me my ford gt shirt :)

What Ford GT shirt? Do I owe you something?

"Oh Dave you have to have the Rally in Vegas!" - Soroush, every year since ever. Then doesn't show.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks David. looking ahead to Lemans 24. LMGTE PRO would be a slaughter. LMP2 may be challenging with weight and cost controls. Ford wants to go racing would they build a "Ford Performance" part # GT-R?
Do we know if FIA/WEC had guidance or blessing this week?

Best, Bret.

I agree that this car ought to wipe LMGT Pro. They need to stay there and take the win.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Im sure Ed will have a few things to say about centric relation.

I already know Ed knows the truth, you aren't hinting you are a Centric Relation denier are you? :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
What Ford GT shirt? Do I owe you something?

"Oh Dave you have to have the Rally in Vegas!" - Soroush, every year since ever. Then doesn't show.

YES! WHERE IS MY SHIRT ? lmao of course you can make it up to me, a new gt at sticker in liquid blue please!
trust me, I wanted to be at the rally, I really did, but it was just not in the cards, sometimes life(crazy b**ches) have a way of changing your plans but no worries no one in my life right now, at least not until until tomorrow night :)
I still want a gt shirt!!!