GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Love it Ajai

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
I wish more people actually purchased high end Super cars for the intended purpose of enjoying them and driving fast. We see way to many people buying cars just to post pictures next to them while they hold the cars and just sell them later when values go up such as waste. Having such an advanced vehicle basically a race car on the street is a true privilege. If I am lucky enough to get a NFT I would drive it and enjoy the same way I do my 2006 FGT. Life is to short to speculate on future values, we must enjoy what we have especially when it looks so good!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Then I confessed....

oh.......... thaaaaats good....

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Wow, I haven’t looked at the Cena thread for weeks because I don’t give a rats ass about him or his car. I have my dream car and plan on it being in my funeral procession. We will always have to deal with the “flavor of the month club” but that is not the typical GT owners. Many of the NGT are not the typical GT owners. Time will tell when things settle out, I didn’t buy the car for an investment, that’s what land is for. All of my cars get driven because I don’t care what they may be worth in the future it’s all about enjoying the time we have now.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Well stated Blake!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
That, and the Dow is up over 30% since inauguration day. While I don't want to unleash another torrent of comments from folks who "don't care what their fgt is worth", it is fair to say that when people are thinking about buying an expensive car (or another and another and another expensive car), people do think about alternative places to put that cash!

As you well know Kenneth, no one can make money by holding cash in a bank account. The stock market or “alternative” markets like cars, etc. are the only way investors can make real money.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Well stated Blake!

+2!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Wow, I haven’t looked at the Cena thread for weeks because I don’t give a rats ass about him or his car. I have my dream car and plan on it being in my funeral procession. We will always have to deal with the “flavor of the month club” but that is not the typical GT owners. Many of the NGT are not the typical GT owners. Time will tell when things settle out, I didn’t buy the car for an investment, that’s what land is for. All of my cars get driven because I don’t care what they may be worth in the future it’s all about enjoying the time we have now.

I couldn’t agree more. Well said Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/...t-vanished-with-2-5-million-in-buyer-deposits

A VP at the Largest Porsche Dealer in America Just Vanished with $2.5 Million in Buyer Deposits

As vice president of marketing at the largest Porsche dealer in the country, Shiraaz Sookralli personally handled some of Champion Porsche's most valued and deep-pocketed clients. Over the last year, he collected over $2.5 million in customer deposits for dozens of the company's ultra-exclusive 911 GT3 and GT3 RS models.

There's only one problem: The cars never existed, the money is missing, and Sookralli just vanished without a trace.

That's according to a lawsuit filed by the dealership against Sookralli in Florida's 17th Circuit Court last week...

A great example of what this stuff can lead to. Go back to 2015, how many F dealers were asking for deposits? How many brokers are out there saying they have car X,Y,Z available? How many forward purchase agreements have been signed with relevant facts redacted?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's an eye opener.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
reminds me of Lamborghini of Orange County.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Holy shyster Batman! Luck favors the bold I guess.

He better stay disappeared, because I’m betting he’ll get disappeared if one of those Porsche intenders finds him...

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I wish more people actually purchased high end Super cars for the intended purpose of enjoying them and driving fast. We see way to many people buying cars just to post pictures next to them while they hold the cars and just sell them later when values go up such as waste. Having such an advanced vehicle basically a race car on the street is a true privilege. If I am lucky enough to get a NFT I would drive it and enjoy the same way I do my 2006 FGT. Life is to short to speculate on future values, we must enjoy what we have especially when it looks so good!!

Well said. If selected for NFGT I’ll be doing the same.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
That store also had a recent 09’ bankruptcy and the owner died swimming in July 18. Lots of bad stuff going on down in S Fl.

But he did own the last American Team to win Le Mans! Overall win.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
reminds me of Lamborghini of Orange County.

Indeed!

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Profiteering has replaced a love for the cars. It is unfortunate that the hobby has been taken over by investors.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It’s BACK! This is what Auction company’s do! There probably hasn’t been a legitimate buyer on the two Ford GT’s just games going on by the Auction co.’s. Too bad these great are being handled like this!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I was checking on plates and both “ F Cena” and “F Mecum” available here .