Ford GT Rally XIII - Registration

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Due to a handful of additional cancellations, I have made a few registration slots available. I'll give it until Friday.

You can register at:

Reactions: Special K

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Was so looking forward to running three aside with the Hotts on the GT road trip from Southern CA to AZ to Southern CA.

KB and I will hold an open lane for you.

Now, go win that bid!

(Just tell them what you're sacrificing and it should be an absolute no questions display of pure loyalty and dedication)

View attachment 64207View attachment 64208
What time do you leave to make Chip’s party at 3pm? Cover of darkness?

Reactions: Vince H

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
From Orange County and using toll roads to get out of town, approximately 6 hours with a quick stop across border for gas.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What time do you leave to make Chip’s party at 3pm? Cover of darkness?

More likely, cover of lightness...

No flight plan yet, but Saturday morning before traffic. (Perhaps 8:00 am)

Come join if interested. I don't think our NFGT's will make it with one gas stop. Probably do two, and eat something.

If any frequent traveler has suggestions for pit stops (A) at the 2nd (Fuel) and (B) 4th hour (Fuel and Quick Meal) from So CA to AZ, it would be helpful.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
44 laps at the 'Ring is a loooong way! More than 1 day?
Is "Schlaganfal" German for "over the handlebars and through the woods"?

It was 3 consecutive days at the Nordschleife 'Ring on the K1200S. Along with regular evening rides in the country side and autobahn storming. Sponsored bike and fuel, why not ride it as much as possible in all conceivable conditions. They really hosted us in style with food and entertainment too.

Fortunately I did not have to use learn that phrase!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
More likely, cover of lightness...

No flight plan yet, but Saturday morning before traffic. (Perhaps 8:00 am)

Come join if interested. I don't think our NFGT's will make it with one gas stop. Probably do two, and eat something.

If any frequent traveler has suggestions for pit stops (A) at the 2nd (Fuel) and (B) 4th hour (Fuel and Quick Meal) from So CA to AZ, it would be helpful.
Hilo Dave plotted a trip SCal to Phoenix ...first stop was Chevron on I-10 near PS. (That's where I joined the group). 2nd stop Blythe for lunch nice family restaurant east end of town (was once a Denny's)..3rd stop was for fuel just into AZ at the big truck stop..pretty simple.

TTS

GT Owner
Apr 11, 2008
Hastings, Nebraska
Little late on this one but glad you made it in Todd!
Hope you are bringing your Heritage.
See you (and possibly your Dad?) in Scottsdale!
Thanks Bill. Yes my dad is joining as well and the 17 Heritage will be the whip for the week . The repave at Motorsport Park Hastings should be complete by then and he will be due for a break.

Reactions: JWZ

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing this has been asked already but I can’t find an answer…

Any rough schedule what will be going on each day? Trying to find a time to step away for dinner to meet some friends in Scottsdale without missing any GT festivities…

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
STILL WANT TO GO TO THE RALLY?

Last chance to maybe acquire my slot for Rally VIII. Even at this late hour, I'm there is someone out there who either didn't make the list, or whose situation has changed and could now make the show if it were possible.

I'm coming up on deadline for cancelling hotel reservation(s) - I have a back-up hotel available.

If interested, please contact me; or perhaps DBK, to see if something can be worked out?

Bill Nelson
910- 398- 3179 ( If for some reason that doesn't work, use 508-759-5786 )

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Hey Guys & Ghouls! I regret I've been MIA since our last get-together in Scottsdale - Ford v Ferrari. After a year or so of deep hibernation (and no tender), she roared to life on the first push of the red fire-starter. You gotta' love the '05 - '06s! Following a little warm-up, I unleashed her on the way to Honolulu airport yesterday, backed up onto the pallet, & wished her well as she was loaded into the 747.

Here she is today in LAX like a caged animal (as you can see it takes 16 tie-downs to keep her 1,000+ horses from leaping onto some unsuspecting souls) being picked up by Kendall. She will finally receive some well deserved love & attention by Kendall & Ryan of Cool Tech.

Next Friday, two well endowed gals will be together for the first time. Terry & Monica will be transporting my '19 - thank you very much! The '06 & '19 will meet for the first time. I'm sure there will be fireworks.

SPECIAL REQUEST: Anyone from SoCal driving something other than a FGT? I'm flying in from SEA on the 28th late afternoon & was planning on driving to Scottsdale early AM on the 29th. A friend is joining me on the drive & I'm looking for a courier for a couple of suitcases. I'd be most appreciative, should there be any spare luggage space.

See you all soon!

FGT In LAX.jpg

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Cool picture!’

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool trip starting AlohaGT!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hilo Dave plotted a trip SCal to Phoenix ...first stop was Chevron on I-10 near PS. (That's where I joined the group). 2nd stop Blythe for lunch nice family restaurant east end of town (was once a Denny's)..3rd stop was for fuel just into AZ at the big truck stop..pretty simple.
You can stop at Chip's gas station/truck stop on the way into Phoenix!

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Kelvin, great to hear you will be coming to the rally. Arriving with your 06 Heritage tucked into a 747 is quite classy! No offloading backup for you.
See you soon my friend!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Thanks Jeff for the Hilo Dave tips.

BMSocal, currently we likely have Karl Brauer and myself driving from OC, and meeting Midnite Blu in PS. Trip would look like something above with a Sat morning departure from OC.

We'd love for you to join us if it works with your schedule. Looking to arrive at Chip's in the afternoon.

I'll PM the group later with more details, but keep the specifics off an open forum. Bring a FRS radio if you can get your hands on one.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
This is starting to sound like a Smokey and the Bandit event :D I suppose I'm less adventurous since mine will be hiding in a big orange truck all the way from FL :unsure: 🍻

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thanks Jeff for the Hilo Dave tips.

BMSocal, currently we likely have Karl Brauer and myself driving from OC, and meeting Midnite Blu in PS. Trip would look like something above with a Sat morning departure from OC.

We'd love for you to join us if it works with your schedule. Looking to arrive at Chip's in the afternoon.

I'll PM the group later with more details, but keep the specifics off an open forum. Bring a FRS radio if you can get your hands on one.
Randy - FYI - the 10 is being rebuilt from the 60 to Indio. I'll pm you on joining up.

Reactions: ENZO BTR

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Randy - FYI - the 10 is being rebuilt from the 60 to Indio. I'll pm you on joining up.

Good catch. Sounds like an alternate Meet Spot 1 in PS is in order. Open to alternate suggestions.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Any weekly schedule yet? All I sere is the tract day is Wednesday 11/3/21

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
It begins!ABEFD9D7-7EB3-4AAF-AB74-7DA87F8414D3.jpeg