Cena car

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would very much encourage more people to publicly take up the position that the only relevant discussion to this stuff is "who cares?"

A lot of these cars are going to get sold. A lot of garbage people are involved and are going to be involved in the brokering and sale of the cars (which I think is unique because so many of these people depended on the easy availability of a Ford with collectable status for the 05/06). A lot of people lied about their reasons for wanting the car. A lot of people will be motivated to share their two cents on what the cars should or shouldn't be worth purely on the basis of the way the cars were sold and whether their personal interest is in the value going up or down (at any particular time). It is what it is.

If threads like this are bumped every time there is a transaction, let me tell you, it's gonna be several long years of the stupidest, most irrelevant garbage you can possibly imagine. I can tell you my personal take: Stop bumping these threads. Stop making them. Ultimately, here's what is going to happen: I'm just going to start combining all the threads about this stuff into one giant, unreadable, horrible mega thread and put it in it's own section with Google Ads every other post. If I have to log on and read about the same dumb stuff I can read on Jalopnik, you're at least going to pay me for it.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Well said. If selected for NFGT I’ll be doing the same.
Same here.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I was gona watch comedy on TV, but I think Ill just hang out on the forum instead...
:rofl

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Jack
I got the same email
Me too and I didn't even order one!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Fusilli Jerry approves...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Amen Dave. Well said!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Capture.JPG

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Stop bumping these threads. Stop making them. Ultimately, here's what is going to happen: I'm just going to start combining all the threads about this stuff into one giant, unreadable, horrible mega thread and put it in it's own section with Google Ads every other post. If I have to log on and read about the same dumb stuff I can read on Jalopnik, you're at least going to pay me for it.
I love that idea should be implemented immediately.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Tomy,
I can't wait.
I am saving my pennies.;)

Darin

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Please end this torture!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
You know it!
It’s a million to one shot, Doc.

For some reason, my wife refuses to drive my car with this plate one it...)

Last edited:

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
I spoke to a few people that were present at the auctions and they said a lot of other vehicles were not selling this year. Buyers are realizing the prices are out of control.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Actually, the real question is who gives a shit?

It's a tragic comedy that the exotic car world has been so reduced to all this nonsense. Honestly, how many threads can we get about some guy selling a car? What's the over/under on future threads to be started on auctions and/or sales prices on these cars? 300? 500? 10,000? Whatever the number is, that's the exact number too many. Will there still be Cena threads in 2020? 2025? I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day reading this stuff, but instead of waking up next to Andie MacDowell at the end, I just down a bottle of Beefeater and blow my brains out in an Arby's parking lot. I'd much, much rather be reading one of your extensive and lyrical reviews, even if it was about a Honda Civic.

The crazy thing is that you could literally walk into a dealer circa 2014 and just order a 918. They were just...available. Same with P1, which was going to be 500 units until Mac sussed out that there weren't really that many buyers. But then specialty-cars-as-a-dick-swinging-contest really, really took off and now you have fist fights over derivative editions of editions of editions of regular production cars. The GT currently sits atop the throne of said contest. It will not forever. I feel like there's a distinct possibility the Senna is an inside joke to see how ugly a car can be yet still command a premium.

The most common question I get about Ford GT is "how did you get it?" Great. Super exciting. Probably exactly why Raj and Larry sat down to conceive it. I'm sure the people asking are bummed they couldn't make it to Le Mans 2016, or at least they will be as soon as someone explains to them what it was.

Spoilers anyone? Who wants a spoiler? Here's a spoiler: this will all end soon. It's probably (hopefully) going to be ugly too. Way too many people who don't know or really care about cars (not just this car, any car) beyond "I want something other guys at Cars and Coffee can't get" are involved at this point. Brokers, dealers, auction houses of poor repute, speculators with no personal investment or understanding about the product beyond the present day economics of the market.

The guys on the hamster wheel at all these other brands are going to wake up one day, lose interest, and the whole house of cards will be ****ed. How many dudes will endlessly get hammered having to buy GT4C Lussos and California Ts just to have a shot at the next Tour du Speciale Pista Aperta? Just pay the $300k over, it's cheaper and there's way less bullshit involved. How many cars are there on the market today that you "can't get?" How long can that be sustained? What happens when 918 VIPs don't literally buy each successive GT3/GT3RS/GT3 Touring/GT2RS/Turbo S Exclusive/Turbo S Exclusive Cab/Speedster, etc, etc?

And ultimately, more than anything else, how long can anyone possibly give a shit about these topics as the focal point of owning what are supposed to be pinnacle engineering exercises by brilliant people? It's a total waste. Does anyone really like reading this garbage for any reason beyond the tabloid nature of it? Is it fun? Does it enhance your ownership experience? Does it do justice to the long hours and late nights these guys put in to make these cars a reality? Andreas Preuninger has to want to blow his brains out reading value threads on Rennlist.

This post conveniently summarized as a GIF:

yup,spot on

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Buyers are realizing the prices are out of control.
That, and the Dow is up over 30% since inauguration day. While I don't want to unleash another torrent of comments from folks who "don't care what their fgt is worth", it is fair to say that when people are thinking about buying an expensive car (or another and another and another expensive car), people do think about alternative places to put that cash!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/...t-vanished-with-2-5-million-in-buyer-deposits

A VP at the Largest Porsche Dealer in America Just Vanished with $2.5 Million in Buyer Deposits

As vice president of marketing at the largest Porsche dealer in the country, Shiraaz Sookralli personally handled some of Champion Porsche's most valued and deep-pocketed clients. Over the last year, he collected over $2.5 million in customer deposits for dozens of the company's ultra-exclusive 911 GT3 and GT3 RS models.

There's only one problem: The cars never existed, the money is missing, and Sookralli just vanished without a trace.

That's according to a lawsuit filed by the dealership against Sookralli in Florida's 17th Circuit Court last week...
A great example of what this stuff can lead to. Go back to 2015, how many F dealers were asking for deposits? How many brokers are out there saying they have car X,Y,Z available? How many forward purchase agreements have been signed with relevant facts redacted?

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
The real question is just how numerous the buying pool for NGTs will be. So far, selling prices have been artificially elevated by contractual scarcity. When the cars start to flow into the market, as they inevitably will, the prices will be defined by the strength and depth of those who wanted cars but did not get them. We also have to consider that some of those frustrated buyers will not be buyers at all if they have to pay nearly double MSRP to scratch the itch. I, for one, will be fascinated by how this story plays out...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The real question is just how numerous the buying pool for NGTs will be. So far, selling prices have been artificially elevated by contractual scarcity. When the cars start to flow into the market, as they inevitably will, the prices will be defined by the strength and depth of those who wanted cars but did not get them. We also have to consider that some of those frustrated buyers will not be buyers at all if they have to pay nearly double MSRP to scratch the itch. I, for one, will be fascinated by how this story plays out...
Gentlemen,

The majority of frustrated buyers either will not or can not pay double MSRP for a new GT. And the contractual scarcity you mention is undoubtedly responsible for the 3X+MSRP auction prices to date. Prices will come down to below 2X MPRP after a number of cars exceed the 24 month lockup in my opinion but I doubt they will ever go below MSRP before they start rising slowly again years from now. And that analysis is worth every dime you just paid for it.

Chip

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I expected as Chip says and similar to the 2005/2006 pricing pattern. Although those did bit below MSRP at some point there were 4X available in the pool. For most of the forum it has no bearing until our heirs cash in after we cash out!!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The real question is just how numerous the buying pool for NGTs will be...
Actually, the real question is who gives a shit?

It's a tragic comedy that the exotic car world has been so reduced to all this nonsense. Honestly, how many threads can we get about some guy selling a car? What's the over/under on future threads to be started on auctions and/or sales prices on these cars? 300? 500? 10,000? Whatever the number is, that's the exact number too many. Will there still be Cena threads in 2020? 2025? I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day reading this stuff, but instead of waking up next to Andie MacDowell at the end, I just down a bottle of Beefeater and blow my brains out in an Arby's parking lot. I'd much, much rather be reading one of your extensive and lyrical reviews, even if it was about a Honda Civic.

The crazy thing is that you could literally walk into a dealer circa 2014 and just order a 918. They were just...available. Same with P1, which was going to be 500 units until Mac sussed out that there weren't really that many buyers. But then specialty-cars-as-a-dick-swinging-contest really, really took off and now you have fist fights over derivative editions of editions of editions of regular production cars. The GT currently sits atop the throne of said contest. It will not forever. I feel like there's a distinct possibility the Senna is an inside joke to see how ugly a car can be yet still command a premium.

The most common question I get about Ford GT is "how did you get it?" Great. Super exciting. Probably exactly why Raj and Larry sat down to conceive it. I'm sure the people asking are bummed they couldn't make it to Le Mans 2016, or at least they will be as soon as someone explains to them what it was.

Spoilers anyone? Who wants a spoiler? Here's a spoiler: this will all end soon. It's probably (hopefully) going to be ugly too. Way too many people who don't know or really care about cars (not just this car, any car) beyond "I want something other guys at Cars and Coffee can't get" are involved at this point. Brokers, dealers, auction houses of poor repute, speculators with no personal investment or understanding about the product beyond the present day economics of the market.

The guys on the hamster wheel at all these other brands are going to wake up one day, lose interest, and the whole house of cards will be ****ed. How many dudes will endlessly get hammered having to buy GT4C Lussos and California Ts just to have a shot at the next Tour du Speciale Pista Aperta? Just pay the $300k over, it's cheaper and there's way less bullshit involved. How many cars are there on the market today that you "can't get?" How long can that be sustained? What happens when 918 VIPs don't literally buy each successive GT3/GT3RS/GT3 Touring/GT2RS/Turbo S Exclusive/Turbo S Exclusive Cab/Speedster, etc, etc?

And ultimately, more than anything else, how long can anyone possibly give a shit about these topics as the focal point of owning what are supposed to be pinnacle engineering exercises by brilliant people? It's a total waste. Does anyone really like reading this garbage for any reason beyond the tabloid nature of it? Is it fun? Does it enhance your ownership experience? Does it do justice to the long hours and late nights these guys put in to make these cars a reality? Andreas Preuninger has to want to blow his brains out reading value threads on Rennlist.

This post conveniently summarized as a GIF:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You know it!
It’s a million to one shot, Doc.

For some reason, my wife refuses to drive my car with this plate one it...)

If she has a nice ass, whats her problem??