GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I need # in your party for dinners.

Gentlemen,

Please look at the list below and find your name. Next to your name is the number I have down in your party for the two dinners plus lunch at my home. If there is a ? instead of a number I don't know how many there will be in your party so please send me a PM or post up ASAP. If the number I have behind your name is the incorrect number in your party please let me know that as well. Finally, some of these members may already be on the road and will not see this post so if you see a question mark behind the name of someone and you know the number in their party, please send me a PM and let me know. Thank you for your help, this is going to be a lot of fun. :cheers

DBK-2
Bony-1
Chip Beck-4
The GT Guys-2
Jason’s Auto Spa-2
Prowler-2
Indy GT-2
Spirit-2
AZGT-5
DBTGT-1
Piccola-1-M
FlorIdaho Chris-1
Shesgotlegs-2
Not 4N-2
TimCantwell-3
PhxGT-0-M,1-T
Peak Completions-3
Lightning-2
JBG-2
ByeEnzo-1
Hammer-1-M, 2-T
Flagstaff GT-2
Texas GT-2
GTInMyBlood-2
Blue Moose-2-M, 1-T
93extxdps-2
427Aggie-1
ItsOnlyMoney-1
Pace Car-w/Chip
MPescelli---------------?
fjpikul-2
Tony Nowak-2
GT38-----------------?
Team Jeff-2
sr71-1
Fast Eddie-2
HJP-3
SFM6S006-2
Roc Spo-2
Avant----------------?
GT Pilot-2
Gadget Man-1
Fubar-1
Azstad-1-lunch only
4rd GT-2
Fast Freddy-2
Buddy Stubbs-2-T

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Heyzus, Chip, that is pretty much everyone and anyone who is important coming to the Rally is going through Scottsdale, first !
burnrubber.gif
burnrubber.gif
burnrubber.gif

I hope us stragglers i.e. (definitiion = somebody or something that straggles, especially a person or animal that lags behind or becomes separated from a group, or FGT owners not going to Scottsdale!), from California will be welcome in Vegas?

greenmartini.gif

Buy me pal bony a Maker's Mark Manhattan at the BBQ restaurant, I'll settle with you in Lost Wages!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Be impotent with us!

Heyzus Chip,

.......pretty much everyone and anyone who is important coming to the Rally is going through Scottsdale first!

Atomic,

Bony put it best months ago when he said, "Everybody knows that all GT Rallys begin in Scottsdale".

Armed with that knowledge, load up, fire up, and join us for dinner on Monday night. Be there, or be square. If you miss this..... your life is ruined. :biggrin

Chip

PS.... Why do men wear tuxedos when they go to get vasectomies? Because if they're going to be impotent, they want to look impotent.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chip...
Is Monday night's dinner Black Tie, I know no flip flops, but can I wear my Piloti's wih my smoking jacket?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
You don't need no stinking Piloti's.

Chip...
Is Monday night's dinner Black Tie, I know no flip flops, but can I wear my Piloti's wih my smoking jacket?

All dress codes are waived for the GT Forum's High Dalai Lama. :cheers

Chip

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Chip mentioned in the original Scottsdale Rally thread posting that I would be hosting a party at my house during the Scottsdale "Rally before the Rally". Things weren't looking like we would be ready to do that as my yard and finishing touches to the house are just getting finished up next week. Now that we are coming along, we decided that we could hosting a casual "pot-luck" get-together at my home in Phoenix for the "locals" and for those of you who are getting into town early for the rally. It will give some of you a chance to see how the cowboys live up north in the foothills. We'll start at around 5:00 PM, Sunday, September 7. Tony Nowak from Toledo and I will be the hamburger short-order cooks. There will be beer, soft-drinks burgers, chicken, and Makers Mark for Bony if he can make it! If it's possible for you to bring a desert, appetizer (or anything for that matter) it would be great, if not, that's fine too! It will be casual, you can sit around the pool, swim, or just drink beer and B.S. about how fast your GT is.

For those from out of town, we're located 30 miles north of Downtown Phoenix off I-17 in the Anthem area.

Please PM me if you can make it, that way I can buy enough burgers and chicken. I can send you directions from Scottsdale or from the city. :cheers

Tim,

This sounds great. Howard and I will be landing at 2:30 pm, planning to unload the GTX1 at Chip's house between 4 -5. We would love to join your potluck BBQ. We have Alex Szilagyi, Ford GT Team Member trailering our car to Scottsdale. He is in route now, I would imagine he has no plans and may like to join as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Peter

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Chip just me, myself and I...

I do believe that RacerX is going to join us Tuesday..I won't know till I get to AZ on Monday afternoon though.

Matt

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Chip,

It willl just be me for lunch at your house and dinner on Tues. I don't think I can make it for dinner on Monday. I may join you late. Thanks.

Still no word from HC.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
awesome!!!

loading up and ready to head out!!!

there will be 4 of us.

thanks!!!

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Chip, just one in my party. sent a couple of PM's but dont know if they made it. Phone or address contact would be great, thanks, john

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Chip,

Have you determined the route from Scottsdale to Vegas yet? I would still like to join the pack en route on Wednesday.

Best Regards,
Jason

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Jason,

I will not finalize the route until a few weeks before the rally. We may cross the Colorado River at Bullhead City if traffic is flowing faster there than at the Hoover Dam. There are some interesting roads that I will check out in late August after my return from Tanzania. We will scout the entire route and I promise our entire high-speed caravan nothing but smooth sailing. :biggrin I will publish the route at least two weeks in advance.

Chip

Guess we will just find out the route to Vegas when we get to Scottsdale....

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
"I'm standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, and such a fine sight to see, it's a girl my Lord in GT Ford, slowing down to take a look at me. Com'on Baaaaaaaby, Don't Say Mayyyybe, come on a ride in bony's Ford, he'll drive you CRAZY!..."

I may have a future in song lyrics. You Scottsdale guys have a great next three days, the rest of us poor workers will be filling the Government's coffers with hard earned tax $$$.
happydriver.gif
happydriver.gif
burnrubber.gif
burnrubber.gif
burnrubber.gif

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Chip,

I gotta ask this question. Where in the world is Winslow, Arizona, and are there babes there driving around town in flatbed Fords? Looking to pick up guys on street corners? Don't break the Egales Fantasy if it is not true!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Indy,

Well I am sure Professor Beck will have all the details down to the last crossed "T", but there aren't too many routes, I think one, Hwy 93 about 307 miles, North by North West (sounds like a movie).

If Hwy 93 is the route, than Kingman looks like a good place for me to link up.

Best Regards,
Waldo

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
You guys check with Chip Beck, it is his show and his party. Chip is in charge

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rally Route from Scottsdale to Las Vegas.

Gentlemen,

I have delayed publishing a Scottsdale to Las Vegas Rally Route because it has had to change as the size of our group has grown and as I receive updated information on how well traffic is flowing over the Hoover dam. The size of our group with 45 GTs plus support vehicles makes US 60 through Wickenburg too dangerous. That is a 2 lane road(one lane each way) and slow traffic would force an endless series of passes with the cars on the tail end having to achieve near Mach speeds to catch up to the main group. I was going to avoid the Hoover Dam by crossing over the Davis Dam at Laughlin. That became a no go when I found out that was the main trucking route. So here it is, our final rally route with one potential optional deviation. From the Marriott Old Town we will head east on Indian School Road to the 101, North on the 101 till it turns eastbound and we will continue eastbound on the 101 to Interstate 17. We'll go north on Interstate 17 all the way to Flagstaff. At Flagstaff we turn westbound on Interstate 40. When we get to Seligman we will deviate onto an old section of the original Route 66 which will take us through several small towns that are nearly forgotten today. This section of route 66 will intersect back onto Interstate 40 in Kingman, Arizona. From Kingman Arizona we will go northbound on Highway 93 across the Hoover Dam and through Boulder City. Just after Boulder city we will fork left onto Interstate 515 which takes a straight north into Las Vegas. There you have it gentlemen.

If we are running behind we can stay on Interstate 40 and skip the Route 66 section which would save us about 30 minutes. I will let the group vote on that option at dinner on Tuesday night.

My apologies to Jason(Waldo) for taking so long to get this information out.

This............ is going to be a lot of fun. Again, welcome to Arizona gentlemen, I'll see you soon. :cheers

Chip

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...When we get to Seligman we will deviate onto an old section of the original Route 66 which will take us through several small towns that are nearly forgotten today. This section of route 66 will intersect back onto Interstate 40 in Kingman, Arizona....

That's a fun section - I ran it in July, '07, on my way back from the SVTOA/SAAC convention at Tooele, Utah. You also might take the small detour on "Historic Route 66" through Ash Fork - lots of souvenirs there.

At any rate, once you get past Seligman, just act like "Lightning McQueen" and have a great ride on the "Mother Road."

Ralphie

PS - That section of road, while 2-lane, has virtually no traffic on it.:thumbsup

:driving: Enjoy :driving:

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
My apologies to Jason(Waldo) for taking so long to get this information out.

Chip,

No need to apologize. As you stated in your post, the Scottsdale pre-Rally has become quite the event. I'm sure you've had one or two small details to work out. :wink

I'll be waiting for your caravan at the I-40 and H-93 junction by 1200. As you are approaching Kingman, could you give me a call on my cell (928-388-4326)? My uncle and I will saddle up and be ready to fall in trail.

This should be a blast. Have fun in Scottsdale. I'll see you on Wednesday.

Best Regards,
Waldo

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Don't say maybe.

Chip,

I gotta ask this question. Where in the world is Winslow, Arizona, and are there babes there driving around town in flatbed Fords? Looking to pick up guys on street corners? Don't break the Eagles Fantasy if it is not true!

Atomic,

Winslow, Arizona is in the northeast corner of the state. During World War II a major Air Force Base was constructed there. It's a sleepy little town today and that former Air Force Base is a pretty nice airport that I land at frequently when I'm returning from Colorado or other points northeast. There are girls there in flatbed Fords but I've never had one slow down for me. :bored

Chip

Last edited: