'08 Scottsdale Rally to the Rally

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Considering the distance I will be driving from the Great White North, and attempting to come by the most INTERESTING route, I'm betting Roxanne (the car) will be wearing more bugs on arrival than anyone else. Any other long-haulers? Before and after the wash photos will be needed.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
65 is what the sign says! There are several places on the 62 mile stretch from Seligman to Kingman where 165 and possibly 205 is do-able. :eek

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Get your kicks.

65 is what the sign says! There are several places on the 62 mile stretch from Seligman to Kingman where 165 and possibly 205 is do-able. :eek

Rich,

Give me a call at 602-430-4877 to discuss the route at your convenience.

Thanks!

Chip

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Does this mean jeans for both places or nicer pants/shirt?-- Jeans are fine at both establishments as long as they are neat and without holes. Polo shirts or collared shirts are appropriate, no T-shirts.

Ladies should wear _______?-- As little as possible. Our United States Olympic women's beach volleyball team members uniforms should serve as an example. Because of the high heat during our Arizona summers, my altruistic concern for the comfort of members wives dictates my suggestion that they be scantily clad.

Chip

Those girls should have won gold for uniforms alone! :eek

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i won't be able to make the rally in Las Vegas because i will be doing the "HIGH Roller Mile Shootout" in Las Vegas on September 28th and my wife said you are not going to Vegas twice in one month :tap: so i had to flip a coin and the 1 mile top speed shootout at Nellis Air Force Base won out. but i will be able to make the Scottsdale Rally September 8th and 9th. i will be making my hotel reservations today for the Marriott in Scottsdale. i will be driving my GT up from Tucson to enjoy all of the Fun :cool i look forward to finally meeting all of you guys :thumbsup

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Which day are the GT Guys going to be working and are they going to be setting up at Chip's or Larry's?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
i won't be able to make the rally in Las Vegas because i will be doing the "HIGH Roller Mile Shootout" in Las Vegas on September 28th and my wife said you are not going to Vegas twice in one month :tap: so i had to flip a coin and the 1 mile top speed shootout at Nellis Air Force Base won out. but i will be able to make the Scottsdale Rally September 8th and 9th. i will be making my hotel reservations today for the Marriott in Scottsdale. i will be driving my GT up from Tucson to enjoy all of the Fun :cool i look forward to finally meeting all of you guys :thumbsup

It looks like they are much more restrictive about roll cages and safety equipment than the Texas Mile. The Mile will let you go 200 plus in a stock GT but not the High Roller people. Are you taking your GT or something else?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
GT Guys in Scottsdale

Which day are the GT Guys going to be working and are they going to be setting up at Chip's or Larry's?

The GT Guys will arrive several days prior to the "Scottsdale Rally to the Rally". They will set up at Larry's house. Contact them directly to schedule your work. Jason's Auto Spa will be set up at Chip's (my) house.

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I will be heading for CASA LARRY'S directly from FresYes. Dennis and Rich have an 8 hour spa treatment planned for #1153. Guess I will take a cab to the NoTellMotel and figure how to get to dinner later. Maybe I can enter the Checker Cab in the Beck Concours?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I will be heading for CASA LARRY'S directly from FresYes. Dennis and Rich have an 8 hour spa treatment planned for #1153. Guess I will take a cab to the NoTellMotel and figure how to get to dinner later. Maybe I can enter the Checker Cab in the Beck Concours?

Bony, if you, or others need transport, send PM

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Tim, PM your cell phone... Is the SRT white with an orange strip? :)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
It looks like they are much more restrictive about roll cages and safety equipment than the Texas Mile. The Mile will let you go 200 plus in a stock GT but not the High Roller people. Are you taking your GT or something else?

at the HIGH roller mile shootout i am racing my viper which has a roll bar, etc.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Chip - i just wanted to let you know i will be bringing my wife too :wink

i told her to pack light because my car cover is in the trunk of my GT which means her bag is gonna have to ride in the floorboard of the passenger side which means my backpack is gonna have to ride in her lap and her purse is gonna have to ride in my lap :willy as you can imagine she is not happy about this :slap i told her to just pack a bikini then and it will make the ride up for her soooo much easier :banana

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Early Arrival Open House

Chip mentioned in the original Scottsdale Rally thread posting that I would be hosting a party at my house during the Scottsdale "Rally before the Rally". Things weren't looking like we would be ready to do that as my yard and finishing touches to the house are just getting finished up next week. Now that we are coming along, we decided that we could hosting a casual "pot-luck" get-together at my home in Phoenix for the "locals" and for those of you who are getting into town early for the rally. It will give some of you a chance to see how the cowboys live up north in the foothills. We'll start at around 5:00 PM, Sunday, September 7. Tony Nowak from Toledo and I will be the hamburger short-order cooks. There will be beer, soft-drinks burgers, chicken, and Makers Mark for Bony if he can make it! If it's possible for you to bring a desert, appetizer (or anything for that matter) it would be great, if not, that's fine too! It will be casual, you can sit around the pool, swim, or just drink beer and B.S. about how fast your GT is.

For those from out of town, we're located 30 miles north of Downtown Phoenix off I-17 in the Anthem area.

Please PM me if you can make it, that way I can buy enough burgers and chicken. I can send you directions from Scottsdale or from the city. :cheers

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My, my, we ARE starting early, aren't we.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Tim, thanks for the offer!
I will not be in until Monday morning....(September 8th)

And...uh...August 28th according to my calendar is a Thursday..?? Not a Sunday...

Do you and Chip have any sort of itinerary of stuff planned for the 40+ gathering? I believe there was talk of one organized dinner for the attendees but not sure which night or what if anything is planned for the second evening.

Any guidance on what is planned vs what is open would be appreciated!

Thanks again to you and Chip for having us stop by!!!

Last edited:

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Sorry the date is Sunday, September 7th. I have no idea what calendar I was looking at!:frown

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, thanks for the offer!
I will not be in until Monday morning....(September 8th)

And...uh...August 28th according to my calendar is a Thursday..?? Not a Sunday...

Do you and Chip have any sort of itinerary of stuff planned for the 40+ gathering? I believe there was talk of one organized dinner for the attendees but not sure which night or what if anything is planned for the second evening.

Any guidance on what is planned vs what is open would be appreciated!

Thanks again to you and Chip for having us stop by!!!

Bill,

Within this thread is a schedule of events that Chip posted. If you can't find it, PM me, I downloaded it and copied it to a Word file.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
In a nutshell, Monday drinks & cocktails at Chez Beck (Teddy Roosevelt Bar), dinner at restuarant. Monday night - TP Cantwell's new house without landscaping (easier to clean up, this should impress new neighbors).

Tuesday, tentative car museum/collection, dinner at restaurant.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Jason,

I will not finalize the route until a few weeks before the rally. We may cross the Colorado River at Bullhead City if traffic is flowing faster there than at the Hoover Dam. There are some interesting roads that I will check out in late August after my return from Tanzania. We will scout the entire route and I promise our entire high-speed caravan nothing but smooth sailing. :biggrin I will publish the route at least two weeks in advance.

Chip

Thanks Tim and Frank! I found the schedule of events in post #115. Been a while since I read that one but I am good to go now!!!

Chip, from above post, any word on the route we will all take from Scottsdale to Vegas? Thanks!